View Full Version : Oblivion and OBSE requirement

zardalu
09-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I see version revision 147 has support for Oblivion. I'm extremely happy to see that. Will OBSE be needed to run the mod?

Edit: Nevermind I see the answer in the Wiki, thanks

Immunity
09-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Most likely considering that you need the script extender for both the fallouts to have it run.

Farlo
09-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm actually just trying to get an Oblivion server setup and see how that works because I love Oblivion, haha. I'll see if I can't install a fresh copy of the game somewhere to play with and get a server setup, so it'd be cool to have someone to test with.

Volumed
09-18-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm actually just trying to get an Oblivion server setup and see how that works because I love Oblivion, haha. I'll see if I can't install a fresh copy of the game somewhere to play with and get a server setup, so it'd be cool to have someone to test with.

I can try, there are no vaultmp oblivion videos so i can film it if you make the server. :)

Farlo
09-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Alright... so I tried getting Oblivion running, but I have no clue about how to get it running. VaultMPD.exe returns zero servers (probably because none are being hosted) and VaultServer.exe says it can't find "VaultServer.ini", "standard.amx", or "default.fos" in the saves folder.

I think a lot of the errors are coming from the naming differences between FO and TES, but sadly I don't know how I'd go about fixing them. If anyone can give a decent walk through for setting this up, I'd be happy to host a (mostly) 24/7 Oblivion server.

foxtacles
09-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Test servers are online. When you have vaultmpd.exe open, you should put "vaultmp.com" in the field named "Master" and click the "Master Query" button ;)

Try to put vaultserverd.exe and vaultserver.ini together in the same folder (in the downloadable rev147 archive, they are separated). vaultserver.ini contains all the settings you need to setup a server. It has a comment after each setting which in short explains what it is for. To run a server, you need to specify a savegame as a requirement for the players who want to connect to your server. That savegame has to be placed in the folder "saves" (relative to the location of vaultserverd.exe).

Currently, you also need to run a script (it will be optional soon). You can use "vaultscript.dll" as a default one. To make your server appear in the vaultmp client, you can either choose to announce it to vaultmp.com (put vaultmp.com to the "master" setting in vaultserver.ini) or keep it localhost (leave the "master" setting blank or put 127.0.0.1 if you also want to run a local masterserver). vaultmpd.exe has a configuration file named "vaultmp.ini". In there, you can pre-define servers to appear in the client, like this:

servers=127.0.0.1:1770

This would make your local server on port 1770 (default) visible in the client from the startup. You need to have the setting "query" in vaultserver.ini set to 1 so you can query that server via "Update Server", though. Feel free to ask any questions you have left, this was just a very quick explanation on how to make it work.

(TES: Oblivion compatibility is currently bugged, don't expect too much :D )

Farlo
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Very nice post, I'll be sure to hop on and see what's up.

Since Oblivion has scaled enemies and stats that change based on the player, how is that going to work with multiple people? The only way I could see that working while maintaining some stability would be to set the levels according to the host of the server, but I could be wrong. Have you done anything about this, or is that still a non-issue at this point? haha.

Volumed
09-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Very nice post, I'll be sure to hop on and see what's up.

Since Oblivion has scaled enemies and stats that change based on the player, how is that going to work with multiple people? The only way I could see that working while maintaining some stability would be to set the levels according to the host of the server, but I could be wrong. Have you done anything about this, or is that still a non-issue at this point? haha.

There are more importent things like killing enemys what other players can see. :P

foxtacles
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much still a non-issue :D Synchronization of NPCs (including creatures) will partially be handled by players in range of the to-be-synced actors (e.g. the player who is the first / nearest to NPC X will be responsible for syncing the movement and actions of that NPC; when he leaves the scope, some other player will overtake the role of syncing, if there's any). Stats and levels of an NPC can be controlled server-side, via a script ;)

Just the concept in general, there are still lots of problems which have to be solved.

masterjedi343
09-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I saw it somewhere but can't find it at the moment. What version of Oblivion do I need for it to work?

Immunity
09-24-2011, 09:04 PM
https://obse.silverlock.org/ Build 1.2.0.416, Says it right there.