View Full Version : Server Crashs when Items are picked up.

ArathHunter
09-08-2012, 08:17 AM
It seems whenever someone picks up a Item that's "not" dropped by a player, it crashs the Server. Maybe you can pick up one or two things before it crashs server.

Dantiko
09-08-2012, 01:22 PM
It's true, I entered a server which was empty and found a fatman laying on the ground, as I picked it up it crashed, on the second time I entered the server and got the fatman, the server didn't crash, I guess it happens only sometimes.

Volumed
09-08-2012, 02:10 PM
True it happens sometimes not all the time.

foxtacles
09-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Static references (the ones not dropped by the player) are not synced yet and it's still experimental.

ArathHunter:

Does it really crash the server or only your client? If it crashes the server, please use the debug version and upload log / RPT files.

ArathHunter
09-14-2012, 01:13 AM
I tried using the Debug server first, It crashed the client but did not crash the server while picking up only 1 can in springs
Then I downloaded a fresh normal server, it lasted a bit longer then the debug, and did not crash the server. It seems like only my Server folder that I've been using and saving over is the one that crashes.

foxtacles
09-14-2012, 01:14 AM
If it crashes the client, which error message pops up?

ArathHunter
09-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Here we go, using the Easy Server setup script, spawning next to items that caused the server crash helped alot in reproduceing it.

https://pastie.org/4717202

What caused the server crash for me was The Laser Pistol (I'm more assuming the ammo next to it) in Super Duper Mart

foxtacles
09-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Thanks. Can you also upload the client log of the session where it crashed?

ArathHunter
09-14-2012, 02:38 AM
I've run into a few problems with reporting this round,

The debug client doesn't seem to destribute any .txt when the client crashes, and I couldn't reproduce the Server crash again.
But I think I found something interesting.

The crashes seem to differ from where you're standing when you pick up the object. I've had the same results standing in the exact spot from where I crashed beforehand, and different ones from standing in a different spot with the same item.

It also seems the crashes could be avoid by just dragging the item away from its spawn point and picking it up then.

foxtacles
09-14-2012, 02:44 AM
The item you pick up, is it a static game item or dropped by another player? If not dropped by a player, can you tell me the location of it?

ArathHunter
09-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Well I've already mentioned it, but I'll try to give a bit more detail, as soon as you go through the front of Super Duper Mart, take a right and over the desk is a table with a Laser Pistol with 2 (20 each I think) Cell ammo for it

foxtacles
09-14-2012, 02:50 AM
OK, thanks

EDIT:

I could reproduce and fix it:
https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?1417-Fix-unknown-object-ID-pickup-c

ArathHunter
09-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Brilliant!