View Full Version : Iniparser and other problems when open a server

ltpoch
09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi, dear all!
I'm a newbie of this fantastic mod, and just when I followed the steps on wiki to setup my server, Ive got some problems.

I create a shortcut for vaultserver use: "<<MY PATH>>\vaultserverd.exe" -a [127.0.0.1] -q.
After open it, I got this error-message-like response:

Vault-Tec dedicated server 0.1a revision 147 <Windows>
----------------------------------------------------------
iniparser: cannot open -a
Script not found: standard.amx
[Sun Sep 25 21:48:48 2011] Connected to MasterServer <46.163.71.110|1660>

I tried to use" -a [vaultmp.com] -q "as the parameters, but still got "iniparser: cannot open -a"
Then I tried modify parameters in vaultserver.ini like below and direct open the vaultserverd.exe:

[general]
game=newvegas ;can be "fallout3", "newvegas", or "oblivion"
master=127.0.0.1 ;master server address, default is: vaultmp.com (can have the format IP:port)
port=1770 ;the port to run the server on, default is: 1770 (UDP for game, TCP for fileserve)
query=1 ;enable direct query, default is: 1
players=2 ;number of player slots, default is: 4
save=FalloutNV\piece_mp.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")
fileserve=1 ;allow users to download required files (such as mods) from the server, default is: 0
fileslots=8 ;maximum number of parallel fileserve connnections, default is: 8

By this way I could open a server and connect from both local and remote client, enter the game successfully.
However, I got another problem, both local and remote client load the same save file(I'm thinking if I should click "update server" instead of "Synchronize" in the vaultmpd), and I can't see another player in the game.

If anybody could help me solve these problems, I'll very appreciate.

Sincerely, Piece Yen.

foxtacles
09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Hello,

the wiki guidelines are outdated (https://wiki.vaultmp.com/index.php/How_to_set_up_the_server_and_connect). You don't have to create a shortcut anymore, just use vaultserver.ini and start vaultserverd.exe directly. It looks like you did everything right; I'm sorry it didn't work for you, the mod is currently in highly experimental state where you sometimes even can't see the other player. I'm working on these problems, and it should get better and easier soon ;)

ltpoch
09-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Thank you very much, Recycler.

Expecting this mod could be worked out soon.

Sincerely,
Piece Yen