View Full Version : What are your future plans for VaultMP

Aeronix
09-04-2011, 03:28 PM
So, what do you guys plan to make when VaultMP is officially out?
Here is my idea.

I plan to make an oblivion assassination server where you represent the Dark brotherhood and kill random targets given by the nightmother. On the other side, you can become a guard, mage of a city sort of roleplayish.

Post yours :p

Izanagi
09-04-2011, 03:31 PM
I'll probably run a small server for some friends, and we'll form a gang of raiders or something. Nothing big. (I prefer simplicity)

Volumed
09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
A BoS server in a custom capital wastland map.

SynHD
09-04-2011, 05:49 PM
A BoS server in a custom capital wastland map.
Custom Built Cities For FoA Server

Crawdy
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Making Operation Street Sweeper for Enclave mission :P

cerber
09-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Maybe pvp server (Enclave vs BoS etc).

Or hardcore server, pve server. Right now, I don't know what I will do.

Volumed
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Maybe pvp server (Enclave vs BoS etc).

Or hardcore server, pve server. Right now, I don't know what I will do.

We have to think about a battle server together in the futher. ;)

But i got a other idea

Still a BoS server in a custom capital wastland map.

But there is no leveling i think to let it work like this, if you join the server for the first time you start in megaton with the class wastlander only a knife and a m10. Where you spawn is a underground room under megaton very big with merchants there are also some terminals if you open the terminal there are many classes like.

Lvl 1. Melee
Lvl 1. Gun
Lvl 1. heavy
And more... And then you got
Lvl 2. Melee
Lvl 2. Small Guns
Lvl 2. heavy
And more...

And every class is stronger in level, to get to a class it will cost you caps so every level up cost more caps.

Why?: Because i don't want a kill everyone server it will also not be possible to kill other players or citzins you can only kill people when they are in hostile factions.

It will be a BoS server so there are no outcasts and enclave the outcast base will be a seconde BoS base and the enclave base is destroyed.

The other factions are still there every faction got a base with a terminal and special classes for that faction. Like the raiders will have like this Raider lvl. 1 Small Guns, a special thing by joining a faction is you get free gear and some weapons and that gets better in level and you will spawn in your factions base. Ofcourse a bad thing is you can get shot, but it's not that if you are a raider that you got raider above your name so you can wear normal clothes and nobody now you are a raider only by name maby.

Now about the bases every base will need a leader only a leader got a key only the leader can give somebody else a key from there faction base so that bases are a safe places for a faction and this is also for spawn killing.

The BoS faction will work with pages to go classes level up. Only a leader can give you a page to go to a higher level. W
hy is this not for other faction? Because other faction leaders can cheat and i am the server owner so i now from myself that i will not cheat and the generals and elders also not.

What do you people think?

Mazurca
09-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I will join your server guys because i am a sheep with these things(create new servers).

savino1234
09-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah good ideas. But I was hoping there could be one 'mega' server lol with all factions interacting in it. Guess that would come way down the line tho.

Volumed
09-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah good ideas. But I was hoping there could be one 'mega' server lol with all factions interacting in it. Guess that would come way down the line tho.

You pay?:D

Z0mbin3
09-05-2011, 12:59 AM
I would love to see a FalloutRP

Volumed
09-05-2011, 01:02 AM

That was the thing i forget.. And my server is going to be a role play server.

Lokies
09-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Volumed, your server idea is amazing.. I would actually just live in the city and watch the battle go on :D Id like to suggest one thing tho I don't Know if you planned this or not but if you are going to make a map, add tons of towns, beds, houses, Open world possibly? Close range battles like in the city are alot of fun, one guy who's a master with a sniper rifle picking people off from 2 miles away (well that's fun too but not when it keeps happening) Can get really boring and annoying, Faction Keys Almost forgot, Just some suggestions <3 :D

Ps: Id be that guy.

Volumed
09-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Volumed, your server idea is amazing.. I would actually just live in the city and watch the battle go on :D Id like to suggest one thing tho I don't Know if you planned this or not but if you are going to make a map, add tons of towns, beds, houses, Open world possibly? Close range battles like in the city are alot of fun, one guy who's a master with a sniper rifle picking people off from 2 miles away (well that's fun too but not when it keeps happening) Can get really boring and annoying, Faction Keys Almost forgot, Just some suggestions <3 :D

Ps: Id be that guy.

No not that many i want to keep the wastland feeling, but it's still about how many slots servers are going to get.
Not in the city of megaton to keep the new players safe. Snipers yes that is a problem.. Think that can be only fixed by making the sniper less stong and accuracy. Ofcourse with the factions keys there are more leaders.. But it's also for that not everyone are going to join the raiders and going to robe every hard working players.

Lokies
09-06-2011, 04:01 AM
"No not that many i want to keep the wastland feeling, but it's still about how many slots servers are going to get.
Not in the city of megaton to keep the new players safe. Snipers yes that is a problem.. Think that can be only fixed by making the sniper less stong and accuracy. Ofcourse with the factions keys there are more leaders.. But it's also for that not everyone are going to join the raiders and going to robe every hard working players."

