View Full Version : Advertisements Section

Lorenc
09-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Title says it all, advertise your server on a section.

Maybe a rule: One advert per month otherwise there'll be a infraction.

Sorry for all my suggestions if they're disturbing anyone....

Houstin
09-10-2011, 12:35 PM
No thanks.

Instead of making multiple topics, you could just put them all in one topic titled "Lorenc's suggestions", or similar.

Lorenc
09-12-2011, 10:49 AM
May I ask why you said no? Do you expect anyone to post anywhere regarding there server? ( Not to disrespect your opinion )

Volumed
09-12-2011, 12:58 PM
You mean like in this topic? https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php?topic=279.0

Houstin
09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I hope that most vaultmp servers will be open source. For example, in the very first servers it'll be difficult for a single person to make a really nice server because there won't be much reference. If the servers were open source, then it'd be easier for people to learn scripting and make their own scripts. This way, anyone can contribute to a server. They can make new commands, fix bugs, and optimize things. If you don't want people to host a server of your script without your permission then just make a license stating that. Illegal copy servers should be removed from the master server list, and all topics regarding them locked.
I'm not saying your server will have to be open source, it's just that it'd be best for the whole community.

The upcoming Mods/servers section is very similar to the "Advertisements" section, only it promotes open source.

CTCCoco
09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I hope that most vaultmp servers will be open source. For example, in the very first servers it'll be difficult for a single person to make a really nice server because there won't be much reference. If the servers were open source, then it'd be easier for people to learn scripting and make their own scripts. This way, anyone can contribute to a server. They can make new commands, fix bugs, and optimize things. If you don't want people to host a server of your script without your permission then just make a license stating that. Illegal copy servers should be removed from the master server list, and all topics regarding them locked.
I'm not saying your server will have to be open source, it's just that it'd be best for the whole community.

The upcoming Mods/servers section is very similar to the "Advertisements" section, only it promotes open source.

Open Source projects will destroy the community, because nobody recognize the job of the creator, and claims the ownership of the gamemode for himself, the quality of the servers will drop...

I think it's usefull to have an open source project but with serious people, not kids / noobs / stealers.

It will be like SA-MP, 10.000 roleplays servers owned by noobs and kids, so the people who really made them will be fucked.

Houstin
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
@CTCCoco: If you don't want people to host a server of your script without your permission then just make a license stating that. Illegal copy servers should be removed from the master server list, and all topics regarding them locked.

Open source is good. Learn to use licenses.

"It will be like SA-MP.." How will it be like SA:MP? SA:MP servers aren't open source, atleast the ones I know of. Sure, some people release their scripts source. However most of them are discontinued after release, and there is no formal way to collectively improve the project.

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+open+source

Genocyber
09-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Title says it all, advertise your server on a section.

Maybe a rule: One advert per month otherwise there'll be a infraction.

Sorry for all my suggestions if they're disturbing anyone....

@Lorenc
This is what the new Mods/Servers subforum will be for. If you want to advertise, I would suggest setting up a moddb.com page like I have done which would be much more effective then an advertisements subsection on a small forum like this.

@CTCCoco
I also believe open source is healthy for a project. There are many reasons for this but your better off looking at the results in Houstins link then listening to my rambelings. And like he said, use a license and if anyone infrienges upon your license, we'll remove there server and topic.

We also only promote open source, we dont enforce it.

This tho should probably get its own topic.

Locked.