View Full Version : How to create a server + master server with hamachi [tut]

Volumed
12-27-2011, 06:00 PM
OUTDATED

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8o0i_fMJo8&feature=youtu.be

1. Downloads

First download vaultmp+server files: https://www.brickster.net/files/vaultmp/vaultmp_rev147_alpha.zip
To get the server files.

Seconde Download hamachi: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx

2. Set up a hamachi network

1. great a account

2. great a network

https://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1615/hamachi1p.png

https://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6492/hamachi2s.png

Here a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCLJLnU4Jw&feature=related

3. Installation

1. Open vaultmp_rev147_alpha.zip and place the files in your fallout 3, new vegas or oblivion main folder.

2. open the file vaultmp.ini
And change master= to your hamachi ip

You can find your hamachi ip here:

https://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5958/hamachiip.png

https://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5081/in1.png

Will go futher in a next post.

Volumed
12-27-2011, 06:07 PM

Go to the folder vaultserver copy the file vaultserver.ini and go to the map windows paste the file there
Mainfoldergame > vaultserver > copy vaultserver.ini > windows > place vaultserver.ini

And open vaultserver.ini in the windows folder:

change master=127.0.0.1 to master=(yourhamachiip) without: ( )
And delete the line:
save=Fallout3/default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")

https://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5972/in2g.png

Go back to your vaultserver folder \Fallout New Vegas\vaultserver and go in to the folder saves then in to the folder fallout 3 and you will find the file default.fos copy this file and go back to your windows folder \Fallout New Vegas\vaultserver\windows and great a new folder and name it saves go in to that folder and place default.fos

https://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8080/in3s.png

Now go back to your main folder and open the folder vaultmaster

https://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5881/in5.png

Open the file vaultmaster.exe

and go back to your main folder and go to vaultserver > windows

https://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7206/in4.png

And open the file vaultserverd.exe

Go back to your main folder open vaultmpd.exe and press Master Query and now you can play in your own hamachi server

How to let friends join? Let them join your hamachi by giving them your hamachi channel name and password

Good luck!

al5xander
12-27-2011, 06:20 PM
yes! thank you now i will try this with my friends!

Volumed
12-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Added a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8o0i_fMJo8&feature=youtu.be

TurboChaos
03-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Well it seems to have worked partially, Im still getting a "cant find NVSE" when I try the vaultmpd.exe, but the latest version of NVSE is installed aswell.
Im also getting a lost connection to master server message when opening up vaultserverd.

Volumed
03-01-2012, 01:18 AM
VaultMP is still in the alpha stage that is all say if you don't get that part working. :-)

TurboChaos
03-01-2012, 02:02 AM
VaultMP is still in the alpha stage that is all say if you don't get that part working. :-)

I appreciate the reply, I fixed the cant connect to server thing, I guess I had to jsut activate them in order. however the third vaultmpd thing still has me stumped. Ill keep tryng, but even if I did solve it, I still have no real idea of what Im using to join a or create a game.

Jason
03-06-2012, 03:01 AM
I understand that you are doing your best here, mate, but your English is absolute rubbish. This isn't an insult; this is constructive criticism. I am more than willing to help you, or write a new thread for you, but I will need your help. And simply Google translating German won't work. Provided you have a basic understanding of the English language, I will help you. If you want this help, call me on Skype. My user name is blacklink27.

Volumed
03-06-2012, 05:40 AM
If you don't understand this you have to be really stupid. I don't care if it's not perfect in every grammatica way, or if it is not written correctly. I don't use google translate and i am not german(where they speak deutch) but i am dutch. And no i really don't need help tnx you.

Jason
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, now, I'm sure it makes sense to people who use the word "great" inappropriately, or people who understand the general tone of absolute nonsense of poor English, sure, but I don't. Unlike you lot, I actually speak English as a primary language. And fine, but you're the reason that people aren't able to use this mod.

Jason
03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
And frankly, I think you're an idiot who's entire nation spends their days sitting around pretending to be German, and frankly, should have given up as a country after you got kicked out of South Africa. By the way, The rest of the world doesn't accept Holland as a country anymore. You're "The Netherlands" now. That's because your country smells of the rest of the world's nether-regions.

Tomo
03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
That was... unexpected.

Volumed
03-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Hahaha, that is a good way to make friends when you join new in a community.

"but you're the reason that people aren't able to use this mod." So it's my responsibility to make a perfect english tut? I don't believe so..

Damn dude, you really don't know where you are talking about.

Go flame somewhere else.

Mars
03-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Hahaha, that is a good way to make friends when you join new in a community.

"but you're the reason that people aren't able to use this mod." So it's my responsibility to make a perfect english tut? I don't believe so..

Damn dude, you really don't know where you are talking about.

