View Full Version : Anticheat title

Houstin
10-03-2011, 08:22 PM
What would you like the vaultmp anticheat to be titled? I can never decide things like this. The anticheat will be closed source for security and will not be introduced until the need arises. It's going to be written to execute completely in ring 0, and will detect all possible cheats.
I wouldn't be surprised if the anticheat ended up being used for other things, so a vaultmp/fallout 3/fallout nv/oblivion related title will likely not be accepted.

CTCCoco
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Multiplayer Mod Anticheat (MMA). lol.

frankpetrov
10-05-2011, 01:43 AM
I had this epiphany like 5 minutes ago while on steam. we could call it Vault Anit Cheat and name it VAC for short. ;D

WarlockSyno
10-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Overseer

For obvious reasons.

Immunity
10-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Overseer

For obvious reasons.

+1

Aeronix
10-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Sturdy Scout, strong well and built, and scouts for cheats.

Dantiko
10-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Community Cheat Checker(CCC)

Volumed
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Maby Recycler have to think about a open name for the project not related to fallout or oblivion.

Despierto
10-05-2011, 10:50 PM
HackGuard, HackShield, Further Warden, Hackbuster, NoobBuster. ???

Aeronix
10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
For all who suggested names with "vault" in it, you obviously didn't read the OP.

I wouldn't be surprised if the anticheat ended up being used for other things, so a vaultmp/fallout 3/fallout nv/oblivion related title will likely not be accepted.

TommyB
10-11-2011, 04:03 AM
Overseer

For obvious reasons.

+1

Houstin
10-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Overseer

For obvious reasons.

+1

This is a great title and will be used unless exceeded :D
The anti-cheat development will be private though, so you will probably not hear much about the development status. If it proves successful, as I have predicted, I will help other anti-cheats implement some of my techniques which will significantly decrease the number of cheaters in anti-cheat protected games.

TommyB
10-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Good to hear! I when I read the overseer I laughed and thought, "This HAS to be the name of it." xD

WarlockSyno
10-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Yay. Glad to hear it. So you're using your own technique for anti-cheat?

Houstin
10-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Yay. Glad to hear it. So you're using your own technique for anti-cheat?

Overseer

For obvious reasons.

+1

This is a great title and will be used unless exceeded :D
The anti-cheat development will be private though, so you will probably not hear much about the development status. If it proves successful, as I have predicted, I will help other anti-cheats implement some of my techniques which will significantly decrease the number of cheaters in anti-cheat protected games.

The only people I will disclose any technical information regarding the anti-cheat will be other trusted anti-cheats. This will ensure security and will give it much more of a 'bang' effect when it is released ;)

EDIT: I will restate that it will detect all cheats that have existed, currently exist, and will exist. Anti-cheats must take advantage of the fact that a cheat has to modify something in order to function. Cheats take advantage of anti-cheats not searching everywhere, or being easy to tamper with. After studying existing anti-cheats, their flaws, and cheats themselves, I have designed a complete solution for cheating, and firmly believe that it is the closest to perfect one of today. Anti-cheats have another advantage that Microsoft will cooperate with us in a way to mutually benefit both Windows and anti-cheats. However, sadly I'm already developing multiple projects. This means it will take a few months to have the first release complete. You can expect it sometime 2012, probably after Vault-MP has grown significantly and my other projects near completion. I will hold closed beta testing for it, but until then you shouldn't worry about it.

Dantiko
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Ok, just don't forget to not allow WPE, CE, or any .dll that modifies the game.

Lorenc
10-15-2011, 06:56 AM
JunkBuster

Tomo
10-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Overseer

For obvious reasons.

Well played.

Dantiko
10-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Overseer be it then.