View Full Version : Mods/Servers instead of 'Factions' subforum?

Genocyber
09-08-2011, 01:46 PM
After reading the Factions subforum, it came to my attention that it would probably be more beneficial to create a Mods/Servers subforum instead. With each Mod/Server out there, the Rules, Factions and Gameplay changes will be drasticially different, so having a bunch of users own personal version of BoS, Enclave etc wont really be relative to the different Rules, Factions and Gameplay changes contained in the various Mods/Servers upon beta release nor in planned mods or mods already in developement.

Possibly let users post their own Mods/Server topic's after moderators have verified them? Would suggest not allowing 'planned Mods/Servers' or 'this is my idea for a Mod/Server' type posts in the Mods/Servers subforum after beta release - but running up to, would be fine? After beta release, to qualify for having your Mod/Server in that subforum, It should either be in beta stage or fully compleated then verified by a moderator? Then you could have another subforum for 'planned' or 'work in progress Mods/Servers' and move all non-compleated Mods/Servers posts from the main subforum to the work in progress subforum after beta release - thus keeping things streamlined and easily defined for new users.

Im gusing many users are somewhat confused as to what vault mp is (I say this due to what im seeing in this 'factions' subforum). Its a client, sure Recycler may host several vanilla servers, but the real potential of VaultMP lies in the possible mods other modders host on their own servers, public or private. So unless your an experienced modder and plan to turn your 'faction' into a mod hosted on your own server these 'factions' have no real foundation in reality and will just confuse new users and guests.

Volumed
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
After reading the Factions subforum, it came to my attention that it would probably be more beneficial to create a Mods/Servers subforum instead. With each Mod/Server out there, the Rules, Factions and Gameplay changes will be drasticially different, so having a bunch of users own personal version of BoS, Enclave etc wont really be relative to the different Rules, Factions and Gameplay changes contained in the various Mods/Servers upon beta release nor in planned mods or mods already in developement.

Possibley let users post their own Mods/Server topic's after moderators have verified them? Would suggest not allowing 'planned Mods/Servers' or 'this is my idea for a Mod/Server' type posts in the Mods/Servers subforum after beta release - but running up to, would be fine? After beta release, to qualify for having your Mod/Server in that subforum, It should either be in beta stage or fully compleated then verified by a moderator? Then you could have another subforum for 'planned' or 'work in progress Mods/Servers' and move all non-compleated Mods/Servers posts from the main subforum to the work in progress subforum after beta release - thus keeping things streamlined and easily defined for new users.

Im gusing many users are somewhat confused as to what vault mp is. Its a client, sure Recycler may create a few vanilla servers, but the steak and potatoes of this mod will be the mods other modders intergrate into it on their own servers, public or private. Recyclers opened the door to another dimension with skill and finesse, its up to the talented modders out there to step through it by intergrating their our own mods/server.

You are right it is a good idea and it was what Izanagi tried to tell but not with the right words, but what it's.. Nothing is for sure like the servers that may come and i do not think the community is big enough for this idea yet. I think there are no special mods in developement yet i think people(like me) want to see more first.

The thing what i try to tell to many people is: It "CAN" take years when this project is done, it is very important to keep the community alive you can say what you want but i think it give a devolver a strong feeling, oblivion online died with one of the reasons that the community was not alive anymore there was just nothing to tell anymore, so why will the devolver continue when nobody cares anymore ofcourse many people cared but nobody to tell it.

There is just nothing to see yet.. So i do not think this is very importent right now. You are gusing but everyone nows it.

I hope for servers who are going to work together with clans maby so some main factions to start that idea now is not a bad thing.

Srry for my bad english, but i hope you understand what i try to say.

Genocyber
09-09-2011, 04:00 AM
You are right it is a good idea and it was what Izanagi tried to tell but not with the right words, but what it's.. Nothing is for sure like the servers that may come and i do not think the community is big enough for this idea yet. I think there are no special mods in developement yet i think people(like me) want to see more first.

