View Full Version : Bug Report - Radiation Suit

Silentfood
01-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi.

It seems that when two people are in a server, one is given a radiation suit after two minutes of gameplay and the other aquires crippled limbs. Shortly after (5~ minutes) the person without the radiation suit will end up dead and will be unable to navigate from the spawn after 50ish meters (from the starting vault location to Springvale).

I did not notice this with more than two people as moments ago I was playing fine with around four to five players, after a restart the server would create this issue described with two players.

There are no mods on the clients or server and my server config is pretty default:

# vaultserver configuration file
# www.vaultmp.com (https://www.vaultmp.com)

[general]
game=fallout3 ;can be "fallout3" or "newvegas"
master=vaultmp.com ;master server address, default is: vaultmp.com (can have the format IP:port)
port=5049 ;the port to run the server on, default is: 1770 (UDP for game, TCP for fileserve)
query=1 ;enable direct query, default is: 1
players=4 ;number of player slots, default is: 4
spawn=0x000178B8 ;default spawn cell
fileserve=1 ;allow users to download required files (such as mods) from the server, default is: 0
fileslots=8 ;maximum number of parallel fileserve connnections, default is: 8

[scripts]
;comma seperated list of PAWN / C++ scripts, will be loaded in the given order
;scripts need to be located in the root
scripts=vaultscript.dll

[mods]
;comma seperated list of mod files required to play on this server
;mods need to be located in the folder "mods", which is the games "Data" folder clientside
;mods will be loaded in the given order
;mods=mymod.esp

Note: The spawn cell is tenpenny interior, but I have replicated this issue with the default spawn cell. Not to mention I have tried this without the vaultscript.dll and the same issue comes up.

foxtacles
01-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the detailed report. I've encountered that bug on the christmas server as well. I suspect it is due to the equipment / behavioural AI which kicks in for a short timeframe after a player switches into alerted or sneaking mode.

The radiation suit is actually part of one of the default NPC inventories which are assigned to the players, so it is part of the players initial inventory but the auto-equipment is a bug.

Silentfood
01-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the detailed report. I've encountered that bug on the christmas server as well. I suspect it is due to the equipment / behavioural AI which kicks in for a short timeframe after a player switches into alerted or sneaking mode.

The radiation suit is actually part of one of the default NPC inventories which are assigned to the players, so it is part of the players initial inventory but the auto-equipment is a bug.

Sweet, thanks for the reply :)