View Full Version : Can't join servers on NV

ZSurvivalist
07-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Alright, so I installed the program correctly. But I can't join servers. Ironically, my friend, who I showed the mod to, got into a server on his first try after my many. According to him, he launches the game, no launcher menu (with data files, options, play, etc.) and he doesn't go to the main menu, but straight into the game.

But me on the other hand, I see the launcher, I get to the main menu. Whether I close the game before the timer, load default, or just sit there at the main menu, I get an error: Loading of savegame default failed (Timeout of 60000 reached for future value retrieval). So if anyone has encountered this, fixed it, or knows a solution, please share it with me.

Edit: By timer I mean I get the error within the same amount of time every time I open the game.

Volumed
07-21-2012, 01:13 PM
So your friend is hosting the server?
And he can normally join the server without a problem he can see himself connected with the server?
Where did you get the default.fos from?
Where is the default.fos now?
What game?
Where did you download VaultMP from?

benroyko
07-21-2012, 04:28 PM
SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME EVERY TIME

A solution would be great if there is one :)
Im having the exact same problem as him, down the the error message and everything, my friends can join a server but that error is not letting me get on it

ZSurvivalist
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
No, he's not hosting it. We're using the nice server this guy is hosting: https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?1061-Server-Online
Yes, he can join normally, and he sees himself.
I got it from the website, then he sent his to me to see if it would help.
New Vegas (NV)
I downloaded it from the wiki.

ZSurvivalist
07-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Uh, I downloaded his default, and it just worked.

Volumed
07-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Strange, but it works now that is good.
If you can't see each other it's because of a bug try to reconnect sometimes. It will be fixed in the next update. :-)

benroyko
07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
zsurvivalist can you send me the version that your friend sent you? Since we both had the same error messages mine should hopefully be fixed as well? :s can you upload it to a mediafire or something

ZSurvivalist
07-23-2012, 10:39 PM
https://server1.tmg-clan.com/default.fos

This is what I downloaded.

NeoPhoenix
07-23-2012, 11:13 PM
are you using gary1? in gary2 you dont need a savegame anymore

Fenrakk
07-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Hello! I am having the same error "Loading of savegame default failed (Timeout of 60000 reached for future value retrieval)" on both mine and my friends server that we ran through hamachi and its only me that keeps getting this error even when I hosted he got in fine We have sent each other defaults and nothing seems to work we are running GARRY 1 any help would be nice! : D

Volumed
07-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Hmm, I don't know how to fix it some people fix this problem but it's in many ways or they did not tell how.. What you can try: Manual install the default.fos by placing the default.fos in the mygame save folder yourself if you did it this way at the first place try it the other way around open the vaultmp client select your server and click Synchronize.

If this did not work, download vaultmp again and try it the same way also try to reconnect many times.