View Full Version : Don't admit to piracy...

Izanagi
08-20-2011, 03:32 AM
This is a great mod, and it seriously looks like it'll be a success. One thing I would suggest for the admin of this forum is to crack down on mentions of piracy. Last thing you need is a bad rep with major modding sites, gaming magazines, and the developers themselves, because of people talking about piracy in your forum. Letting it go unpunished, intentional or not, makes the mod, and the community around the mod, look like they endorse piracy. If you're going to steal the game, don't go around trying to get support for your ill-gotten software. In addition to being a disgusting display of entitlement, it's harder to provide support for pirated games, and also not smart for the mod devs. (Totally not a morality thing; it's just bad publicity to associate with criminals.)

EDIT by Recycler:
This topic has been locked. Read my post below.

I'm aware of the fact that some of you aren't able to obtain a legal copy of the game due to the circumstances in the countries you live in. However, I would ask you to not talk about piracy / illegal copies in the forums. vaultmp does not officially support pirated copies of the game - so the answer to "is my downloaded copy of X compatible with vaultmp?" is and will always be NO.

This does not stop you from running the mod with such a copy though. vaultmp does not check if you have a legal version (cause I don't feel it's my duty to ensure that), so go ahead and test it. If you can get this certain version to work with vaultmp, don't make a forum post "version X works with vaultmp" and also please don't give a positive reply to people asking the first question I mentioned. You can write them a PM if you want to.

foxtacles
08-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion ;) vaultmp of course does not support piracy in any way, and I'll try to remove posts which mention cracks and similar things in the future.

Aeronix
09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Not only this, I think a person that admits to it, should at least receive a one week ban, as it is a major crime in real life.

Dantiko
09-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I hate piracy, but my country sucks, on every town there is piracy, whenever I look, there is piracy, my brother(25 y.o.) spent some years before with his girlfriend(around 50 y.o.) setting up a store, buying bags and putting stamps of famous marks on it, he stopped later, but piracy don't.I live in Brazil.

CTCCoco
09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
PIRACY, PARACY EVERYWHERE.

Aeronix
09-02-2011, 05:47 PM
PIRACY. PARACY EVERYWHERE.

Low Quality Posting, it's everywhere inside the user CTCCoco

Dantiko
09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
PIRACY. PARACY EVERYWHERE.

Low Quality Posting, it's everywhere inside the user CTCCoco

LoL :-X

foxtacles
09-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm aware of the fact that some of you aren't able to obtain a legal copy of the game due to the circumstances in the countries you live in. However, I would ask you to not talk about piracy / illegal copies in the forums. vaultmp does not officially support pirated copies of the game - so the answer to "is my downloaded copy of X compatible with vaultmp?" is and will always be NO.

This does not stop you from running the mod with such a copy though. vaultmp does not check if you have a legal version (cause I don't feel it's my duty to ensure that), so go ahead and test it. If you can get this certain version to work with vaultmp, don't make a forum post "version X works with vaultmp" and also please don't give a positive reply to people asking the first question I mentioned. You can write them a PM if you want to.

CTCCoco
09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Fallout 3 and new vegas has their own protection, vaultmp is only a mod of this game... they don't have to protect nothing because it's already protected by their creators, and this isn't the job of the people who are developing this awesome mod (Recycler and Houstin, for now).

Dantiko
09-02-2011, 06:15 PM
So, only as a warning, if I were Recycler I would make this topic sticky.

shorun
09-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Not only this, I think a person that admits to it, should at least receive a one week ban, as it is a major crime in real life.

For one, in belgium downloading is NOT a crime, only uploading (you cant distribute without permission, using is another matter)
Secondly, one who actually admits it at least is honest, punish people for being honest and you'll get a fucked up US style system where everyone does it but lies about it.
piracy is not something 3rd parties should worry about, it's not our property so it's not our matter, that's they way they want it, so do it, but dont actively.

Allso, copyright isn't criminal law, sow somebody who copy's something broke intellectual property laws, not criminal laws and is NOT a criminal. a criminal is a person who kills for fun, or money. in most countries you cannot go to jail for this, a fine is usually the worst that can happen. in the US of course anybody who go's against big money is considered a criminal, so there you are screwed (land of the free my a**).

if you copy your game, and it doesnt work right with mods, who cares? buy it properly, then we can give support. THAT is something you can and should consider, dont waste your time on pirates, in either way.

Recylcer, if you remove posts mentioning cracks then you might consider not all cracked games are pirated ones.
my own version is steam installed and purchased, but i cracked it none the less, ever since my internet failed and i noticed you cant play the steam version without active internet connection, i cracked it for that simple reason. i do this with a lot of games, buy them properly, then crack them because of the retarded "copyright security" wich only annoys someone who wants to play it, but doesnt really stop piracy.

And last but not least, if you wanna stop piracy you should add value to the product, give ppl a REASON to buy in stead of copy, punishment is clearly not working out so maybe it's time to change tactics.

