View Full Version : Problem with setting up a Server

Lordbrowser
09-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Okay, first of all: I'm german so sorry if my english is bad.:D
Well, here's my problem:
I want to set up a Fallout NV-Server.
I already configured all the .inis based on the Tutorial of Volumed, but when I start the Server it's a Fallout 3-Server instead of a Fallout NV-Server.
I've changed the "game=fallout3" to "game=newvegas" but the problem just won't go away.
Any Ideas of what I did wrong?

Greetings Lordbrowser

Volumed
09-23-2012, 11:23 AM
My tutorial is outdated, so a lot of steps should not be done anymore.
Did place the server in a separated folder and is the vaultserver.ini still with the vaultserver.exe and all the other folders? Did you save it? ctrl + s.

Lordbrowser
09-23-2012, 12:14 PM
I didn't move them, they are all in the places where they were in the beginning.
I just edited the .inis I needed to and that's it.
Is there a "How to" for setting up a server which isn't outdated?
Sry if there is and I just didn't find it.:p

foxtacles
09-23-2012, 02:27 PM
If you specify "game=newvegas" the server will be a New Vegas server. The .ini should be in the same directory as the executable; optionally, you can use the path to the .ini as first program argument.

Lordbrowser
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Well, I already wrote "game=newvegas" in it, but it doesn't work.
Also the .ini is in the same directory, so I don't really know why it's always a Fallout 3-Server...

foxtacles
09-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Show us the full .ini content. It works for all other people including me, so there's very likely to be an error in your setup.

Lordbrowser
09-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Sooo, somehow I got the Server working now.
Don't really know why it's working now, but well it's certainly better that way. :D
One question though: Is it normal that all containers are empty, and that when I rejoin I get fully reseted?

foxtacles
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Yes, this is normal. However you can write a script which saves your items:

https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=Saving+items+of+players

The next version of vaultmp will re-populate the world with items / items in containers dynamically.

Lordbrowser
09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
That sounds good!
One more question: Can you give me an example of what I need to write into the .ini for it to function properly?
I already wrote the scripts into .cpp-Files but don't really know what to write into the .ini to actually find and load it.

foxtacles
09-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Did you compile the script?

Lordbrowser
09-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes, compiled.

foxtacles
09-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Then you'll need to add the path to the compiled object file (.dll or .so) to the "scripts" line, like

scripts=vaultscript.dll

Pathes given in that scripts line are relative to the root of the vaultserver executable.