View Full Version : What am I doing worng? Fallout NV

zant91
03-17-2013, 01:26 AM
Hello, I've been trying to solve this problem all day without success, my problem is when I join my own server (localhost) and I leave, my progression and items are lost. These are my steps:

(I own Windows 8 x64, Fallout New Vegas)

1) I download from here (Windows) client and server files: https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=Download+binaries+source
2) I download this script for save my server items and stuff: https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?1393-EX-Easy-server-setup
3) I put the server files and the script files for save my progression in a new folder on my desktop.

4) I edit the vaultserver.ini like this, and I add the scripts=ex.dll:

5) I paste the client files on my Fallout New Vegas installation

6) Now I run vaultmaster.exe, vaultserver.exe (files on step3) and vaultmp.exe

7) When I run vaultmp.exe, I search my local server, join the game, play some time, disconnect (pressing the key ESC), rejoin again and all my work is reseted, WHY? why this plugin doesn't work? what am I doing worng?, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Volumed
03-17-2013, 01:52 AM
First Support / Bug reports are for problems with VaultMP not mod related keep it into the topic from the mod next time.

What happen if you go into the folder files/players is there any data?

Did you try to use the save command?

Test it without local.

And no the plugin works fine.

zant91
03-17-2013, 01:56 AM
Ok sorry, and yes there is zant.dat, everytime before disconnect from my server I type on the chat /save, but when I join again my progress is reseted.

Volumed
03-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Are you sure you use the same name every time you join?

zant91
03-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Yes, I use the same name everytime I join, this picture show the server running, but with some error messages, take a look please:

Oh, when I created the server for the first time, I can play, but when I rejoin a second time, after 5 seconds I get this message and my game crashes:

I have to delete zant.dat in order to play more than 5 seconds....

zant91
03-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I got it working at last, I just set up the server on a VPS running with Windows 2008 and it works, it saves the data.
So I think Windows 8 was the problem.
Anyway my game randomly crash, but at least it works, so thanks for your answers Volumed.