Dantiko
09-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Well, Recycler lives in Germany(according to his profile), Aleksander lives in Australia, I live in Brazil, so I guess we don't got too much to worry about, but no piracy, really, shorun, even if its not a crime, it still makes you an a**, people who can't afford it should download it, not people who will sell it later, that is the real crime, selling something that wasn't you that created.But I don't see any problem if you bought it and cracked it later, or couldn't find it and downloaded it, but really, lock this topic before someone says something that shouldn't have been said and gets banned.

Volumed
09-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, Recycler lives in Germany(according to his profile), Aleksander lives in Australia, I live in Brazil, so I guess we don't got too much to worry about, but no piracy, really, shorun, even if its not a crime, it still makes you an a**, people who can't afford it should download it, not people who will sell it later, that is the real crime, selling something that wasn't you that created.But I don't see any problem if you bought it and cracked it later, or couldn't find it and downloaded it, but really, lock this topic before someone says something that shouldn't have been said and gets banned.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me! U MAD NOW?:(

https://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/Forever_Alone.png

If people just don't post about it and no links some forum rules, what is the big deal.

Dantiko
09-02-2011, 09:05 PM
piracy is the rule.

General Alexander
09-03-2011, 05:02 AM
u should create a new faction - pirates , who will be punished by The Enclave.

Lorenc
09-03-2011, 10:08 AM
u should create a new faction - pirates , who will be punished by The Enclave.

You shouldn't go off-topic.

----

I have a purchased version of Fallout but will disagree with this. Most players that play SA-MP cannot retrieve a actual copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas nowadays, they either need to buy it online, which is unlikely they will or pirate it. The thing is that if you pirate a game; you're likey to have some features corrupt. I looked at the differences between non-pirated GTA SA and pirated GTA SA, the difference is that most sounds are gone as well with the car radios.

I agree with disallowing the say of piracy inside the forum though disagree with having a legal copy of fallout to play. More people will play rather than spend money, though yes we do need to be aware of this situation inside here. More players = more stuff we can investigate over the time.

My opinion.

shorun
09-03-2011, 01:20 PM

yes, it makes you an a** if you are able to purchase but chose to pirate, true. not a criminal, just an a**.
and selling it is a illigal, but technicly not a crime. (at least in most of europe that is).

if someone says something that gets them banned, well ye, tough luck. doesnt mean we should lock the topic just because it might happen. that's like europe invading russia because putin might just try something, even tough we cant be sure.
Dont punish the masses for what one a** does, if you do, your an a** yourself.

how should "vaultmp" respond to piracy? if you crack your game that's your call, we support ORIGIONAL PATCHED versions, not illigal cracked ones. if you have a cracked version and issues because of this, tough luck.
basicly vaultmp should not care about the issue, it's not our issue...

In my own situation, a legally purchased key on a cracked .exe, it's my call i cracked it, if i have issues it's my own problem. there is a reason i backed up the origional files, just to be safe. even tough i DID buy my key, considering it's a cracked game any issues related to this crack should *NOT* be supported by vaultmp. we support version X, and it works on that version, if you fail to use that specific version then it's your own problem.

This way, vaultmp does not directly condemn cracking the game, but we do provide a reason to buy it properly, because it only works for sure on a proper version. now we are helping bethesda in their strugle against piracy, because we encourage ppl to use the proper version. give a REASON to people to buy the game, vaultmp might just be one of those reasons.

situation: person with pirate version dl's vaultmp, doesnt work properly but he REALLY wants to play it. odds are that he buys the game properly, knowing that we'll help him set up his game on condition it's a correct version.
If we attack him outright, and condemn him for being an a** then he wont play vaultmp, he wont buy fallout, bethesda doesnt get income, the next fallout is just a tag more unstable due to lack of $$$.
We should encourage ppl to buy the game by offering support on it, and discourage pirated versions by refusing support. this way we have a standard in the client (one version, no exceptions) AND we help bethesda. it's a win-win for all.

Dantiko
09-03-2011, 01:45 PM
How should vaultmp respond to piracy=putting a script on the forum that blocks this word, everytime someone says it a * would appear, better than making threads like this that are obvious.

Aeronix
09-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Great idea, list of keywords that should be sensored etc:

Skidrow, Razor911, Cracked, Illegal Copy, Pirated, Downloaded Copy, RELOADED

Dantiko
09-03-2011, 01:49 PM
U forgot RELOADED, a great pirate indeed.

Aeronix
09-03-2011, 01:50 PM
U forgot RELOADED, a great pirate indeed.

Best not to discuss what I forget, and who these people are.

Dantiko
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
pirate=a**
Not discussing, only warning, but, don't post those names on the forum, best if you would PM Recycler with it, so that he could make it censored.

CTCCoco
09-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Please, close this thread...

Dantiko
09-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Please, close this thread...

+1