View Full Version : Fallout NV download for vaultmp is longer on the site

Juicymarmalade
07-13-2013, 02:22 AM
On the download page on this website only Fallout 3 is there, where as in the guide videos from just a few months ago New Vegas is on the download page. Is it under maintenance or what?

Volumed
07-13-2013, 01:27 PM
On the download page on this website only Fallout 3 is there, where as in the guide videos from just a few months ago New Vegas is on the download page. Is it under maintenance or what?

Read the news next time...
https://www.vaultmp.com/content.php?152-Discontinuation-of-Fallout-New-Vegas-support

chris6273
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Read the news next time...
https://www.vaultmp.com/content.php?152-Discontinuation-of-Fallout-New-Vegas-support

Maybe you should read your site banner next time...

The Fallout New Vegas logo is still on your banner so is very misleading.

Xolitude
07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Maybe you should read your site banner next time...

The Fallout New Vegas logo is still on your banner so is very misleading.

Not really.... Reading the news is the first thing one does instead of rushing straight to the downloads, in which you probably don't even know how to run a server.

NeoPhoenix
07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
well since fallout new vegas in explicitly mentioned in the header it is quite confusing :)

Volumed
07-29-2013, 09:42 PM
well since fallout new vegas in explicitly mentioned in the header it is quite confusing :)

Give me a good screenshot NeoPhoenix, and it have to be good! And I will do the rest.

chris6273
07-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Not really.... Reading the news is the first thing one does instead of rushing straight to the downloads, in which you probably don't even know how to run a server.

Yes really. I'm evidently not the only one to have been misleaded...

Funnily enough I got a NV server up and running before even attempting to set up the client last night.

And also there is still a distribution of the old Fallout New Vegas Vault MP client & server actually hosted on the same server as the normal downloads.

Funny no one has pointed that out... Not even any of the 'Senior' members.

As for the banner:

Not sure if you can see it, the forum software has scaled it down somewhat. You can clearly see the Fallout New Vegas logo ordered before Fallout 3 on the banner. The fact it is on there to me at least, indicates you still support it.

You only have to scroll up to the top of your screen, or just hit your 'Home' button.

Volumed
07-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Yes really. I'm evidently not the only one to have been misleaded...

Funnily enough I got a NV server up and running before even attempting to set up the client last night.

And also there is still a distribution of the old Fallout New Vegas Vault MP client & server actually hosted on the same server as the normal downloads.

Funny no one has pointed that out... Not even any of the 'Senior' members.

As for the banner:

Not sure if you can see it, the forum software has scaled it down somewhat. You can clearly see the Fallout New Vegas logo ordered before Fallout 3 on the banner. The fact it is on there to me at least, indicates you still support it.

You only have to scroll up to the top of your screen, or just hit your 'Home' button.

Hooo, do you really want to make a problem out of this?

Yes so even if there is still a version online, why should VaultMP care "New vegas is not supported anymore" host a server do what you like with it. I only know that there is no version for Gary 2 online anymore so you can only have a really old buggy version that doesn't have any functions.

VaultMP is in the alpha stage we can't give a shit ass about the banner it's not of important.
"Please note: the mod is in early alpha stage. You need a decent level of computer knowledge to install / set it up at the moment. It is not released for production, just for testing by experienced users."

chris6273
07-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Hooo, do you really want to make a problem out of this?

If you want to think of it as a problem, go ahead!

All someone had to say is that it's not supported anymore, and there is an old version on the file host. That's around 14 words depending on how you word it; It's not rocket science is it?

Yes so even if there is still a version online, why should VaultMP care

Because you have the big fat Fallout New Vegas logo at the top of the website? If you didn't care about supporting it, usually the average person with some sense would remove it.

VaultMP is in the alpha stage we can't give a shit ass about the banner it's not of important.

Then why sound arrogant and surprised when people query the mod supporting Fallout New Vegas? It's not in the news at the top of the page anyway, you have to scroll down to see it depending on your screen size.

If it's at the top of the bloody page then of course people are going to be asking after it, whether you give a "shit ass" about the banner or not. Assuming it was done correctly and a source file was made, it is a 5 minute job to remove the NV logo.

If I want to read news, I always read the latest news; not news that was posted over 4 months ago.

foxtacles
07-30-2013, 02:34 AM
I would have removed the Fallout: New Vegas if I had the source file of the image, which I have not, and nobody has given it to me yet. That's why it's still there. I agree it is misleading, but I prefer actually developing the mod rather than wasting my time keeping after the image source file.

Volumed
07-30-2013, 04:20 AM
I do not agree with you can you not understand: "It is not released for production" "just for testing".
And yes Chris you're the first one starting about it.

But here, I'm the only one with the source:

https://imageshack.us/a/img14/183/9sjg.jpg

I never said there are not. But they are really OLD from 2011. Please learn to read! I know you got problems with it you have already showed that.

Xolitude
07-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Chris, you need to calm down. Kthanks, I'm done here.

coocookaboom
08-04-2013, 09:14 AM
these were posted july. now its august and i can see both the logos are gone. but what i dont quite understand is why doesnt fallout new vegas come first?(seeing how it is the newer release. and the ability to use the iron sights and the new "reputation" system. would make for a much better multiplayer experience.) i dont know about everyone else. but you should seriously consider putting up a vote option on the home page of the site. so people can vote on which they'd rather have focused on. "fallout 3. or fallout NV"

Volumed
08-04-2013, 11:35 AM
these were posted july. now its august and i can see both the logos are gone. but what i dont quite understand is why doesnt fallout new vegas come first?(seeing how it is the newer release. and the ability to use the iron sights and the new "reputation" system. would make for a much better multiplayer experience.) i dont know about everyone else. but you should seriously consider putting up a vote option on the home page of the site. so people can vote on which they'd rather have focused on. "fallout 3. or fallout NV"

Because, you're to lazy to read the first post from this topic.

There's mainly three reasons why I chose Fallout 3:

1) vaultmp originally started as a Fallout 3 mod (New Vegas wasn't even released at that point)
2) Fallout 3 is known to work better with vaultmp. This is probably because I did all of my development in Fallout 3, then just wrote ports for New Vegas without a lot of testing
3) I personally like Fallout 3 more than New Vegas

Fallout: New Vegas is an awesome game just as Fallout 3. I know it is even more "Fallout" (closer to Fallout 1 and Fallout 2) than Fallout 3 is, but for the reasons above I chose Fallout 3 for further development.

If anyone wants to continue work on New Vegas support there is nothing which would prevent that. In fact, it would be appreciated.