Okay well this Prevails a problem, How actually will players rob other players? Will there be some sort of Pickpocketing system as in the real game Or will that be takin out due to complications, And the way you put it, Alot of people will being a raider would be extremely fun Running around murdering anyone you dont like, I mean The BOS would step in and help Because In Fo3 the brotherhood is there to help, Even tho you cant go in the citadel (I cried, Not really) And on that will the entire citadel be open? like the roof because currently If you look up you can see watch towers but in the game there is no one to get there Maybe a ladder? I wouldnt know because i dont plan on starting a server, Some questions to think about, And How will players get supplies? Maybe other players could get pack Bramen And run there own caravan system, Selling items they find

Volumed
09-06-2011, 07:07 AM
"No not that many i want to keep the wastland feeling, but it's still about how many slots servers are going to get.
Not in the city of megaton to keep the new players safe. Snipers yes that is a problem.. Think that can be only fixed by making the sniper less stong and accuracy. Ofcourse with the factions keys there are more leaders.. But it's also for that not everyone are going to join the raiders and going to robe every hard working players."

Okay well this Prevails a problem, How actually will players rob other players? Will there be some sort of Pickpocketing system as in the real game Or will that be takin out due to complications, And the way you put it, Alot of people will being a raider would be extremely fun Running around murdering anyone you dont like, I mean The BOS would step in and help Because In Fo3 the brotherhood is there to help, Even tho you cant go in the citadel (I cried, Not really) And on that will the entire citadel be open? like the roof because currently If you look up you can see watch towers but in the game there is no one to get there Maybe a ladder? I wouldnt know because i dont plan on starting a server, Some questions to think about, And How will players get supplies? Maybe other players could get pack Bramen And run there own caravan system, Selling items they find

Yes because it's roleplay no nobody can walk in the citedal withhout the key only leader can give one.

Lokies
09-06-2011, 07:38 AM

Yes because it's roleplay no nobody can walk in the citedal withhout the key only leader can give one.

Well yes i realize that, The one thing i would really like to see in a mod is a portable house, Maybe like a makeshift shack I dont know if thats possible but it sure would be cool, Players could build there own houses, I mean im sure someone will make it but hey Just getting people on the band wagon, And For the citadel part, How would you copy the keys? A random key copyier?

ArathHunter
09-06-2011, 10:41 AM
What I'd like to see is a Mega Non-serious Role Play server. Sorta like Fonline. Safety and all that is awesome. But I want the player (or Merc/NPC guards or somthing) To help with that safety instead of script forced. Which also Could lead to town control. Course have places that couldent be town control. Like Rivet City. The Citidel, Raven Rock, Underworld, and such. Anything without enough proper guards Could be controlled and have placed Guards. Building and Crafting too. Though needing recipes/Blueprints through certain means. Like crafting New Enclave armor and Brotherhood armor Through a NPC of their faction. And instead of building like what RTS mod does, Giving you a interior cell, You'd have to craft walls and a cieling (and Hopefully a floor) yourself. Which could also mean that this could be blown up aswell (destructables help stop people spam building things making it unplayable). Which would be awesome if a faction thats not a major group could make a small Town or Base for themselves and set up guards and such. Also No leveling would be great. To train our skills we'd need to keep practicing, which would of course get ALOT longer the further down it was trained. Perks... I suppose you could have a max of maybe 3 points? 1 points would be what lv 1-9 perks. 2 point perks would be 10-19 and 3 point perks would be lv20-30? And to learn them they'd need to find the perk's respective NPC trainers? Or maybe even books! That'd make it more interesting. And Crafting would be set as I Believe a repair+science skill. And make it semi expensive to get the materials to craft+blueprints. Or some kind of hard bit so that everyone can't just craft there way up, Shop Keepers gotta fit in some place around here don't they? Also, Crafters with some lock picking skill would be able to craft locks for doors and/ containers and the level of lock made could be picked depending on the maker's skill in lockpicking. Course being 0-24 Very Easy lock, 25-49 Easy Lock, 50-74 Average Lock. 75-99 Hard Lock, 100 Very Hard Lock. And the keys to these locks would be added to the key makers inventory, ready for the new owner that the lock was made for.

and I had so many more ideas for this awesome server, but I can't even remember now!

*sigh* tobad I'm no good with mods or scripting... Though one can dream right?

Volumed
09-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Well yes i realize that, The one thing i would really like to see in a mod is a portable house, Maybe like a makeshift shack I dont know if thats possible but it sure would be cool, Players could build there own houses, I mean im sure someone will make it but hey Just getting people on the band wagon, And For the citadel part, How would you copy the keys? A random key copyier?

Sorry i meant leaders (s), That is really if the server will lag from it.. It's a good idea it's serieus role play so if somebody put a house at a strange place that adminds change that many adminds will be needed..

The leaders will get a special tool in the inventory and if they click for key he/she will get that key i also hope for options to kick members like that.

Adrian
09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
If u guys are going to create that "mega" server dont worry about pay the host, if its serious I can host it for free.

Volumed
09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
If u guys are going to create that "mega" server dont worry about pay the host, if its serious I can host it for free.

