View Full Version : Making a Server.

Vault
01-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Hey i got this multiplayer mod. I want to play this with my friend. Can i just port forward so i can make a server.

I know this mod is using port 1660.

I have a question is it TCP or UDP?

foxtacles
01-30-2013, 02:58 AM
The dedicated server, by default, uses 1770 as port (master server is 1660). UDP is required, TCP only for file transfers.

Vault
01-30-2013, 03:02 AM
The dedicated server, by default, uses 1770 as port (master server is 1660). UDP is required, TCP only for file transfers. I didn't download the master server but everytime i start the server it says its on 1660.

foxtacles
01-30-2013, 03:03 AM
It doesn't display the port being used at all. It connects to the master server, which listens on port 1660.

Vault
01-30-2013, 03:06 AM
It doesn't display the port being used at all. It connects to the master server, which listens on port 1660. I see that in my vault config file do i change the "vaultmp.com" under general to my ip.?

foxtacles
01-30-2013, 03:08 AM
You can change it if you want, but it's not required. By leaving vaultmp.com, the server connects to the master server running at vaultmp.com and other users querying vaultmp.com can see your server in the client. If you do not want this, you can either host your own local master server or none at all. In the latter case you would need to manually enter the server IP in the vaultmp.ini file so it displays the server.

Vault
01-30-2013, 03:13 AM
You can change it if you want, but it's not required. By leaving vaultmp.com, the server connects to the master server running at vaultmp.com and other users querying vaultmp.com can see your server in the client. If you do not want this, you can either host your own local master server or none at all. In the latter case you would need to manually enter the server IP in the vaultmp.ini file so it displays the server. Also do i need to port forward for people to join? Or i can just start the server and people can join automatically..? (Sorry for alot of questions)

foxtacles
01-30-2013, 03:14 AM
If you are behind a router / firewall, you likely need to port forward.

Vault
01-30-2013, 03:16 AM
You can change it if you want, but it's not required. By leaving vaultmp.com, the server connects to the master server running at vaultmp.com and other users querying vaultmp.com can see your server in the client. If you do not want this, you can either host your own local master server or none at all. In the latter case you would need to manually enter the server IP in the vaultmp.ini file so it displays the server. Ok i port forwarded 1770 UDP. Then i did not change the vaultmp.com to my ip. I just started the server and my friend is trying to join right now. And thank you for this wonderful mod.

Vault
01-30-2013, 03:24 AM
And i have a other question my friend joined and hes at the main menu it says new, load, and continue which one does he choose.

foxtacles
01-30-2013, 03:26 AM
It should automatically load the game. If it doesn't, then it's a bug. You can try to change the inittime value in the vaultmp.ini