Go flame somewhere else.
I'm not sure what he was all bothered about, sure it's not perfect, however I'm not sure what he should expect. I find it unlikely their are people with enough time to do 'professional' translations etc. for your tutorial. It's a framework and thus a start (IE someone can add or improve on it as necessary).

I would think it have been a bit more constructive of them to offer to help with the tutorial.

Erstwhile I could make an attempt at a formated PDF if you would like then with a 'condensed' set of words a multilingual variant can be created. LibreOffice seems to handle this sort of thing fairly well. I can leave the ODT so people can make or add a translation as desired.

Mars

Volumed
03-08-2012, 10:50 AM
No thanks you, this is a tut for the alpha version can people not understand the definition "alpha" it's really irritating many people can not.

crapvile
03-08-2012, 03:53 PM
It is creat day the great folder

Volumed
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Where are you talking about?

NeoPhoenix
03-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Gives me this:
https://i.imm.io/iuAs.png

Volumed
03-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Gives me this:
https://i.imm.io/iuAs.png

Don't screw around with the vaultscript? :-)

I know how servers work i know how to setup servers but there it ends.

elas225
03-25-2012, 10:32 AM
I have some Problem. I mean creating a serwer was an success, but when i Log in to my MasterServer, and my brother log in into it ( by putting my master`s Hamachi IP in to his master field), we cant see each other, and if we do, which happens some times, we both look like Great Khans... Any suggestions??

Virus
03-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I've followed those instructions. All cool but one thing: The server tries to connect to 46.163.119.217:1660, not to my Hamachi IP. Why? I set up my IP and the server don't see it.

Volumed
03-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Then you did something wrong. Make sure you did everything right.

Virus
03-28-2012, 07:29 AM
I did. I looked at this tut three times and did all from the start again and nothing changed

Volumed
03-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Then i want more information what game and step by step what you did.

SubatomicHamster
04-14-2012, 05:16 PM
do i have to send my friend the initial save/ how do i enable downloads on the server

Volumed
04-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Yes, he have to put in the default.fos in hes mygame/save folder himself. You can not.

SubatomicHamster
04-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Thank you, so much :P

SubatomicHamster
04-14-2012, 06:24 PM
right ive done that, but when we connected, we were both put into single player games we got some fatal errors and then we both dc'd (i know its in alpha so these things are expected, i just wanted to know of any solutions?) thanks :P89

Volumed
04-14-2012, 08:57 PM
right ive done that, but when we connected, we were both put into single player games we got some fatal errors and then we both dc'd (i know its in alpha so these things are expected, i just wanted to know of any solutions?) thanks :P89

For what game? More information please.. And the log.

Jamy555
04-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Volumed, I am amazed at how tolerable you are of these people. Also guys, please do remember that a specific version of NVSE is required to run VaultMP, and that people cannot help you if you do not give error logs. The error logs for the actual server are stored next to the vaultserver application and the client logs are stored in the root of the game. Finally, understand that this project is alpha, there are bound to be bugs and incompatibilities.

Volumed
04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Volumed, I am amazed at how tolerable you are of these people. Also guys, please do remember that a specific version of NVSE is required to run VaultMP, and that people cannot help you if you do not give error logs. The error logs for the actual server are stored next to the vaultserver application and the client logs are stored in the root of the game. Finally, understand that this project is alpha, there are bound to be bugs and incompatibilities.

Not sure if that is positive or negative. But it's still better then "asshole". ;')

And welcome too the forum Jamy.

Jamy555
04-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks, and it was positive. :P

SubatomicHamster
04-15-2012, 03:57 PM
yeah I'm sorry I am not really good with this sort of thing (I really am stupid and I apologize) but I do thank the community for being so supportive and helpful :D, thanks!! However I am running New Vegas and (as I am stupid) I dont know how to send the log, also this really isn't the thread to ask these questions, thanks Volumed for a great server guide, ill take my problem elsewhere :D.

Jamy555
04-16-2012, 05:36 PM
You don't need to send the log as such. It should open with Notepad or similar document editing program and it's as simple as copy and paste everything in the file onto the post. :p

Volumed
04-16-2012, 05:58 PM
The Log is in the main game map with the vaultmpd.exe you can indeed open it with notepade.

SubatomicHamster
04-16-2012, 07:28 PM
ok here is the log, I think :P (thank you soo Volumed and the community for your help (and patience) with noobs like me :P):
ps. with all due respect i dont really know what im looking for (the whole log is too big to attatch :P

"[2012-04-14 18:26:52] Reference FF0012AE with base 0010C0BE and NetworkID 1022317117029636638 (type: 6Player) to be destructed[2012-04-14 18:26:53] Player object destroyed (ref: FF0012AE)
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Game process missing, shutting down
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Receive thread is going to terminate
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Lost connection to interface
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Reference 00000014 with base 00000007 and NetworkID 1139410706793189173 (type: 6Player) to be destructed
[2012-04-14 18:26:59] Player object destroyed (ref: 00000014)
[2012-04-14 18:26:59] Performed cleanup on Container class
[2012-04-14 18:26:59] Network thread is going to terminate (ERROR)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
END OF LOG"

Volumed
04-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Who is hosting the server and the master server and can you give full details what he/you did when he/you created the server and if the server or master server gives a error.

