View Full Version : First test = complete success

Izanagi
08-19-2011, 06:34 AM
I've been watching this mod's progresss for a bit, and decided to see if I could get a server going for myself and a friend. I used the latest installer, then got the default save(with pipboy) and the server/master files. Forwarded the right ports, added the suggested commands to the shortcut, and started the server. I accidentally left all my mods on, so the initial connection failed spectacularly. I disabled them, and spawned near the saloon, completely naked and without an inventory. Expected, and I laughed anyway, so it was good. My friend does the same, and after she sorts out a few things on her end, she too is a naked dude with a pipboy. She got the Caravan Pack items, equipped them, and killed some NPCs. Didn't see any changes in my world, which kinda bummed us out a bit, especially after we killed each other, and were still running around in our own worlds. I see that this will be in the next update(World-synch) and look forward to it very much. One thing we noticed is that walking into Doc Mitchell's house started up the introduction quest, with him waking the player up and such. I got in first, and when she entered, the cutscene started, and I was shoved in a crouched position in the middle of the room, while everything on her end seemed to break. Guessing that's from the quests failing to synch, so again, no biggie. Overall, we got good performance, and had some laughs at our antics. Can't wait for this to really take off and become awesome. Devs, thank you very much for putting together a MP experience for New Vegas and FO3. This is honestly one of the coolest things I've ever seen for a Bethesda game. Cheers, and much success in the future. This mod deserves to live a long, glorious life.