View Full Version : Custom Map

James0roll_
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
I would recommend creating a custom map for multiplayer. Whats better then a map that has a few extra buildings? Maybe even add like a shack in the middle of the desert somewhere every little bit you can go in and there might be a enemy who is looking to fight, a normal residence or people who will do side quests. That plus the extra side quests in the game would make the game better.

CTCCoco
08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I would recommend creating a custom map for multiplayer. Whats better then a map that has a few extra buildings? Maybe even add like a shack in the middle of the desert somewhere every little bit you can go in and there might be a enemy who is looking to fight, a normal residence or people who will do side quests. That plus the extra side quests in the game would make the game better.

Yea, a map editor like MTA has will be good.

Aizer
08-21-2011, 04:31 PM

Yea, a map editor like MTA has will be good.

+1 good idea coco

Dantiko
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
So where is gamebryo SDK? For sure this forum will have an area for downloading player maps.

Volumed
08-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Many work but it's worth the work for multiplayer.

Dantiko
08-21-2011, 09:37 PM

What do you mean?

Volumed
08-21-2011, 09:51 PM

What do you mean?

Making a custom map with everything is many work.

James0roll_
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM

What do you mean?

"Much" Work.
And yes it is.
I wouldn't mind doing that work, I have enough time and patients. :3

Aeronix
08-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Recycler said he was going to add a mod system therefore you can map in GECK: https://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/geck.html.
If I'm correct, use that to map your thingies, no need for recycler to design a map editor :P

CouncilOfDave
08-22-2011, 12:36 AM

What do you mean?

"Much" Work.
And yes it is.

lol, I hope you have many sarcasm...

I was going to say, any new locations with Map Markers SHOULD show up on the Pip-Boy world map. So, it shouldn't be too hard. And even vanilla locations that aren't marked on the map can be easily marked by dropping a marker outside and filling in the data.

Or are we talking about making a whole new world?

Aeronix
08-22-2011, 06:32 AM

What do you mean?

"Much" Work.
And yes it is.

lol, I hope you have many sarcasm...

I was going to say, any new locations with Map Markers SHOULD show up on the Pip-Boy world map. So, it shouldn't be too hard. And even vanilla locations that aren't marked on the map can be easily marked by dropping a marker outside and filling in the data.

Or are we talking about making a whole new world?

World can be designed with GECK, as for the map thingy, no that's not possible unless you want to edit every single image of the map, as well as replacing it on other computers.

CTCCoco
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
But... what if you want to move a mapped object and things like that, you can't do that.

I mean, it's possible to do something similar to MTA:SA / SA-MP, you put objects in the world and you can move them, etc?

Lorenc
08-23-2011, 09:49 AM
You can make a script for it though you'd need some timers. And of course, tones of time converting the object's file to convert it into a array.