View Full Version : How will it be?

huleyn
10-06-2011, 10:49 AM
My question is, how will the mod be when it is complete.
I mean, will there be co-op campaign? (That will be really cool, i don't know why bethesda never makes co-op in their games.)
Or V.A.T.S.?
Or good player synchro?
Or a fix to jumping glitch?
Or somekind of gameplay fix to unique items? (My idea is, when somebody picks it up from a location, such as the paladin toaster from black rock cave, the unique item will respawn after 20 real life minutes (maybe 30), but the player who already picked it up won't be able to pick it again),
Or quest?
No, please don't tell me that there are already many topics like these, my real question is how great it will be when its complete?
So, tell me what features it will have when its complete.

Note: This question is for Fallout 3 and Fallout New vegas, i heard that vault mp also supported elder scrolls oblivion, so, my question is for fallout 3 and New vegas.

ALSOOOO:::::: Sorry for my english

Despierto
10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
V.A.T.S is disabled, and Recycler working on player sync I guess. I think bugs will be fixed and unique items will be removed from specific locations. Well you'll able to complete quests with your friends, at least for now I dunno but If that means CO-OP for you, yes.

huleyn
10-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Here's the answer: The game will suck.

Well.... unique items MUST be in the game!!!! I can't survive a second without Oh, Baby!'s Mauler attack!!!
And V.a.t.s. DISABLED?!?!?!?!
Why can't it be like the sleeping system of Minecraft! Where everybody has to click sleep in the same second to sleep!!!!(Like, when somebody presses vats button, There will be a notification to the other player, and if he/she accepts too, he/she presses vats button too, entering the vats mode)
And, about the quests, if there is no quests and no unique items, Fallout is just a normal, boring and simple deathmatch game.
Maybe is not an answer, everybody knows that :D

skiylaroso
10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a roleplay server when this is stable..
Deathmatch isn't the only option in this game, neither is just doin' quests.

huleyn
10-06-2011, 12:36 PM

What do you mean? Capture the flag?
Let fallout be fallout.

Despierto
10-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Here's the answer: The game will suck.

Well.... unique items MUST be in the game!!!! I can't survive a second without Oh, Baby!'s Mauler attack!!!
And V.a.t.s. DISABLED?!?!?!?!
Why can't it be like the sleeping system of Minecraft! Where everybody has to click sleep in the same second to sleep!!!!(Like, when somebody presses vats button, There will be a notification to the other player, and if he/she accepts too, he/she presses vats button too, entering the vats mode)
And, about the quests, if there is no quests and no unique items, Fallout is just a normal, boring and simple deathmatch game.
Maybe is not an answer, everybody knows that :D

Do it if you can. This is not piece of cake, though.

huleyn
10-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I worked on a multiplayer mod for C&C: Red alert 3: Uprising
Although i (I also had friends helping me) never finished it, (The school started, so the team split apart.) due to Uprising's multiplayer balance.
Uprising added some extra spice to game, but deleted multiPLAYER as a flaw. Well... uprising is actually a stand-alone game, and not an expansion pack.
Mod's beta is still in program files, waiting to be deleted or completed.
I have experience my friend.
These kind of mods are really hard to make.
Its not like adding a few items and doing a little scripting.
Its like REMAKING the game.
Adding multiplayer to a game which doesn't support multiplayer. Its really hard.
So don't think that you're the only one who made a multiplayer mod. I don't know if you're working on the mod, but if you are, downfall part of a mod, starts by ego my friend.
I support this mod, just make it flawless... who knows? Maybe Bethesda makes a contract with you and adds this mod as a patch to the game. Heck, there are some companies like that, they make a stupid game, and when somebody makes a mod, they add it to their game by patching! Terraria and Minecraft are just some example.

Volumed
10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I hope it will be become like sa-mp.

The ingame single player missions/campaing are hard coded, to change that to multiplayer is many work it's like putting a new motherboard in a old computer you can better make new missions and campaing but that is not the work for Recycler.

foxtacles
10-06-2011, 03:36 PM
My question is, how will the mod be when it is complete.

Hard to tell how it will be when it's complete. First, define complete. There's an incredible amount of work left to do, lots of bugs and flaws which need to be addressed. I could compile a list of features which I'd like to see working in the first real alpha release.

One of the main concept is to leave as much configuration options to the end-user as possible. I won't (and can't, due to various reasons) remake the game. I will interface as many elements from the game as I can to the mod. Scripters can take over control of how the actual gameplay will be like. Callbacks (event notifying) and a large set of functions to respond to them will allow scripters to dynamically enable / disable quests, VATS, lock / unlock doors, place or spawn objects (objects include actors, items etc.), move objects, change weather, put map markers, create message boxes, control containers / merchants, and more.

That means I will leave the question of i.e. the existence of quests to the individual user. vaultmp only provides the multiplayer functionality (which includes game syncing, scripting, and all the technical stuff). It's totally impossible to remake the game and make a full multiplayer version out of it for 1-2 developers (remember, we do this in our free time and don't get paid).

CouncilOfDave
10-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Let fallout be fallout.

Play FOnline 2238 for a bit, and you'll see things you could never think of on your own.

skiylaroso
10-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Let fallout be fallout.

How did you get capture the flag from that..?
I mean, make it SAMP style, different servers different things..
Personally, i'm going to join a roleplay server, where players will roleplay factions, wastelanders, merchants etc etc

Dantiko
10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Is this an useless topic?
Please, recycler will only make the multiplayer mod, not the actual deathmatch and pvp mods, that will be other people's work(unless recyclers choses to do it).

CTCCoco
10-06-2011, 10:59 PM
This is to play multiplayer. The gamemodes are created by us, thanks to the tools that Recycler and devs give to us. That's why this is great and closed multiplayers with specific gamemodes like the official GTA IV sucks.