SubatomicHamster
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
i made the server on my hamachi, i followed this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkd6RHExuR4
ill try making the server again (just in case) as far as i know the vaultmaster soes not report the problem I Have to wait for my friend (ill give a definite answer when he tests with me :P)

Jamy555
04-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Hrm, as far as I can tell, it would seem there was a connection error,
[Player object destroyed (ref: FF0012AE)]
and due to this the event that controls deletion of the reference (The in-game player model) was triggered as if the player had just left.
[Reference 00000014 with base 00000007 and NetworkID 1139410706793189173 (type: 6Player) to be destructed.]
However I may be wrong.

SubatomicHamster
04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
No! there is no genuine error given, just that the client has disconnected, the log however just seems to stop creating the character, look: (i dont really know what to do atm, probably wait until a few more bugs are ironed out :P, Thanks Guys)

Volumed
04-18-2012, 06:26 PM
The log is not really help full (for me). Hmmm, can you maybe created your own topic with full information what you got when you get the error i believe when you join the server so can you join the server alone did you try to created local intern server.. Like that. Every thing can be the problem.

SubatomicHamster
04-18-2012, 07:42 PM
https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?648-Fallout-New-Vegas-MP-problems&p=4250#post4250
Thanks Volumed :D

RichterScarff
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Greetings everyone!

I want to start off by saying that I have read all the posts in the discussion area, have followed both the video and text installation guide, and realize that this mod is in alpha so there will be bugs and the like. I am attempting to set up a server for New Vegas.

While following the steps I open vaultmaster as instructed which brings up a (Dos?) box with " Initializing RakNet" in it. Not sure if this is the norm, just posting it.

Next I open up vaultserver in my vaultserver > windows folder in which another box opens with:
iniparser: input line too long in vaultserver.ini <16>
Script not found: standard.amx
Lost connection to MasterServer <46.163.119.217:1660>

This i find odd as I have setup my hamachi IP address as stated in the tutorial.

I then open up vaultmp as instructed which brings up the proper program. When I attempt to "Master Query", the vaultmaster box displays:

New incoming connection from (my ip address + port)
Query processed (my ip and port again)
Client disconnected (ip and port)

I've attempted four times (twice with the video, twice with the text tutorial) and come up with the same results. I very well could've done something wrong, but I'm not sure what it could be.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Volumed
06-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Greetings everyone!

I want to start off by saying that I have read all the posts in the discussion area, have followed both the video and text installation guide, and realize that this mod is in alpha so there will be bugs and the like. I am attempting to set up a server for New Vegas.

While following the steps I open vaultmaster as instructed which brings up a (Dos?) box with " Initializing RakNet" in it. Not sure if this is the norm, just posting it.

Next I open up vaultserver in my vaultserver > windows folder in which another box opens with:

This i find odd as I have setup my hamachi IP address as stated in the tutorial.

I then open up vaultmp as instructed which brings up the proper program. When I attempt to "Master Query", the vaultmaster box displays:

New incoming connection from (my ip address + port)
Query processed (my ip and port again)
Client disconnected (ip and port)

I've attempted four times (twice with the video, twice with the text tutorial) and come up with the same results. I very well could've done something wrong, but I'm not sure what it could be.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Q: While following the steps I open vaultmaster as instructed which brings up a (Dos?) box with " Initializing RakNet" in it. Not sure if this is the norm, just posting it.
A: Yes

Q:Next I open up vaultserver in my vaultserver > windows folder in which another box opens with:
A: First is the file vaultserver.ini in that folder i don't believe so. 46.163.119.217:1660 This master server is offline created your own master server like i said in this tut.

foxtacles
06-13-2012, 12:55 PM
The vaultserver.ini needs a newline at the end of the file (fixed in next version). Please show your vaultserver.ini

RichterScarff
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
112Here it is. I renamed the file due to it being an invalid file type for upload. The files located in the vaultserver > windows folder are: saves, vaultscript.dll, vaultserver.exe, vaultserver.ini.

foxtacles
06-13-2012, 08:09 PM
You need to specify a savegame:

save=YourSavegame.fos

in your example. This would be the file ./saves/YourSavegame.fos. If you run the master server on the same machine as the server, you need to put 127.0.0.1 as the address of the master server in the file. Also add a blank new line at the end of vaultserver.ini, which will resolve the iniparser issue.

RichterScarff
06-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you so much, got it finally to work. By that I mean I can connect, and am going to try it with a friend tonight. Thank you for your help!

