View Full Version : some question for the Devs

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
i would like to know some questions on this awesome mod, i havent tried it yet cause the Co-op arent in yet, but we are watching allmost every day for news on vault MP

1. will there be Co-op questing?
2. are there or will there be some kind of party system like Diablo 2 etc.
3. is it PVP or PVE?
4. will we be able to set a "lan" server for just some mates.
5. will we be able so use mods (if we got the same ones)
6. now for the last question is it Vsyncéd?

some quest may be stupid and what not but i would like to know :) im not the best computer geek :)

foxtacles
01-07-2013, 07:48 PM
1. The purpose of vaultmp is to provide tools to build quests. vaultmp won't provide any sort of pre-made (or singleplayer) quests. They need to be scripted by the community.
2. No. You can script party systems.
3. It's what others make of it
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. I don't know what you mean with that

Volumed
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
1. https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=What+vaultmp+is+-+and+what+it+isnt
2. https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=What+vaultmp+is+-+and+what+it+isnt
3. https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=What+vaultmp+is+-+and+what+it+isnt
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Vsyncéd?

Volumed
01-07-2013, 07:53 PM
1. The purpose of vaultmp is to provide tools to build quests. vaultmp won't provide any sort of pre-made (or singleplayer) quests. They need to be scripted by the community.
4. Yes
5. Yes

https://screwcalm.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/angry-you-win-this-time.jpg?w=426

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
4. Yes
5. Yes

the number 6 question arent that big a deal. but i think and dont kill me if i am wrong, but doesnt V sync make your computer and orthers computers so its synchronized and better FPS and all that? :)

but thanks for the answers and fast reply :) Recycler

so in vault MP there arent main quest and all that? its just kill, loot, sell and all that? :)

Volumed
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
the number 6 question arent that big a deal. but i think and dont kill me if i am wrong, but doesnt V sync make your computer and orthers computers so its synchronized and better FPS and all that? :)

but thanks for the answers and fast reply :) (you to Volumed (https://www.vaultmp.com/member.php?266-Volumed)) hehe..

so in vault MP there arent main quest and all that? its just kill, loot, sell and all that? :)

No Vsync have to do with Frames Per Second and how fast your system is it's not important.

"so in vault MP there arent main quest and all that? its just kill, loot, sell and all that?" Please read the answers we give you again because you still don't get it please read the wiki page.

Airthrust
01-07-2013, 08:15 PM
There aren't quest "prebuild", but the wonderful of this, is that you can create the quest that you want (not yet I think but someday).
Maybe in the future some group of people make the work of re-elaborate the quest as they are in the original game, but maybe not.

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
i have been reading wiki a couple of times. but cant find my answers in there exept for the
VaultMP is not:

Co-op, MMO, deathmatch, etc.

there are Co-op in this, but you guys are saying its not?

but thanks anyway no need to reply ^^

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
There aren't quest "prebuild", but the wonderful of this, is that you can create the quest that you want (not yet I think but someday).
Maybe in the future some group of people make the work of re-elaborate the quest as they are in the original game, but maybe not.

THAT would be awesome! :)

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:20 PM
air thrust can u answer me this, is it just kill, loot, sell and all that? if we setup a server we would just run around and smoke some mutants?

Airthrust
01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
What Recycled wants to say (I think) in that statements is that vaultmp is not being created with a concrete purpose (call it MMO, Co-Op or what you want) but a list of huge posibilities that the scripter/owner of the server decides what to do.

PD. Right now this is just a Alpha version, so the posibilities to do ingame are very few. The NPCs dont have AI, in fact the server starts with none npc (you have to script to put them). ¿A server to have a real play? Not yet, but I think is a good time to learn pawn/C++ with calm if in the future you want to host a server.

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:28 PM
What Recycled wants to say (I think) in that statements is that vaultmp is not being created with a concrete purpose (call it MMO, Co-Op or what you want) but a list of huge posibilities that the scripter/owner of the server decides what to do.

okay thanks for some more info i appreciate that. i am going to setup my own "lan" server with a mate tonight i just wanted to get the standard questions, asked.

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:34 PM
PD. Right now this is just a Alpha version, so the posibilities to do ingame are very few. The NPCs dont have AI, in fact the server starts with none npc (you have to script to put them). ¿A server to have a real play? Not yet, but I think is a good time to learn pawn/C++ with calm if in the future you want to host a server.

okay, so if i make a lan server i need to script some NPC in game?. is just a desert with no NPC in it at first?

Volumed
01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Huxflux now you are just spamming post. Stop it.

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Huxflux now you are just spamming post. Stop it.

i am not, its not the same in it? and i havent maked threads only this one? it this how you welcome new members?

the two posts above you are 2 different questions on airthrust post?

Volumed
01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
i am not, its not the same in it? and i havent maked threads only this one? it this how you welcome new members?

the two posts above you are 2 different questions on airthrust post?

There is a edit button.

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
There is a edit button.

i have no intention on answer that question.. just close the damn thread or delete if you are mad on someone?

i will not support this "mod" if the Devs are like you no thank you sir..

Volumed
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
i have no intention on answer that question.. just close the damn thread or delete if you are mad on someone?

i will not support this "mod" if the Devs are like you no thank you sir..

https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/514704.jpg

Huxflux
01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
its girls like you that are killing things.. i can understand why this arent more popular then it is cause girls like you. that are messing with the newcomers. where are your good manners hope you will be kicked of the team..

Bye

foxtacles
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
hope you will be kicked of the team..

He is not in the "team".

Xolitude
01-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Well... That escalated quickly.

ArathHunter
01-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Indeed it did. I don't believe that english is his first language.