View Full Version : Single player, not multiplayer...

Megolas
04-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I recently installed vault tec, as i tried to play it with my brother, we simply couldnt find each other in the map, even when standing in the exact same spot, and the server browser showed there are 2 players in the server we held. Any ideas?

Volumed
04-07-2012, 11:48 AM
1. Make sure you created the server right(You can never be sure so do it again).
2. Go to hamachi and look if it do not give a error and if you got a direct tunnel with your brother.
3. Make sure you use a clean game(I recommend to rein-install your game always if you did not and for your brother.) without DLCS or mods.

^^ If this did not work.

VaultMP is still really buggy and there will come a update soon! :-)

Megolas
04-07-2012, 02:52 PM
1. Make sure you created the server right(You can never be sure so do it again).
2. Go to hamachi and look if it do not give a error and if you got a direct tunnel with your brother.
3. Make sure you use a clean game(I recommend to rein-install your game always if you did not and for your brother.) without DLCS or mods.

^^ If this did not work.

VaultMP is still really buggy and there will come a update soon! :-)
We played with all DLCs, also were not on hamachi, were using local (LAN) IP and we can spot each other in the server browser... Sure DLCs are a problem?

Volumed
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Make sure you did everything right again test other ways like Hamachi. It can be i'm not sure but there is testing for and if you do not like testing why in the hell did you install vaultmp:-D.

Megolas
04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Didn't work, any other ideas?

Volumed
04-11-2012, 10:19 AM
No there is no official fix for this problem, the current version is not a release it's really buggy for some people it works for some people it do not. Unfair world -_('.')_-.

But in other topic when i try to help somebody with this problem, i notice it's maybe related to the internet speed that is not fast enough wireless.

markuz008
04-11-2012, 04:23 PM
i never got chance to play myself (couldnt find anywhere servers nor couldnt make own server) but you deffinately should have both same version of the game... and NVSE/FOSE, not sure about Hamachi but id say its recommended right now in early mod stage.

so, uninstall game, and install again in fresh new made folder in both computers, patch it to latest version(probably needs same .exe too, so no different cracks or anything), make hamachi session, put NVSE(FOSE for Fallout 3) into both computers New Vegas(or Fallout 3) folder. uncheck every mod/dlc in game's launcher and leave only fallout.esm(game's default) and make server. see if that works... you can try backup in both computers fallout settings somewhere, and let game create new ones. (such files as Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini if i remember correct) theyre located for me in "C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV"

Megolas
04-11-2012, 05:22 PM
i never got chance to play myself (couldnt find anywhere servers nor couldnt make own server) but you deffinately should have both same version of the game... and NVSE/FOSE, not sure about Hamachi but id say its recommended right now in early mod stage.

so, uninstall game, and install again in fresh new made folder in both computers, patch it to latest version(probably needs same .exe too, so no different cracks or anything), make hamachi session, put NVSE(FOSE for Fallout 3) into both computers New Vegas(or Fallout 3) folder. uncheck every mod/dlc in game's launcher and leave only fallout.esm(game's default) and make server. see if that works... you can try backup in both computers fallout settings somewhere, and let game create new ones. (such files as Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini if i remember correct) theyre located for me in "C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV"

We both have the exact same version and save exe and everything...