View Full Version : Few questions!

VBC
06-21-2013, 01:37 AM
First of all: The mod/project is just awesome. I hope it will keep evolving and never, ever stops because is really good. Congrats guys.

Second: i've been playing around with a friend and tried to edit/modify "vaultmpF3.esp" to make some kind of deathmatch and we just couldn't launch the client because of an error. It said the plugin was updated or edited.
Now i want to know how to make it run. AT LEAST, to launch it with a plugin if the main file can't be edited.

Please, any help will be really apreciated.

Volumed
06-21-2013, 03:29 AM
That is not possible.

Just create a separate .esp for it.

ArathHunter
06-21-2013, 04:59 AM
I haven't messed around inside Vaultmp in a long time, but I think if I remember right you could place other .esp's into a Data folder in the server folder and set some where in the server config to load up that .esp along with the server. I had the same idea once but never remembered it while I was home. I'll have to check the server files thing... later.

VBC
06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Okay, thank you both. Yes is just what i wanted, if it possible to load one more plugin, i'll be happy enough.
If i find a way to do this i'll let you know!

Jamy555
06-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Random question, but when you create new spaces in the GECK for intended use with VaultMP, do they have to be navmeshed? I ask since the other players are technically NPC's client-side, so it would make sense if they did, however, at the same time, because they're players, they aren't pathfinding, so it would also make sense if navmeshing was not required. So, do we need it? :P

Volumed
06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Random question, but when you create new spaces in the GECK for intended use with VaultMP, do they have to be navmeshed? I ask since the other players are technically NPC's client-side, so it would make sense if they did, however, at the same time, because they're players, they aren't pathfinding, so it would also make sense if navmeshing was not required. So, do we need it? :P

No you don't, it does not have anything to do with that they are npcs but AI.

Okay, thank you both. Yes is just what i wanted, if it possible to load one more plugin, i'll be happy enough.
If i find a way to do this i'll let you know!

1. Open vaultserver.ini
2. [mods]
;comma seperated list of mod files required to play on this server
;mods need to be located in the folder "mods", which is the games "Data" folder clientside
;mods will be loaded in the given order
;mods=mymod.esp
3. delete this:
;comma seperated list of mod files required to play on this server
;mods need to be located in the folder "mods", which is the games "Data" folder clientside
;mods will be loaded in the given order
;mods=mymod.esp
4. Go to the GECK make something save .esp in DATA
5. Go back to vaultserver.ini
Add line:
[mods]
mods=(here the mod .esp like this name.esp)

Done.

Other people can get your mod when they select your server in the serverlist and click get mod it will download the .esp auto and the other player can join.

VBC
06-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Got it. It runs ok, BUT looks like it have conflict with custom item's IDs.

Made some kind of arena, with outfits for each class. Those oufits change your Skills and SPECIAL. Bad horrible thing is it crashes everytime you pick up, loot a container or anything related to a custom ID. Crashes client and server stops working

Ofcourse you cannot use player.additem x eighter

Volumed
06-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Got it. It runs ok, BUT looks like it have conflict with custom item's IDs.

Made some kind of arena, with outfits for each class. Those oufits change your Skills and SPECIAL. Bad horrible thing is it crashes everytime you pick up, loot a container or anything related to a custom ID. Crashes client and server stops working

Ofcourse you cannot use player.additem x eighter

You can't do anything about it. There is a good reason why all the items and npcs are disabled/deleted in the world space.

VBC
06-22-2013, 03:43 PM
I can imagine there are pretty obvious reasons why.
Anyway! i made it, made my damn arena. Edited one existing terminal adding result scripts to each kind of class. Ten you can teleport to three different visible markers in the arena and make a laugh with your friends.
Tested it and was FUN

Sniper: Combat armor + CA helmet + sniper rifle + .44 magnum + silenced 10mm handgun + rounds + 100 stimpaks
SG soldier: Combat armor + CA helmet + combat shotgun + assault rifle+ 10mm smg + rounds + 100 stimpaks
EW soldier: Combat armor + CA helmet + laser rifle + plasma rifle + rounds + 100 stimpaks
BG ape: Combat armor + CA helmet + minigun + flamer + rounds + 100 stimpaks

VBC
06-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Here are some screenshots. If you want i can share my plugin. Or even better, we can play all together and have some fun ;)

Cheers!