View Full Version : My Server is not working, could someone please read my plea and help me out?

JesusInABox
10-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey guys, I have been pulling my hair out over this thing, it's driving me to crazy town and back. I have installed everything and got everything all setup and working, the save has been found, the files are where they're supposed to be, but here's my dilemma, I make the master server on port 1660, like you guys said, which has been forwarded through my router to my IP Address, and it didn't work. I can't access it locally, and my friends can't access it remotely. My first thought was "Well, maybe my ISP has that port blocked....". No problem. I changed my port to 3784, which I had forwarded for ventrilo, still didn't work, but I tested this port at canyouseeme.org, it could see the port clearly.

# vaultserver configuration file
# www.vaultmp.com

[general]
game=newvegas ;can be "fallout3", "newvegas", or "oblivion"
master=24.98.222.191:3784 ;master server address, default is: vaultmp.com (can have the format IP:port)
port=25565 ;the port to run the server on, default is: 1770 (UDP for game, TCP for fileserve)
query=1 ;enable direct query, default is: 1
players=16 ;number of player slots, default is: 4
save=FalloutNV/default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")
fileserve=1 ;allow users to download required files (such as mods) from the server, default is: 0
fileslots=8 ;maximum number of parallel fileserve connnections, default is: 8

[scripts]
;comma seperated list of PAWN / C++ scripts, will be loaded in the given order
;scripts need to be located in the root
scripts=vaultscript.dll

[mods]
;comma seperated list of mod files required to play on this server
;mods need to be located in the folder "mods", which is the games "Data" folder clientside
;mods will be loaded in the given order
;mods=mymod.esp

That is my vault configuration file. I used 25565 for my old Minecraft server, and that port is forwarded and unblocked already. Both the 3784 work, and the 25565 work. Could you please point out the problem here? I can't seem to find it, as it also doesn't work with the port 1660, I should also mention that the port is unblocked on my firewall, both ports. There's nothing that should be keeping the server from connecting. I would have used your Master Server, but it seems to be down, and in case this happens in the future, I would like to have my own up and running, so I don't have to have a crutch holding me back.

I appreciate it very much if you can help me out with this predicament. If not, no big deal. Have a good day guys.

-Alex.

foxtacles
10-25-2011, 07:50 PM
I'll get back to your issue as soon as I got some free time (the next days). I'm sorry it doesn't work for you, but I'm sure we'll find the solution ;)

EDIT
Are you running the dedicated server on the machine as the master server? If so, please use 127.0.0.1 as IP instead of your external one.
EDIT2
The master server always runs on port 1660, there is now way to change that yet apart from recompiling. So you aren't required to put :1660, as it's the default.
(this restriction is mainly the result of the intention that vaultmp.com should be the fixed master server for everyone, but you're right, it's down [I'll get it back as soon as I can] and I'll also add the possibility to change the master server port)
So currently you should end up putting 127.0.0.1 only as master address if it's the same host.

JesusInABox
10-27-2011, 02:59 AM
Hey! Thanks for responding, I appreciate it! Yes, I am running the Master Server on the same machine, so I'll give it another shot at 127.0.0.1, and I'll get back to you on that. Also, it's no big deal making the port selectable, I'll just use 1660 as normal. :D Thanks for responding again, I'll get back to this thread if I can't figure it out! -Alex.