View Full Version : Fatal Error While Trying To Join Server.

iiSNiPEzZxX
08-29-2012, 02:24 AM
When i try and join my server i get a Fatal Error, the error says "Obtaining of all items of 17113600091709352 for RemoveAlltermsEx failed (Timeout of 5000 reached for future value retrieval)" Any Help Or Suggestions Welcome.

foxtacles
08-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Can you try and change the "inittime" setting in vaultmp.ini to some higher value?

iiSNiPEzZxX
08-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Can you try and change the "inittime" setting in vaultmp.ini to some higher value?

Would 10000 be enough? Or higher?

foxtacles
08-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Just try - it depends on how long it takes for your game to spin up. Change the value and restart the vaultmp client and see if it works.

iiSNiPEzZxX
08-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Just try - it depends on how long it takes for your game to spin up. Change the value and restart the vaultmp client and see if it works.

OK thanks for being so helpful. Ill tell you what value i had to set it to when i get it working.

EDIT:

i had to set the value to 20000 but i have another problem, its just a visual bug but i have the "Please Stand By" thing that shows up when the game starts up across my screen, Also when i go off and go back on i start at the spawn with nothing that i had picked up, is this supposed to happen?

foxtacles
08-29-2012, 02:56 AM
You mean the "Please stand by" in the upper left corner? That's the chat GUI box (which you can resize with num- and num+). Also, if you die or disconnect / reconnect you will start from scratch with no items / skills. You can write a server script which saves your items / stats, though.

iiSNiPEzZxX
08-29-2012, 03:01 AM
You mean the "Please stand by" in the upper left corner? That's the chat GUI box (which you can resize with num- and num+). Also, if you die or disconnect / reconnect you will start from scratch with no items / skills. You can write a server script which saves your items / stats, though.

Oh,i didnt know it was the chatbox as i'm just getting the server right so me and my friend can play. Would the scrpt need to be C or C++?

foxtacles
08-29-2012, 03:12 AM
C, C++ or PAWN.

iiSNiPEzZxX
08-29-2012, 03:22 AM
C, C++ or PAWN.

OK, I'll give it a try and ill release it for other people to use if i do it.

ArathHunter
08-29-2012, 10:02 PM
I seem to get this problem every time I try to join my own server. I've set the inttime up to 100000 and I still get the error.

foxtacles
08-29-2012, 10:47 PM
So that means the game starts with loading the cell, and you get the RemoveAllItemsEx error after that?

ArathHunter
08-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Well how it goes, was that It started the Launcher when I opened the game with VaultMP, the first times I got it I got the error before New Vegas even opened, When I tryed to rush the game to get to main menu before the error, It loaded the game up normally, unlike how it went on earlier builds with FO3, Then I got the error again.

Then I looked up this page, saw what you suggested. Tried it, managed to get into a save before I got the same error again.

After that, I left the server up because I forgot about it, and when I realized it was still up, about several other people tried to join in aswell and kept "leaving" right afterward like it did with me. Maybe it has something to do with how the server was setup? Or maybe New Vegas? I haven't tried with FO3 yet, with hosting or joining one of the others servers. And my Server seemed to be the only New Vegas server up so far.

EDIT: I noticed another NV Server and tried joining that one, It gave me the same result as my own server.

foxtacles
08-30-2012, 01:57 AM
I doubt it has anything to do with the server. I never get any error (on my two machines), so I can't really do anything about it until I can reproduce it.

ArathHunter
08-30-2012, 02:04 AM
So you can host a New Vegas server and join it with no problem? I haven't seen anyone on any of the New Vegas servers so far. But have seen 4 people on one FO3 Server. I do have a question though, When you join a New Vegas server, does your Launcher start up first? Or is that suppose to be skipped? And when the game starts, does it go straight to game? ...this is kinda starting to remind me of earlier builds a bit.

foxtacles
08-30-2012, 02:32 AM
It works exactly the same as with Fallout 3; launcher skipped, boots directly into the world. I've probably been doing thousands of tests, it was never different for me.

