View Full Version : New Vegas on Steam. No multiplayer. Splash screen problem.

Sacrificer
08-19-2011, 09:24 AM
I have New Vegas and all of the DLC's on steam.

Me and my friend had tried to get in to the server together to try Vault-MP out.

Basically, the problem that I had found after so many times, is that when he pressed join game, he went straight in to the server. (He pirated the game. -.- )

* But when I joined with the steam version.. The splash screen came up, I had to click play.. Once I had clicked play, I loaded the game up normally, then I was in the menu... I had to manually load the default save in the 'Load Game' menu. And I was NOT able to connect to the server with the steam version. =/

Does anyone know what the problem is, or am I doing something wrong possibly, because I have the NVSE working in the games console, aswell as pressing join on the Vault-MP window to join the game.

As far as I can see, it's not something I'm doing wrong. So thanks in advance for any help I receive.

- Sacrificer.

jam
08-19-2011, 02:14 PM
im not sure but i think the DLC is counted as a mod and im pretty sure for vaultmp to work everyone has to have the same mods.... again im not sure im right this is all based off guesswork

Dantiko
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
you and your friend disabled GFWL?

Sacrificer
08-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Games for windows live? Fallout new vegas doesn't have that.. And yes. We both have all of the DLC's, but he has the pirated version, I have the steam version.. Quite sure you only have to disable Games for Windows Live for Fallout 3.. The problem is the executable. My version opens the splash screen which launches the game normally. Maybe I will get him to send me his .exe('s) and swap out a backup with the original depending on what I want to do.

Dantiko
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
You launched the VaultMP from the launcher, well, see if you friend did exactly the same thing as you, when you open the game it auto-loads into DefaultSave before you can see the menu.

Sacrificer
08-20-2011, 04:11 PM
No because if you would have read what I had said, he pirated his game, I have the steam version. ;)

General Alexander
08-20-2011, 04:26 PM
stop talking about the pirates on our forum

Dantiko
08-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Tell him to download the original from Skidrow, it's bad for our forum reputation you saying you got a friend with a pirated game.