View Full Version : Role playing server

Morin
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Now before I start off, I have seen some topics like these floating around here and there and I am aware the current server built is not stable enough to start off a full scale server yet. However, this does not mean there is no need to start planning and creating what can be done already, right? :cool:

So I've spent the last few years of my gaming time playing Fallout and SA:MP (LS:RP in particular). There has never been a game such as these, which kept me hooked up for the months (years even!) like they did. I litteraly fell in love with the game and modification, even though I am not much of a person who plays a game longer than a week. This role playing genre (either single player or multiplayer) really got me and how awesome would it be to combine the both of them, right!?

The main question I have got here is if there is any interest in such a game mode. Are there any people who'd like to participate in the built of such a huge project. It is hard and takes time to make a gamemode such as this succesfull, and a lot of staff and player dedication. Are there people who are willing to see it through and create the first kind of experience such as this, on this modification?

I myself am not much of a scripter. I have been more of the creative guy, got quite a CV under my belt with both the creative design and audio visual (video) section (which I am slowly developing my career in). I am more of the PR guy than the technician person, but I do have a brain full of ideas. I am currently holding a staff position at LS:RP which counts over thousands of players, still registering every day and a player base of an average 200 to 400 players a day. I'd love to bring that spirit and that kind of role play to Fallout and it's developing multiplayer modification.

So ja, what's the feedback? I am mainly aiming to put this out there, to gather both intel on how many players would be interested as to how many people have experience in such a thing. How many people have that something to spark up a project like this and the like.

Shout it out, I'd love to hear all possible input!

Henrik
05-23-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm already working on a project its soppose to add co op npcs loot back to the game and have quests when synced you can join if you want im always looking for more people!

Morin
05-23-2013, 08:29 PM
As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, I am talking about an actual full scale role playing game mode. This means basicly no quests and no NPC's, more like factions and player to player based interactions. The server provides a script, with which the players can go role play as they find most entertaining for themselfs.

Henrik
05-24-2013, 02:26 PM
I see but that wouldn't really work in the fallout game as far as i know vaultmp would crash constantly even with the up coming releases a 400 player server would be impossible.

Morin
05-30-2013, 11:27 AM
It'd be great to aim for such a big player base, but I never at one point said it'll actually happen. Let alone on this early stage of the serverbuild.

Volumed
05-30-2013, 02:40 PM
I will already be impressed and happy if it can handle only 2 people stable. :-P

PS. Keep in mind that SA did already have multiplayer functionalities at the release of the game, but it was only turned off. Ofcourse the SA:MP team did a lot of work in adding a lot of functions. But I don't agree that you can really compare SA:MP with VaultMP maybe only in the scripting opportunities.

roby65
05-30-2013, 07:31 PM
I will already be impressed and happy if it can handle only 2 people stable. :-P

PS. Keep in mind that SA did already have multiplayer functionalities at the release of the game, but it was only turned off. Ofcourse the SA:MP team did a lot of work in adding a lot of functions. But I don't agree that you can really compare SA:MP with VaultMP maybe only in the scripting opportunities.

Where did you read that SA had mp functionalities already built in it?
I reversed a good part of it, also created a basic MP mod by myself, the big difference is that the scripting in SA is easier and easier to reverse, there are no mp functionalities in it

Volumed
06-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I can't find it but I'm sure that I read somewhere that SA did have additional codes in the game's engine.

Morin
06-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Well as I pointed out, I am not planning on starting up anything stable anytime soon. That's not even possible. I just said it'd be a nice opportunity and was more or less checking if there is any interest in it WHEN the server is stable enough to handle at least the most basic functions needed ;).

Xolitude
06-05-2013, 02:34 AM
I'll join in on creating gamemodes and such later on down the road. Even though my scripting knowledge is pretty basic ._.

roby65
06-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I can't find it but I'm sure that I read somewhere that SA did have additional codes in the game's engine.

Sa is more dynamic, it allows to spawn multiple players and handle them separately with a little coding.
The scripting engine allows to control everything in the game.
I even started my own mp mod some times ago.
Fallout scripting engine is very different, and also sa memory addresses are very documented, fallout's are not.