View Full Version : Can't get this to work.

IcyV
08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
I get this on both revision 147 and Gary 1. I can't play it at all and a friend bought Fallout3 just for this.

"Dedicated server version mismatch.
Please download the most recent binaries from www.vaultmp.com"

I find it funny that everything I look at points to the ones I've tried as being the most recent binaries.

Also, I'm getting a issue with vaultserverd.exe

"Could not find savegame Fallout3/default.fos in folder saves."

I've put it in my Fallout 3 saves folder, my main Fallout 3 folder, and a "Saves" folder in my main Fallout 3 folder.

If it makes any difference I'm using Steam.

foxtacles
08-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Savegame:
"Fallout3/default.fos" means the savegame should be <path of vaultserverd>/saves/Fallout3/default.fos

Please compare what vaultserverd says in the beginning (the version tag) with the tag of the client you are using (header line).

You may also try an early version of gary2:
https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?1114-Nightly-builds

IcyV
08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
That definitely got me past the bugs, thanks a lot.

Now the issue is that the vaultserver won't connect to the master server, and when I select Master Query nothing happens.

If this issue is on the forums I can take a look later, I'm rather busy at the moment.

Thanks again.

Volumed
08-05-2012, 08:27 PM
They are not really bugs.
The hard truth please note: the mod is in early alpha stage. You need a decent level of computer knowledge to install / set it up at the moment. It is not released for production, just for testing by experienced users.

IcyV
08-06-2012, 01:10 AM
They are not really bugs.
The hard truth please note: the mod is in early alpha stage. You need a decent level of computer knowledge to install / set it up at the moment. It is not released for production, just for testing by experienced users.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean bugs. I was rushing out the door at the time I was writing that. Also, I easily have the knowledge to install it, but can't really find any information on some of the issues I'm getting. I usually try not to ask for help or such unless I seriously can't figure it out. I love trying to get things to work and testing out alpha games.

EDIT: Got it working, thanks for the help Recycler, I appreciate it. Can't wait for some friends to get on and test it.