If I wasn't the only one working on the mainline issues could be fixed faster. As I can't reproduce, I can only do guesswork.

ArathHunter
08-30-2012, 03:17 AM
Darn, well Fallout 3 works fire (with crashs this way and that) and even had a lil adventure with Johnny in Springvale Elementry. But New Vegas's Launcher always pops up first. I wonder why. You think using the debug client would help catch the cause? Though that seems a bit iffy even to me.

foxtacles
08-30-2012, 03:37 AM
If you just run FalloutNV.exe, does the launcher popup too?

ArathHunter
08-30-2012, 04:04 AM
Seems like it does, It opens through Steam first of course and then starts up the launcher.

iiSNiPEzZxX
08-30-2012, 10:35 PM
I seem to get this problem every time I try to join my own server. I've set the inttime up to 100000 and I still get the error.

Stupid question, does fallout run when you just start it up normally? Because on the San Andreas multiplayer mod you have to of started and played the game for abit before it worked.

EDIT:

Sorry, i didn't see this other page of posts.

gerarddude5100
09-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I am having this same problem where i am getting an error on fallout NV, when I am beginning to join my mates server.

benroyko
09-02-2012, 01:24 AM
I had this problem, got the new version, now im getting an error that says "storage has expired" any idea what i should do?

MollMastah
11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
im actually getting an error withOUT a message, i start up my exe i join my server, but when i join, the menu isnt skipped, i go with it and make a new game, then, wierd thing happens, i get stuck looking at the sky looking back and forth, if there is a solution found on another forum, please direct me to such!

Rabbit161
01-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Please help me! I can not find servers

Airthrust
01-03-2013, 12:29 PM
If you have done all well, you cant find servers because nobody is hosting one the time you tried. Think that vaultmp is still in alpha stage and right now, the best thing to do is put your own server and see what can you do, what cant you... stability, play with the scripts...

StarshipGhost
01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Where are the scripts, do you know?

Airthrust
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
If you see where the Home, Forums, Wiki... buttons, there's Scripting docs button. In that section you will find a lot of functions that you can use to your script (equip a weapon, change name of your server, change your ID player...and more things).

Im not a scripter, so I went to Scripting subforum, and download some of the scripts people has released. Reading the structure I was able to change some things the way I wanted to be, modify and add others.

PD. If you need the ID of characters, weapons, armour, cells... you will find them at fallout.wikia.com/wikia/...

StarshipGhost
01-03-2013, 04:07 PM
thanks bud, appreciate it. I'm using the EX / Easy server script for the moment which has some of those features, I used the console for items. I'll look into forums. I think certain weapons may crash the server or client since they aren't synced. I could be wrong. not sure if there is a list of working ones.

foxtacles
01-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Most weapons should work except for throwables, mines, and some melee ones. If you encounter a problem with any other weapon please report it.

StarshipGhost
01-03-2013, 05:20 PM
I will report any issues I can find my friend.

salvadorc17
05-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Foxtacles i want to continue New Vegas mp support if you want, give me files to server and i will make a try. thx

Volumed
05-29-2013, 02:47 AM
Foxtacles i want to continue New Vegas mp support if you want, give me files to server and i will make a try. thx

You still don't get it... The files are not online anymore! And Foxtacle will not compile the files for you.

Imamonke
07-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Me and my friends want to play together. Whenever we try to connect to eachothers server, they dont pop up on the server listing. We run the master file thing then the servermp and/or the servermpd and it just doesnt work. Are we missing something. We also have port forwarded and have everything set up properly to host server.

Volumed
07-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Me and my friends want to play together. Whenever we try to connect to eachothers server, they dont pop up on the server listing. We run the master file thing then the servermp and/or the servermpd and it just doesnt work. Are we missing something. We also have port forwarded and have everything set up properly to host server.

Can you join the chat for faster support?