View Full Version : Official Vault-MP mod server? [Fallout 3/NV]

Genocyber
12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Ive got litterially thousands of custom mod assets, from rigged armor to cyberpunk style buildings and vehicles. These were intended for a mod I was working on, but Ive since lost intrest in it. I could however be intrested in using these for an official Vault-mp mod server, one which is developed and supported by this community.

[edit]
I remember we discussed something like this in the past, the general consensus being that its far to soon/early to begin discussing such matters. Now though I think the time is right, as it would take a pretty long ass time, just getting the rest of my assets ingame, an its not just giving all the custom stuff balanced stats in the geck, all custom statics need additional lods mesh/textures, new worldspaces need extensive bug testing etc so yeah, if we wanna get some type of official mod server goin, perhaps we should start its developement now?

Dantiko
12-26-2011, 09:15 PM
First of all, you got to measure the size of all those mods, see which is from NV and which is from Fallout 3, then you gotta put an external link so that we could download the mods faster, instead of using the synchronize button from VaultMP client which will surely be slow, and also I would like to say that in case an official server is on and it is 24/7, you could always ask for donations if needed.

frankpetrov
12-26-2011, 09:53 PM
My suggestion would be to make the mods available so players could download them faster, and make the server available for players to connect to. You really should have it up and ask people to check it out first to see if its even liked first. I'm not trying to criticize, but rather say that you need to find out if what you have is liked before going as far as making it an official server.

Volumed
12-26-2011, 11:28 PM
I believe it's still to soon.

The native game with some pawn made gametypes is good enough for me and i'm sure when vaultmp gets to a playable state it will be good enough for a start.

Genocyber
12-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Was thinking along the lines of something like the Tytanis mod, but for fallout.

Dantiko
12-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, for both Fallouts the player will need to have all the official add-ons, since they add very good stuff, and I gotta agree with Volumed, It's still too soon to begin it, maybe when Recycler manages to deactivate all quests and synchronize combat and movement, you could do it, but go selecting the "necessary" mods already, and getting the links for us to go downloading it already.