View Full Version : Inventory System?

Eyeconic
08-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't know if this is possible, but I think that it would be a good idea to have a different inventory system that doesn't use the pip boy or a pip boy readius.
Has anyone else ever thought about this? because personally, I hate how the pip boy takes up all that space on the left arm.
Anyone thought about this? ???

Aeronix
08-29-2011, 06:35 AM
I don't know if this is possible, but I think that it would be a good idea to have a different inventory system that doesn't use the pip boy or a pip boy readius.
Has anyone else ever thought about this? because personally, I hate how the pip boy takes up all that space on the left arm.
Anyone thought about this? ???

Pipboys fine enough, when GUI is developed, you should be able to maintain your own system of your server.

cerber
08-29-2011, 09:14 AM
I think it is possible change size of pipboy using FOV or something which make them "smaller". But idea about other inventory system is very good, specially for players who play/roleplay as tribal or average wastelander who doesn't have pipboy.

Mazurca
08-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Is true.
I hate the pipboy when you wear an armor or other.
For the inventory system,is ok,really,we ned a system same as fallout 1/2.

Houstin
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I'll see what I can do to simplify this, but doing Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics use images to represent inventory items that shows you the name when you hover your cursor over them. Newer Fallout games, however, have very low resolution images, if any, for the items, and uses a list view instead of a image list. The most you could do without too much work would be something like the barter screen. No pipboy at all would mean no stats, map, and other screens provided unless they were added, too. It's a all-or-nothing situation... Since there are so many possibilities, it'll have to be handled completely by the script. There will most likely be some tutorials and example code for this, eventually.

Izanagi
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Erm, if you use Readius, the Pipboy isn't there...

Eyeconic
08-29-2011, 10:56 PM

I know, but I would like to have a different inventory system than a pip boy or a pipboy readius.

Volumed
08-29-2011, 10:58 PM

I know, but I would like to have a different inventory system than a pip boy or a pipboy readius.

Tell me one reason what is wrong with pipboy readius?

Crawdy
08-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Pip boy redius is a mod, and other play that dont have pipboy redius mod will see you wearing normal Pipboy 3000.

Volumed
08-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Pip boy redius is a mod, and other play that dont have pipboy redius mod will see you wearing normal Pipboy 3000.

I don't think it will be even possibile joining a not mod server, but this not a good reason because changing this will always be a mod.

CouncilOfDave
08-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Tell me one reason what is wrong with pipboy readius?

Nothing is wrong with it.

Nothing is wrong with having a Pip-Boy, either.

But as usual, everyone thinks it's Burger King, and they can have it their way.

If y'all don't like it so much, fix it when you set up your own server, by making some GECK plug-ins, and requiring them for play on your server.

I think they have enough to work on with the mod, that completely re-designing the inventory system is simply, well, a waste of time and effort.

But that's just my opinion, worth exactly what you payed for it.

cerber
08-30-2011, 09:31 AM

About mods, mods should be managed by the server. If I connect to the server with mods, client should automatically download the mods which are on this server, so there won't be situation where do you don't see textures, models, whatever which are not in vanilla game.

Pipboy is not bad, but there is better if we have more choices. But owner of server always decided about mods on server. Default options should be Pipboy and is fine as it is. :P
If you would create the server on which we can choose professions, such as player from vault, wastelander, settler it is good that there were some differences between these professions. Settler rather doesn't have PipBoy, well unless he killed a guy from vault.

Eyeconic
08-30-2011, 01:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with the pip boy readius, I just thought I would suggest something new.

CouncilOfDave
08-30-2011, 06:23 PM
There is nothing wrong with the pip boy readius, I just thought I would suggest something new.

It's important to note the distinction between what will be handled in the development of VaultMP, and what will be handled by plug-ins, and by individual servers.

From what I can tell, they're doing a great job of making this flexible for us.

So things like this won't be handled by development of VaultMP, but rather, US, the players who can run a server at some point.

Which is why it's so cool...

Volumed
08-30-2011, 06:58 PM

It's important to note the distinction between what will be handled in the development of VaultMP, and what will be handled by plug-ins, and by individual servers.

From what I can tell, they're doing a great job of making this flexible for us.

So things like this won't be handled by development of VaultMP, but rather, US, the players who can run a server at some point.

Which is why it's so cool...

Yes indeed many freedom the player is the leader! What many devolvers don't understand they now it but it cost to much.

Hope it will never become like WoW that it's only about leveling.. Ofcourse team deatchmatch free for all no problem.

O yeah and i talk about devolvers who make multiplayer games.
Fallout itself give enough freedom.

Dantiko
08-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, not syncing certain visual mods will be good, and will represent a good solution for those problems.But if you would do an inventory system like on Fallout 1 and 2, you would need to use only the name of the weapons(the green image shown when you open the pip boy will be shown at the side on a mini inventory screen), but it would be a problem when fast equipping stuff or healing.