View Full Version : Is there any kind of simple, up to date turorial for server setup?

Tomo
12-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm aware of the tutorial on the wiki (which I used to set up my testing server), but it's not the simplest thing to follow. And it seems that quite a few people have shown interest in setting up a server, yet have been unable to (especially with the master server down). Unless someone has made one already which I've missed, I'll see about making a simpler and up to date tutorial.

Anyone know of one? Also, out of interest, who would be interested in this? I'll make on either way, but I'd like a rough idea.

Farlo
12-17-2011, 07:58 PM
There sadly isn't one yet, and I've been waiting for the next major release before I start writing one, but I did plan to as soon as I can get my hands on the next release. If you're willing to write one up for r147 go for it, I'll put it up on the wiki (or you can yourself, either way).

If you want pointers, dig around my posts, I made a new paragraphs explaining roughly how, I just don't remember when or where. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the tutorial :D

Roncon93
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Please, I've been looking around for hours. I simply don't understand anymore. Maybe someone here can help me? I've been trying to set up a server using this https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?225-How-To-Set-Up-A-Fallout-3-New-Vegas-MP-Server-PICS-WINDOWS.

I have the latest version of Fallout 3 with Live disabled.

Both vaultmp.exe and vaultmp.dll are in my Fallout 3 install directory and I have the default.fos in the saves directory.

But when I run the Vaultserverd.exe all I get is this.

So now I am completely lost on what to do. I have already opened the ports, which are 1770 and 1660. So what am I doing wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

Tomo
12-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the reply, Farlo. Having read the latest news post, seems Recy's got things planned. I'm hoping to give a hand with development after the sync overhaul is done. Until then, there's not much point in doing too much.

Looking forward to the update :D

And Roncon, if you haven't already, check out the newest update on the front page. Wait a bit for the next update and stuff should work easier.

frankpetrov
12-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok, well... seeing you have everything installed correctly is quite good so i will go from there.
first off, you dont need to run any .bat files just do some file editing instead.
of course, go into the vaultmaster folder and run vaultmaster.exe aand it'll start that.
next, go back into the vaultserver folder. Open up the vaultserver.ini config file. you will see a part that says master=vaultmp.com
change that line so it says master=127.0.0.1
save the file.
look down further and make sure that you see this part:
[scripts]
;comma seperated list of PAWN / C++ scripts, will be loaded in the given order
;scripts need to be located in the root
scripts=standard.amx

if it doesn't look like that, change it to be like that. when it says it has to be in the root, it doesnt mean in the fallout folder. it MUST be in the vaultserver folder. if you don't see it in there, go back to the fallout folder and go into a folder labeled vaultscript. this is where you will edit and compile scripts. you should see a standard.amx file. copy that and paste it into your vaultserver folder. next, while in the vaultserver folder, you should see a saves folder. go in there and you should see a fallout3 folder. go in there. and theres the default.fos
well, it should be there. if not, go to your documents and find a save game file from you playing singleplayer. copy one and paste it in here and rename it to default.fos
then go back to the vaultserver folder and start up the vaultserverd.exe and it should be good.

Roncon93
12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Ok, well... seeing you have everything installed correctly is quite good so i will go from there.
first off, you dont need to run any .bat files just do some file editing instead.
of course, go into the vaultmaster folder and run vaultmaster.exe aand it'll start that.
next, go back into the vaultserver folder. Open up the vaultserver.ini config file. you will see a part that says master=vaultmp.com
change that line so it says master=127.0.0.1
save the file.
look down further and make sure that you see this part:
[scripts]
;comma seperated list of PAWN / C++ scripts, will be loaded in the given order
;scripts need to be located in the root
scripts=standard.amx

if it doesn't look like that, change it to be like that. when it says it has to be in the root, it doesnt mean in the fallout folder. it MUST be in the vaultserver folder. if you don't see it in there, go back to the fallout folder and go into a folder labeled vaultscript. this is where you will edit and compile scripts. you should see a standard.amx file. copy that and paste it into your vaultserver folder. next, while in the vaultserver folder, you should see a saves folder. go in there and you should see a fallout3 folder. go in there. and theres the default.fos
well, it should be there. if not, go to your documents and find a save game file from you playing singleplayer. copy one and paste it in here and rename it to default.fos
then go back to the vaultserver folder and start up the vaultserverd.exe and it should be good.

Good sir, you have my thanks. I didn't know that all this files had to be in the exact same folder which in my case was the windows folder. I suppose that if I'm planning on playing LAN I should probably put my inside IP instead, am I right? If I encounter any issues I suppose that I can let you know. Then again, my many thanks.