View Full Version : blog

Volumed
10-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello, Recycler

I got a suggestion for a blog to show to people that you/the project are still busy/alive take the blog from notch from the indie game Minecraft a blog don't have to go about the project only maby also about games you are playing or other things it's also good that people feel a connection to you like people knowing you like the tv. You don't have to post everyday maby only friday but you can also do a video blog if that is more easy for you.

- Volumed

Dantiko
10-18-2011, 10:10 PM
If he has a cam, yes, and I know well how a blog can work, it worked on APB Reloaded, it might just work here, my concern is that maybe 300 people know about us worldwide, from facebook etc. A blog might get us famous, I agree with the idea.

Farlo
10-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Haha, it'd be nice to see. I guess it all depends on how much work Recycler has elsewhere :P It'd probably be a lot easier if it wasn't just him and Houstin going at it.

Edit: Also, if you have an account on StumbleUpon, "Like" the main forum page (https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php), maybe we can get other visitors through that. I placed it under the Video Games category.

Dixx
10-19-2011, 03:19 PM
I was sending privvate messageas to Recycler and Houstin, that i can make a webiste with updates, tutorials, version "trunk" and all this stuff for people to know what they want to know. I want to make easy to understand instalation and stuff, wich was a bit of work for me to find out how to do that...

I still can do it...

Dantiko
10-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Don't pm the admins, plz.

Dixx
10-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Sorry, but i didn't know, who is doing the media stuff. I got response from Houstin and he said he is forwarding my message to Recycler, but i got no responce since then :/

Farlo
10-20-2011, 04:27 AM
At the moment they are posting the trunks here (https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php?board=4.0) and here (https://code.brickster.net/revision.php?repname=Vault-Tec+Multiplayer+Mod&isdir=1&). As far as installation, I think making the mod itself (the GUI is just now being worked on) is a bit higher on the to-do list and the programs haven't had an installer built, but we will definitely be posting how-tos and tutorials once a somewhat stable build is available. The revision that's available now is just for testing/demonstration use and isn't stable at all, even if installed properly.

foxtacles
10-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I like the idea of a blog. However, for this to work, I'd like to see some integration of blog / forums because I don't want to manage several installations of web software at once. I know that vBulletin got optional blog software bundled, but it's expensive.

Sorry, but i didn't know, who is doing the media stuff. I got response from Houstin and he said he is forwarding my message to Recycler, but i got no responce since then :/

I received your request and I'm sorry that I didn't answer you. I'm happy that you're willing to help (much appreciated!) but I currently don't have an idea how such a separate website would look like. If you want, you can build such a page and I may consider using it, but I can't guarantee anything ;)

Dixx
10-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Roger that!
I am gonna do my best!

Dixx
10-29-2011, 12:35 PM
https://1st-msob.pardalove.cz/vaultmp/

Here is testing website that i made. It has no graphics and only the index page, but you can see the concept there.
I am working now on live-chat support and i will put it on the right side of the page, so users can chat and comunicate while testing multiplayer maybe... Not great solution, but when ingame chat is not working, it is good from my point of view.

Yes and i am solving problem with CSS coding, so if the website is damaged visually, just adjust your explorer window width...
If someone knows, how to solve it, or want to help me with making graphics stuff, just reply :)

Hope you like it.

Dixx
10-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes and this page can be on url: vaultmp.com and forum can be on subdomain like: forum.vaultmp.com
Link can be in menu in main page...

Volumed
10-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes and this page can be on url: vaultmp.com and forum can be on subdomain like: forum.vaultmp.com
Link can be in menu in main page...

Sorry Dixx, but i really don't like it your design is to easy and to simple and you sad it yourself this project deserved something special.

And there is a irc channel now works fine. :)

Dixx
10-29-2011, 03:26 PM
As i told: this is just the concept.
And yes it has no design. I can't do it myself without direction.

If you tell me what to put there , i can do it how you like it. You wanted somethink to show, here it is. If you want something different, tell me what and iwill do it!

Well and if you and other people like using forum, so be it.

Dixx
10-29-2011, 03:28 PM
And this is the way how i like it as user. simple and easy, which is missing here on the forums. Most of time spet here i am looking for just files needed to use that mod and thank another hugae ammount of time looking for working tutorial.

Webpages will help that.

Volumed
10-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I meant how the website was build not the grafic design, "I can't do it myself without direction" So..... Why did you start then?

You want pages to find tuts really easy that is good and i believe this will be added but not now because it will be outdated in some weeks ...

But i want to warn you for something vBulletin is payed so i don't believe Recycler will change it fast.. ;')

Dixx
10-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Yea whatever... I guess this is the way, you thank to all people who want to help you...

Volumed
10-29-2011, 07:45 PM
What? All people who want to help you? Where are you talking about...?

Dixx
10-31-2011, 04:21 PM
https://1st-msob.pardalove.cz/

what do you think of that?
I finished it yesterday. It's my airsoft team official webpage (czech language).
Included MySQL support, SEO optimized, XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and User interface (login, write new news, etc.) is under development right now.
It's possible to use that concept.

If you don't like that one, my work is done here, because i don't know, what else you want :)

https://1st-msob.pardalove.cz/web.jpg <-- additional photo here

Dantiko
11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Good, after you translated it to english post a photo so that we could fix spelling errors, if there is going to be any.

Dixx
11-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry, but i am just a czech student learning english by myself most of the time, so my spelling is not perfect at all. I can translate that website of course, but i need someone to fix my spelling and i dont want it to be pointless to translate it. I was posting that website for checking out, if it's good and if i can use it.

So you're saying, that this one is good?