View Full Version : sendto failed with code -1 for char 5 and length 1464

Jobbard
04-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi sorry if i am posting in the wrong section.. I am trying desperatly to setup this over the LAN with my mate, ive entered my IP into the 2 files. when i run the vaultserverd.exe it keeps spamming " sendto failed with code -1 for char 5 and length 1464 " does anyone know what i am doing wrong? in the vaultmaster.exe window it still just says Initializing Raknet...

Volumed
04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Try to follow my tut: https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?373-How-to-great-a-server-master-server-with-hamachi-tut&highlight=hamachi

Jobbard
04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reply, but i already went over your tutorial 5x yesterday and no change. Its not trying to connect to the IP address that i enter in both the .ini files. it tries to connect to some random one, i actually saw the same IP on another post on this forum that some guy mentioned his trying to connect to also instead of the one he entered. Its not really a hard tutorial to follow, it explains exactly what to do but for some reason it just doesnt want to know :(

Volumed
04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Maybe a firewall or a virus scanner is blocking it, try to turn it off.

Jobbard
04-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I apologise for wasting your time.. i feel like a total tool.. i hadn't moved the vaultserver.ini file into the windows folder :-( sorry again. it works now