View Full Version : Mods?

Aeroeath
03-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Hello, i was wondering how to use mods in game, i have the mods i want to use in a mod folder. what do i have to do to the vaultserver.ini?

Tomo
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
You should be able to use mods locally the same way you use mods in single player, at a guess.

If you mean a sort of automatic download to people connecting to the server, I don't think that's possible at the moment.

Aeroeath
03-07-2012, 04:10 PM
[mods]
;comma seperated list of mod files required to play on this server
;mods need to be located in the folder "mods", which is the games "Data" folder clientside
;mods will be loaded in the given order
;mods=mymod.esp

It says something about a list of the mods so it can put it into the game but i dont understand where i make or put this list of mods.

Tomo
03-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Huh, must have not noticed that when I set up a server once. No idea sorry.

Volumed
03-08-2012, 10:36 AM
The list is not important it's something for future releases if you install mods your friend don't have the game will still work but you will see things what you friend will not see because there is no sync.

7deer7
03-15-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't understand your explaination... please, how do I install mods, so they WORK on my own vaultserver? I have the fallout goty steam version, and everything else except installing mods is working perfect.

Volumed
03-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't understand your explaination... please, how do I install mods, so they WORK on my own vaultserver? I have the fallout goty steam version, and everything else except installing mods is working perfect.

If you install the same mods you friend have it will work. The list is for future releases not important.

7deer7
03-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Don't think you understood me there. I have the mods installed for my singleplayer version, that lies in the installed steam games folder, I have the same mods put in the "vaultserver mods folder", but the mods doesn't even work for me... How to install them so they work?

If you have a step-by-step guide, I'd be greatful.

Volumed
03-15-2012, 11:38 PM
"vaultserver mods folder" You don't have to make a vaultserver mods folder you have to install them for single player.

"but the mods doesn't even work for me... How to install them so they work?" You don't know how to install mods? ... Please, use google.. I'm not going to give you the fish.

7deer7
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
That's what I did. I have installed my mods using the fallout mod manager, and they work perfectly in single player, why doesn't anyone of them work in multiplayer?

Is there like a script in the vaultmp settings that shows the location of where the mods are supposed to be, that I can change or?

Volumed
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
That's what I did. I have installed my mods using the fallout mod manager, and they work perfectly in single player, why doesn't anyone of them work in multiplayer?

Is there like a script in the vaultmp settings that shows the location of where the mods are supposed to be, that I can change or?

No, i do not believe so, because the DCLS works perfect for me and they are not in any list are you sure?

7deer7
03-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Is there a way we can chat about this?

- Yes I am sure.

But however my fallout game seems to be a little bugged. When I launch it throughout steam, and click the data button, it says nothing is installed, but when I check in FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager) It says everything is installed, and then when I launch through fose, everything really is installed.

Volumed
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
That is indeed the problem, please follow a tut on how to install mods for fallout or a video tut because that is not good.

You can join the chat but don't leave in 3 sec if you don't get a answer we are no bots.

7deer7
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I think that will fix itself by reinstalling Fallout 3 game of the year edition, correct?

Btw, all I get from chat is a big blue screen, no place to write or read. But thanks for your replies.

foxtacles
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Mod support is not fully integrated yet. What you can do is the following:

[mods]
;comma seperated list of mod files required to play on this server
;mods need to be located in the folder "mods", which is the games "Data" folder clientside
;mods will be loaded in the given order
;mods=mymod.esp

(remove the leading ";" from the last line, otherwise it's ignored)

So locate your vaultserver.exe, create a folder "mods" there and put mod files in that folder (you need to know which the required mod files are, often it's a ESP file), and enter the filenames in the vaultserver.ini, separated by commas. Those files will be required to play on that server; the files you listed need to be in the clients "Data" folder.

If you enable file transfering in your vaultserver.ini settings, mod files can be downloaded. But that's a little bugged too :(

Volumed
03-16-2012, 03:24 PM
If you start the game for single player your mods work or not?

7deer7
03-16-2012, 03:34 PM
they work.

Volumed
03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Nevermind, yea you told me that.. Hmm, that is strange.. Try what Recy said maybe that works but it's buggy.

foxtacles
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Yep, vaultmp enables only the mods which are linked to the server. If a mod is not registered with the server, it's not being loaded (so players can't run their own personal mods, server has to allow them explicitly, this will be improved later on)

7deer7
03-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks, Recycler. I hope you are right, because I somehow happened to be re-installing my fallout :S

Have a nice day.

7deer7
03-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I have quick question. I haven't tested this or anything. Mods that require FOSE, are they to be installed the same way you just said before, or is there a special way for them?

Volumed
03-16-2012, 08:09 PM
No the same way. Some mods only ask for the script extender because of the scripts in the mod itself.

Tomo
03-16-2012, 11:48 PM
FOSE mods (should, if they are made properly) just not run if FOSE isn't installed. Installed in the same way.

7deer7
03-17-2012, 03:36 PM
So, me and my friends happened to plan a lan weekend with this fallout 3 vaultmp mod.... Here is my report:

We all played it like usual fallout 3.. But we saw each other like a guy named "name" who stood still, and did nothing... We even tried killing these NAME guys, and none of us died....

Is that known? or... Well, it confused me quite a lot.

foxtacles
03-17-2012, 03:39 PM
The mod is not ready for playing yet, it's an unstable work-in-progress alpha snapshot ;)

7deer7
03-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Is there a date on when it should be ready? Btw, fose mods doesn't work on it.. I tested that with Enclave Commander, and had to use one that didn't require fose..

Houstin
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Is there a date on when it should be ready? Btw, fose mods doesn't work on it.. I tested that with Enclave Commander, and had to use one that didn't require fose..

there is no release date or anything decided yet, because this is a undermanned open source project and the developers aren't getting paid

things will start rolling along nicely when the next milestone is reached though

StarFoxFan11
12-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Hi, new here. Anyways, I'm trying to go for the Alton, IL mod but the vaultserver won't recognize it. Too early for this mod or am I doing something wrong?

Volumed
12-05-2012, 07:18 AM
VaultMP does not support mods in this stage.