I can rent my own server think that is faster then your free home server. But tnx you.

Adrian
09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Free home server... hahaha
Ok, then read this:

94.23.18.16 IP address location & more:
IP address [?]: 94.23.18.16
IP country code: FR
IP address country: ip address flagFrance
IP address state: n/a
IP address city: n/a
IP address latitude: 46.0000
IP address longitude: 2.0000
ISP of this IP [?]: Ovh Systems
Organization: OVH SAS
Host of this IP: [?]: ks366610.kimsufi.com

So home server ahhh... next time you know what to do, this :|

Volumed
09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Free home server... hahaha
Ok, then read this:

94.23.18.16 IP address location & more:
IP address [?]: 94.23.18.16
IP country code: FR
IP address country: ip address flagFrance
IP address state: n/a
IP address city: n/a
IP address latitude: 46.0000
IP address longitude: 2.0000
ISP of this IP [?]: Ovh Systems
Organization: OVH SAS
Host of this IP: [?]: ks366610.kimsufi.com

So home server ahhh... next time you know what to do, this :|

Let me guess, you don't pay for the server it's from your brother/father?

Because you react so childish.

But a very nice server you got there but i go for linux..

Lokies
09-06-2011, 03:30 PM

That would be cool Especially Everyone actually played on it, I mean having just a brotherhood of steel server would kinda suck, Because you have no-one to fight but if you bring A whole other team into it then you could actually have Faction battles

Volumed
09-06-2011, 03:40 PM

That would be cool Especially Everyone actually played on it, I mean having just a brotherhood of steel server would kinda suck, Because you have no-one to fight but if you bring A whole other team into it then you could actually have Faction battles

No there will be still other factions like:Talon Company mercenaries, Brotherhood Outcasts, Vault Dwellers, Raiders, Reilly's Rangers, Wastelanders(start faction), Slavers, Abolitionists, Underworld ghouls, Chinese remnant Army, The Family and The Regulators

So enough to fight, if it's possible i will make the super mutants also a faction but how that is going to work i don't now yet..
Ofcourse mega/battle servers are a idea maby some hosts can work something out about money..

Adrian
09-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Volumed, thaths how u react at someone who give a free server for all?
Maybe It should be for all except u I see

Volumed
09-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Volumed, thaths how u react at someone who give a free server for all?
Maybe It should be for all except u I see

"But tnx you"
Did you see that one?

But i got a question how many slots do you want to give to people who ask for a free server?

ArathHunter
09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
A free server would be great for all if it could really hold up quite a bit of people, Though of course what would attract the certain people would be what would be on the server. which what would be exactly...?

Adrian
09-07-2011, 04:44 AM
At the moment the server have 20 slots (94.23.18.16) because I dont know how much slots the community wants, I can expand it

Lokies
09-07-2011, 05:14 AM
We want more slots! xD

savino1234
09-07-2011, 05:27 AM
We want more slots! xD

[size=36pt]MOARR SLOTS!!!! OM NOM NOM ;) :'(

Lokies
09-07-2011, 05:33 AM
We want more slots! xD

[size=36pt]GIVE ME MA SLOTS :P ;) :'(

Volumed
09-07-2011, 04:15 PM
So lets say you give 40 slots to 4 servers = 160 slots in one server i don't now what you got i think the cheapest one.

First you never got not enough memmory for so many loads the game is made out of squares and they are really big.

And i think it will ask for to many bandwith.

Adrian
09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Volumed, I only say 16 GB Ram and 100 Mbps connection :)

Why more slots if the server is empty at the moment? XD

Volumed
09-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Volumed, I only say 16 GB Ram and 100 Mbps connection :)

Why more slots if the server is empty at the moment? XD

No no, we talk here in this topic about the "Future" and when the 4 servers are full do you think your server gpu can run that?

Lokies
09-07-2011, 11:52 PM
I think we need a 160 slot server where all factions interact, BoS, Enclave, Possibly: Ghouls, And super mutants Is a 160 slot server possibly Well I dont think its not

Adrian
09-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Volumed, 4 servers with 160 slots isnt a problem, CPU is Quad Core Xeon

Calculating with the CPU, Internet Connection and RAM I can afford at least 6 servers with 200 slots.

And this only in one machine, I didnt say I have only one, I have a rack, maybe u know what is it

Lokies
09-08-2011, 03:41 AM
one server 160 slots

Lorenc
09-08-2011, 09:23 AM

It's coming your way!

Crawdy
09-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Maybe imma go capture Deathclaw with ma Enclave partner so we can ride Deathclaw as horse! xD

Adrian
09-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Server upgraded to 100 slots... ::)

Lokies
09-09-2011, 05:10 AM
Are you serious, you really upgraded your server slots to 100? DAMN Bro I need the link to your Server hosting Website If it can actually support 100 People

cerber
09-09-2011, 06:51 AM
100 people and everyone use fatman... Holy shit!

Lokies
09-09-2011, 08:18 AM
If i had a server hell no, that is the first thing i would plan on getting rid of I dont need people crashing my server due to the MIRV going off.