View Full Version : Question about the saves

dmil
08-20-2012, 06:04 AM
I just set up a server that me and 3 friends play on but when we die/rejoin the server, it sets us back at the exit of the vault. We lose all exp, items, skills, and everything gets reset back to default basically. Is there any way to have our characters be saved on the server or when we log off for the night and log in the next morning we are back at our old place with everything we had before. I think I could be just making a stupid mistake or maybe this isn't implemented yet but any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Edit: Okay so I figured out that when we load our saves we get our stuff but I can never see people but they always see me. I have tried to relog and we have tried to reload our saves and we still can't get it to work.

Volumed
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM
No you can't.

I believe you are using Gary 1 that is a normal thing that you can sometimes not see each other retry.

dmil
08-20-2012, 05:47 PM
No you can't.

I believe you are using Gary 1 that is a normal thing that you can sometimes not see each other retry.

We fixed that but I still can't figure out how to fix the problem so when I sign into the server or any of my friends do we don't start outside the vault, rather than starting where we last left off.

Volumed
08-20-2012, 05:51 PM
We fixed that but I still can't figure out how to fix the problem so when I sign into the server or any of my friends do we don't start outside the vault, rather than starting where we last left off.

You start at the vault again what I said: "No you can't"

dmil
08-20-2012, 06:12 PM
You start at the vault again what I said: "No you can't"

Ahh okay sorry about not seeing that, I wrote it really late after finally getting the server up. Well thanks for all the help and being really active on the forums!

So to my understanding all I have to do is join the server, load my save to get all my stuff, then fast travel to wherever I have to go?

Volumed
08-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Ahh okay sorry about not seeing that, I wrote it really late after finally getting the server up. Well thanks for all the help and being really active on the forums!

So to my understanding all I have to do is join the server, load my save to get all my stuff, then fast travel to wherever I have to go?

VaultMP is only for testing not for playability yet.

dmil
08-20-2012, 06:32 PM
VaultMP is only for testing not for playability yet.

Okay well is there any particular thing you guys could need testing with? I don't know much coding but I would love to help out with this current project because it has so much potential.