View Full Version : Hi! I have a few questions

BEEFYpWnGe
07-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Hi, I am totally new. I love the concept of this mod and already tried to play on it. I have installed it correctly and have taught my friend to install it too.

1) Roughly, when will this mod be stable and easy to use?
2) If someone port forwards their server, how do I find it or do I have to know it?
3) How many people know/use this mod?
4) Anyone wanna play on my hamachi server?
5) Anyone got a hamachi or port forwarded server I(and my friend) can play on?

Much love and appreciation-

Greg

Volumed
07-22-2012, 01:34 PM
1) Roughly, when will this mod be stable and easy to use?
A: Nobody knows.

2) If someone port forwards their server, how do I find it or do I have to know it?
A:The official master server "Vaultmp.com" is offline, it will be back in the next public Gary 2 release. If a person want to created a server he/she also have created a master server so only if you know the master server you can join the server.

3) How many people know/use this mod?
A:Unknown without the VaultMP.com master server.

4) Anyone wanna play on my hamachi server?
A:Not me.

5) Anyone got a hamachi or port forwarded server I(and my friend) can play on?
A:No.

foxtacles
07-22-2012, 01:37 PM
A:The official master server "Vaultmp.com" is offline, it will be back in the next public Gary 2 release. If a person want to created a server he/she also have created a master server so only if you know the master server you can join the server.

You can also list the server's IP address in the servers setting in vaultmp.ini (works if the server has direct query enabled). You don't have have to host a master server.

BEEFYpWnGe
07-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Thank you both, this was a impressive, fast reply. So in the vaultmp.ini, you can write down more than one server, and if all of them are online- it should show up as a list of servers in the vaultmp.exe (main program)?? If so, thank you for this tip. You are the main creator of Vault, Recycler?

Quick suggestion- Why not make a forum section dedicated to people writing down their Hamachi details and I.P's so we can all conect. Because this is the only was I can communicate with others with this mod. I feel really isolated?

P.S Keep it up, your all brilliant pro's!!!

Volumed
07-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Thank you both, this was a impressive, fast reply. So in the vaultmp.ini, you can write down more than one server, and if all of them are online- it should show up as a list of servers in the vaultmp.exe (main program)?? If so, thank you for this tip. You are the main creator of Vault, Recycler?

Quick suggestion- Why not make a forum section dedicated to people writing down their Hamachi details and I.P's so we can all conect. Because this is the only was I can communicate with others with this mod. I feel really isolated?

P.S Keep it up, your all brilliant pro's!!!

You're welcome.
Yes that is how it's, and yes Recycler is the creator of VaultMP.

We don't do this because VaultMP is not for the production yet, so it's not playable we also not recommend to play it yet only testing and when the vaultmp.com master server is back it should not matter anymore.

BEEFYpWnGe
07-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Omfg. I had everything up and running and it was all working with Gary 2. My friend joined but when I do, I have a loading screen for ages, then nothing happened. I left it on for a while and still nothing. I attempted turning off steam and other things yet no progress. Why?

Volumed
07-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Without a error or a error log i can't help you.

BEEFYpWnGe
07-22-2012, 06:14 PM
I can tell you that I can run it on Gary 1 fine.

Volumed
07-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Nightly builds they need to be considered even more unstable than the current 'released' versions.

BEEFYpWnGe
07-22-2012, 09:03 PM
So your saying, that the older ones are more reliable?

NeoPhoenix
07-22-2012, 09:22 PM
means they could contains bugs or unstable parts which arent detected/fixed yet. but gary2 works fine for me

Volumed
07-22-2012, 09:23 PM
So your saying, that the older ones are more reliable?

You don't know what Nightly builds are...?
They are no public official releases if you think that..