Volumed
06-15-2012, 05:58 PM
I declare this tutorial outdated.
I will make a new video soon! Please follow the wiki: https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=How+to+set+up+the+server+and+co nnect

torquay
07-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Great tutorial mate!You are amazing!Love you!

Volumed
07-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Great tutorial mate!You are amazing!Love you!
Thanks you,
The topic is outdated, it still works for me, but to many people got problems with it, i'm going to created a new one for Gary 2 with a video.

torquay
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks you,
The topic is outdated, it still works for me, but to many people got problems with it, i'm going to created a new one for Gary 2 with a video.

Yeah I got problem too.I can see my server on vaultmp.exe but when I try to join it says problem about a save or something like that.

Edit:Sorry mate.It works perfect.I just had to click Synchronize.BTW.How can I create character?Thanks again for everything.

Volumed
07-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah I got problem too.I can see my server on vaultmp.exe but when I try to join it says problem about a save or something like that.

Edit:Sorry mate.It works perfect.I just had to click Synchronize.BTW.How can I create character?Thanks again for everything.

You can do it in two ways:
1. Created your own save game rename it default.fos and put it in your my game save folder.
2. Console commands.

benroyko
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Im having a problem where whenever I try to enter (before this everything works fine) it just freezes on startup as soon as it hits the bethesda screen :/ is there any way to fix this?

Volumed
07-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Im having a problem where whenever I try to enter (before this everything works fine) it just freezes on startup as soon as it hits the bethesda screen :/ is there any way to fix this?

I do not understand why you post this here in a outdated topic.

Hmm, it's hard to tell what the problem is without a error.
When your game crash is vaultmp.exe still running?
No?Use the debug version: https://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/17423/
It will created a error log post it here.
What version do you have? And FOSE?
What VaultMP version are you using?

jam
07-10-2012, 11:55 AM
nothiing to see here

Volumed
07-10-2012, 12:00 PM
nothiing to see here

That is still my choice.
So if you have nothing valuable to add

benroyko
07-10-2012, 11:52 PM
this is the error: Loading of savegame efault failed (Timeout of 15000 reached for future vaulue retrieval)

Im using the 147 version or build whatever you call it

Volumed
07-11-2012, 12:58 AM
this is the error: Loading of savegame efault failed (Timeout of 15000 reached for future vaulue retrieval)

Im using the 147 version or build whatever you call it

Use the latest version Gary 1... https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=Download+binaries+source

ronnieice27
02-01-2014, 01:30 AM
I have a problem when trying to launch my server for newvegas when i try to connect it says new incoming connection from 127.0.0.1:55188 then straight after while newvegas is launching it says client disconnected 127.0.0.1:55188

this is what my vaultserver file looks like.
# vaultserver configuration file
# www.vaultmp.com

[general]
game=newvegas ;can be "fallout3" or "newvegas"
master=25.0.254.246 ;master server address, default is: vaultmp.com (can have the format IP:port)
port=1770 ;the port to run the server on, default is: 1770 (UDP for game, TCP for fileserve)
query=1 ;enable direct query, default is: 1
players=4 ;number of player slots, default is: 4
fileserve=1 ;allow users to download required files (such as mods) from the server, default is: 0
save=newvegas\default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")
fileslots=8 ;maximum number of parallel fileserve connnections, default is: 8

[scripts]
;comma seperated list of PAWN / C++ scripts, will be loaded in the given order
;scripts need to be located in the root
scripts=vaultscript.dll

Volumed
02-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I have a problem when trying to launch my server for newvegas when i try to connect it says new incoming connection from 127.0.0.1:55188 then straight after while newvegas is launching it says client disconnected 127.0.0.1:55188

this is what my vaultserver file looks like.
# vaultserver configuration file
# www.vaultmp.com

[general]
game=newvegas ;can be "fallout3" or "newvegas"
master=25.0.254.246 ;master server address, default is: vaultmp.com (can have the format IP:port)
port=1770 ;the port to run the server on, default is: 1770 (UDP for game, TCP for fileserve)
query=1 ;enable direct query, default is: 1
players=4 ;number of player slots, default is: 4
fileserve=1 ;allow users to download required files (such as mods) from the server, default is: 0
save=newvegas\default.fos ;savegame for the players to load (need to be located in the folder "saves")
fileslots=8 ;maximum number of parallel fileserve connnections, default is: 8

[scripts]
;comma seperated list of PAWN / C++ scripts, will be loaded in the given order
;scripts need to be located in the root
scripts=vaultscript.dll

It's your own choose for using a old version of VaultMP, don't expect anyone to support you.

"The latest version that supported New Vegas gary 2.7 is no longer online. There are no binaries anymore. You could compile it from source, but it's no recommended. There were several unresolved issues with Fallout: New Vegas, I doubt you would have any joy with it."