Not really sure what your trying to say here. There are loads of mods in developement with the potentional to be intergrated into VaultMP, just look at newvegasnexus.com, fallout3nexus.com or vgunetwork.com. Same with places like moddb.com where my mods hosted. For example, in our teams mod, The Journeyman Project, we plan to intergrate it into vaultmp after we release our beta. We already have people looking into the source on code.google - the wheels are already turning. Ive spoken to a few other modders already about vaultmp and they have said the same thing, that they are very much looking forward to intergrating their mods into vault mp.

The thing what i try to tell to many people is: It "CAN" take years when this project is done, it is very important to keep the community alive you can say what you want but i think it give a devolver a strong feeling, oblivion online died with one of the reasons that the community was not alive anymore there was just nothing to tell anymore, so why will the devolver continue when nobody cares anymore ofcourse many people cared but nobody to tell it.

Theres probably several factors behind the demise of Oblivion Online. Recycler isnt the Oblivion Online team, in a mere fraction of the time Oblivion online has been around, Recycler has blasted past them, in what can only be described as god like. So saying 'these types of things take years' after seeing evidence to the contrary i.e. what recyclers already made and the time frame in which it was made incomparison to Oblivion Online's team, one would have to conclude that you are infact wrong in your sweeping statement. A couple of years? More like months, if the devtracker is anything to go by.

Your also missing the point of my post and starting to go off topic. I kinda see what you saying, in a sense, but Recyclers come to far to just let it die, in my eyes anyways. Theres already a massive buzz on the internet regarding VaultMP, and from here it can only get better, so try to think more positively. This is gonna be BIG and the forums should be prepaired for it.

There is just nothing to see yet.. So i do not think this is very importent right now. You are gusing but everyone nows it.

I hope for servers who are going to work together with clans maby so some main factions to start that idea now is not a bad thing.

Srry for my bad english, but i hope you understand what i try to say.

Theres nothing to see yet? Seariously?

- Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
- Young man, how is it that you do not?

Ive also been reading alotta your posts dude and get this distinct vibe that you regard yourself as a sort of self proclaimed moderator/boss-man. Most of your posts make close to no sense, theres no real value/information in any of them, other then your unfounded opinions and sweeping statements. I would ask you in the future to refraim from posting in my topics if you cant address this problem.

Lorenc
09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Agreeing with this, I've wrote about 2 topics regarding to this as well.

Perhaps a games section consisting of all the games compatible inside the modification

Volumed
09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Not really sure what your trying to say here. There are loads of mods in developement with the potentional to be intergrated into VaultMP, just look at newvegasnexus.com, fallout3nexus.com or vgunetwork.com. Same with places like moddb.com where my mods hosted. For example, in our teams mod, The Journeyman Project, we plan to intergrate it into vaultmp after we release our beta. We already have people looking into the source on code.google - the wheels are already turning. Ive spoken to a few other modders already about vaultmp and they have said the same thing, that they are very much looking forward to intergrating their mods into vault mp.

What i try to say is, the community is to small for this idea, everyone can say i will make a server! But will it really happen so you get child boards in our mods/servers sub forum who are all empty... I meant "special" mods for this project script mods like my idea what you sure have not read because you only see the bad thing in people.

Theres probably several factors behind the demise of Oblivion Online. Recycler isnt the Oblivion Online team, in a mere fraction of the time Oblivion online has been around, Recycler has blasted past them, in what can only be described as god like. So saying 'these types of things take years' after seeing evidence to the contrary i.e. what recyclers already made and the time frame in which it was made incomparison to Oblivion Online's team, one would have to conclude that you are infact wrong in your sweeping statement. A couple of years? More like months, if the devtracker is anything to go by.

I sad: "One of the reasons" ok.. More like months? you are clairvoyant?

