View Full Version : Looking to start- Host - Roleplay community using VaultMP

Stkia
08-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Hey,
quite recently I've completed the majority of missions inside "New Vegas" and decided to take it one step higher.
By searching for a multiplayer mod for New Vegas, prior to searching I found this mod.

It's in beta, I'm aware of that, but the future it holds may be massive.
I've recently unmerged myself from sa-mp, as a coder, therefore allowing my pawno ability to flow easy and hopefully bring some sparks to this small community, as it hopefully grows.

The community I hope to make will be based on "Fallout: New Vegas" Without the single player roaming missions, instead, it will have a Multiplayer Apocalyptic feeling, thereas, everything is impacted on the players.

-Factions, leaders and what not will be liable to their leaders.

It's roleplay, so we'll stick within the roleplaying boundaries.

It's early development, so I'd like to look for a group of stable and mature group of users thriving for the same goal I am.
Some of the intellectual abilities I posses are as such;

-Pawno.
-HTML.
-PHP.
-SS
-Adobe Flash/Adobe Photoshop, editing software, pretty familiar with this.
-SQL
-Java
-VBS

And have edited and made several communities in the past, using the Xenforo board, fully customizable and able to make custom theme and templates and even plugins.

Just looking for a group of capable, mature, users who wish to start this project with me.

We'll be using VaultMP as our base :)

Volumed
08-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Uhm, First: Vaultmp is not in the beta(I hoped it was such a party) but in the Alpha the first alpha 0.1a at 60% to go to 0.2a still alpha.

We have never tested more then 3 people we don't know if VaultMP can support more VaultMP is still not advanced enough for all your good idea's

foxtacles
08-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Uhm, First: Vaultmp is not in the beta(I hoped it was such a party) but in the Alpha the first alpha 0.1a at 60% to go to 0.2a still alpha.

We have never tested more then 3 people we don't know if VaultMP can support more VaultMP is still not advanced enough for all your good idea's

Still it's realistic to start working on a game mode (be it roleplaying, or something else) already. You can do quite some stuff with the scripting interface (although there is a lot more to come).

NeoPhoenix
08-07-2012, 11:23 AM
looks pretty interesting. do you already have an idea how to design that gamemode?

Stkia
08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
looks pretty interesting. do you already have an idea how to design that gamemode?

I have a general idea.
Haven't really got a playerbase up yet for the game, but advertising.

Will start website development tonight or tomorrow, using Xenforo -licensed, a pre-made sql database page for logins etc.., will add the tablets later in the future, just the general designing.

I.E: What level the user is, what skin she/he uses, their factions, their current cap count, included the rare items.
I'm unsure what the future will hold, but I'm pretty sure it's possible to add custom content, skins, clothing etc..

I plan to add a donation page, hopefully in the goal of that above ^^
Here's how it will work.

A user develops and designs some clothing or possibly a model of an object, chair or something.
He simply posts it on our verification page, for the admins/moderators to verify that it's legit.

On the website, there will be a shop system linking to the users account via sql, in order to advertise that product they upload, be it clothing or a model of an object, they will have to pay a certain fee $$.
Now, here's were it gets interesting, those models can then be purchased of the store by anyone and used by anyone for $$.
Instead of the money JUST going to myself + the server, a quantity of it will also go back to the developer, therefore, allowing him and myself to profit from the model/skin he/she developed.

That way, if say their model/skin is amazing, they will receive more then they bargained and receive money back.

^^ That's just an idea in the future, doubt it will come anytime soon, we'll need a big playerbase for that to be present.

I've got £7k in my paypal, (made the majority online), got nothing to spend it on so I hope to buy a dedi server or set one up in my house (make a bit more money) and hopefully host of that.

Currently got 20MB broadband, able to purchase fibre optic, boost it to atleast 60-100MB speed.

Stkia
08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Of course, you guys are the developers of this, so I'll try to include as much credit in your behalf as possible.
You're the one's who could possibly make all of this possible!

CTCCoco
08-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I will start to make a Roleplay gamemode too, I´m just waiting for a chat and something more (0.1a, maybe?).

I´m really excited about this and can´t wait to start.

Stkia
08-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I will start to make a Roleplay gamemode too, I´m just waiting for a chat and something more (0.1a, maybe?).

What do you mean you're waiting for a chat?

Volumed
08-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Gary 2 nightly build does have a GUI all the codes are there.

CTCCoco
08-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Gary 2 nightly build does have a GUI all the codes are there.

Ah, I didn´t notice we already have some GUI released. BTW, I´m waiting for a stable enough version.

Thanks for the information, mate :D

Stkia
08-07-2012, 04:51 PM
These versions are semi stable, well enough to begin making your own scripts.
Just download PAWN IDE and CodeBlocks then begin your ultimate refurbishment.

roby65
08-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi stkia, welcome.

I'm happy for your idea, it may grow in something very big.
I think fallout can be a nice mmorpg or mmofps, but the server needs a good and very big script.
But i think you already know how it could be difficult.
Good luck :-)

Ps: i was a good samp scripter, too ;-)