View Full Version : Not finding save game

Zeb
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
when i try to start up a server it says it cant find the save i have tried everything.

Volumed
08-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Not everything:

change the line: save=Fallout3/default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")
To:
save=default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")

Created a map named saves put the default.fos in there.

Moopus
08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Not everything:

change the line: save=Fallout3/default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")
To:
save=default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")

Created a map named saves put the default.fos in there.

Although I don't have an issue with this, I just wan't to clarify:

You want the folder architecture like this: C:<Fallout Location>\Vaultserver\Saves\Default.fos ?

Volumed
08-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Although I don't have an issue with this, I just wan't to clarify:

You want the folder architecture like this: C:<Fallout Location>\Vaultserver\Saves\Default.fos ?

No, Vaultserver/windows/saves/default.fos

foxtacles
08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I never understood what's so difficult with that. It's just a relative path. If your vaultserver executable is in X, the savegame path evaluates to X/saves/Y, where Y is what you entered in the configuration.

Zeb
08-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Now it works! but there is a sligth problem me and my friend are totaly bugged and most of the time dont see eachother .

Volumed
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I never understood what's so difficult with that. It's just a relative path. If your vaultserver executable is in X, the savegame path evaluates to X/saves/Y, where Y is what you entered in the configuration.

No me either both ways work for me, but people understand it better like this.

Now it works! but there is a sligth problem me and my friend are totaly bugged and most of the time dont see eachother .

It's a problem with Gary 1 try to reconnect it's fixed in Gary 2. It's also fixed in the nightly build: https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?1114-Nightly-builds

Moopus
08-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Gary 2 doesn't use saves, am I correct?

Xolitude
08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Gary 2 doesn't use saves, am I correct?Yes ;) It's all cells