Your also missing the point of my post and starting to go off topic. I kinda see what you saying, in a sense, but Recyclers come to far to just let it die, in my eyes anyways. Theres already a massive buzz on the internet regarding VaultMP, and from here it can only get better, so try to think more positively. This is gonna be BIG and the forums should be prepaired for it.

Come to far? The only special thing is the buggy animation i am only honest so don't blame me for that like many people do here! No i help with a faction i try to help people and make conversations if i was not positively why will i follow this!
I only hope for the best!

- Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
- Young man, how is it that you do not?[/i]

Ive also been reading alotta your posts dude and get this distinct vibe that you regard yourself as a sort of self proclaimed moderator/boss-man. Most of your posts make close to no sense, theres no real value/information in any of them, other then your unfounded opinions and sweeping statements. I would ask you in the future to refraim from posting in my topics if you cant address this problem.

You are here for somedays you can never read all my post. I only say what is in my mind. No sense? You mean like in the post with morrowind the only thing i understand is that you guys are trowing the dam stones to me! It's like the guy who speaks for the king(i don't speak for the king it's only in a matter of speaking) and the people throw the stones to the speaker and not to the king! the only thing you basteds want is that Rey is going to focus to fallout 3/new vegas don't blame me for that!!!!

foxtacles
09-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I removed the Factions board and will set up something else instead, soon. You can make further suggestions about what this can be.

Lokies
09-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Noo, I loved the faction section you could just add another sub-topic

Volumed
09-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Will there come what Genocyber was suggesting? A sub forum with child boards for server owners?

So something like this?:

(server name) (ip)?

foxtacles
09-09-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure if it is necessary at this time. Currently there's no point in running a server because you can't really customize nor 'play' on it. When the mod is more stable and playable, it's likely I will create such a forum.

Volumed
09-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure if it is necessary at this time. Currently there's no point in running a server because you can't really customize nor 'play' on it. When the mod is more stable and playable, it's likely I will create such a forum.

Ok thanks you... And for killing the role play.. :'( :-X

Genocyber
09-09-2011, 11:17 PM
I agree that at this point its not necessary.

Volumed, if you want to roleplay, do it in the off-topic section. I understand how you feel, but it had to be done for the sake of new users and guests who may feel that your factions are real, supported officially by vaultmp, which they are not. This would be very confusing. Please understand.

So something like this?:

(server name) (ip)?

Yes I think that would be fine.

[edit]
And your role-play hasnt been killed either, it can still be found here https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php?topic=284.0 so no need for the guilt-trip.

Volumed
09-10-2011, 10:27 AM

Volumed, if you want to roleplay, do it in the off-topic section. I understand how you feel, but it had to be done for the sake of new users and guests who may feel that your factions are real, supported officially by vaultmp, which they are not. This would be very confusing. Please understand.

So something like this?:

(server name) (ip)?

[edit]
And your role-play hasnt been killed either, it can still be found here https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php?topic=284.0 so no need for the guilt-trip.

I understand and i agree, but you sad it yourself the project can still take months so leaving some unnecessary things to keep the community alive maby a fun/game forum where we can continu and with a big text this have nothing to do with vaultmp?

Hehe it was in the off-topic sub forum so it was not that wrong.:P But i try to make some other games i got some great ideas:). And yes i understand it but i can still not like it.

Your last post edited was not really needed.

Genocyber
09-10-2011, 03:31 PM

So something like this?:

(server name) (ip)?

[edit]

I understand and i agree, but you sad it yourself the project can still take months so leaving some unnecessary things to keep the community alive maby a fun/game forum where we can continu and with a big text this have nothing to do with vaultmp?

Hehe it was in the off-topic sub forum so it was not that wrong.:P But i try to make some other games i got some great ideas:). And yes i understand it but i can still not like it.

Your last post edited was not really needed.

Your Factions subforum is still alive, yet you acting as if it is not. Im also happy with Recyclers response to the thread, so theres really no need for this debate to continue.

Locked.