View Full Version : Compiling from svn

Houstin
08-24-2011, 03:13 AM
Last time I tried compiling the SVN, I got d3d9 errors.
How would I go about getting D3D9 in Code::Blocks? I have the D3D9 SDK which I use with msvc++.
I'm using Ming compiler that came with codeblocks, is it the one that is normally used to compile this?

Sorry for these noobish questions, I've just never used Code::Blocks.

foxtacles
08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
If you run the default Code::Blocks install, you have to upgrade to the latest version of MinGW (4.5 or higher). To do this, download this package:

https://www.brickster.net/files/vaultmp/MinGWUpgrade4.zip

It consists of other archives, which you need to unpack as well and copy their contents over your MinGW installation (Program Files / CodeBlocks / MinGW) overriding all files. vaultmp should compile then. Code::Blocks also has a template which has basic D3D9 setup (create a new project -> DirectX). However if you prefer to use MSVC to build the GUI you can do this, it should be more or less independent from the rest of the mod (vaultgui.dll) :D

Houstin
08-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Worked fine in Debug build, but for release I get linker errors:
-------------- Build: Release in vaultmp ---------------

Linking executable: vaultmp.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libshlwapi.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libcomctl32.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libwinmm.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libws2_32.a: No such file or directory

Mind uploading these files for me? I googled the errors and found a pastebin of someone else trying to compile Vaultmp and having the same errors I did.

Aeronix
08-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Looks like you are missing some libraries, Recycler might be able link to them.

foxtacles
08-26-2011, 05:09 PM
I changed those paths to their relative -l parameters in the last SVN update, try to compile now. The libraries should come with your MinGW installation (if for some reason you don't have them, I can upload them of course) ;)