View Full Version : How many folks use this?

Vandrel
12-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Just happened to be poking around on Google for a old Fallout Tactics mod that allowed multiplayer like this and so happened I found this place. I never heard of this mod before so I'm rather shocked to have found it and see videos of it working so well. My hats off to you for this mod.

I'm a bit curious cause it seems like this site has been around for awhile, just how many people out there are actively playing this? Is there a central server list with player counts?

Really look forward to this mod, I've been waiting for multiplayer in Fallout since the late 90's and more so once FO3 came to light.

Cheers!

foxtacles
12-28-2012, 10:48 AM
It is still in development and rather unstable. That being said, there isn't a large following. Current releases are only for testing purposes.

Actually you can build servers with persistent nature of environment (player data, NPC / item / creature positions) with the most recent release, but I doubt anybody will pick up that potential to soon.

Vandrel
12-28-2012, 04:37 PM
The potential with those capabilities is just endless in my opinion. I'm rather shocked more people havn't jumped over to support this yet.

Creating custom worlds, maybe take advantage of the construction mod and allow people the ability to build their own settlements. Defend, attack, trade, etc.

Vandrel
12-28-2012, 05:13 PM
I made a post on the Bethsoft.com forums to get a little attention for this mod, https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1433694-vaultmp-fallout-multiplayer-mod/

zamp
12-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Actually you can build servers with persistent nature of environment (player data, NPC / item / creature positions) with the most recent release, but I doubt anybody will pick up that potential to soon.

I'm aiming to create a server like that at some point. I'm still too busy with my own game so I haven't started to work on it yet (also I'm waiting for NPCs to get implemented and computers etc.)