View Full Version : Questing ?

MaxHarryson
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I´ve asked this question before, but I cant find in which thread i asked it in:

Will questing be disabled , thus making it impossible to Co-op F3 or FNv?

Tomo
04-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Due to the way the engine works, I'm pretty sure at least some quests would be broken by default. But, there should be some fairly simple fixes for a lot of quests too. It should also be possible to add new quests specifically designed for more than one person, something I personally intend to work on when I get some free time after my exams. If I remember, I'll write up a bit more explaining this all in more detail later.

tl;dr - Stuff will probably be broken, but it's not impossible to fix or add more quests.

MaxHarryson
04-13-2012, 10:01 PM
If questing will be availible then quest should defenately be shared, to make co op easier and reduce glitchyness with items and such

Jamy555
04-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I agree. It should be similar to Dead Island's co-op quest system. :)

CTCCoco
04-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I think this should focus atm on full multiplayer without V.A.T.S. and these singleplayer things which can cause too much troubles.

MaxHarryson
04-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Personally i think that co op would be much nicer as it would allow you to play trought the epicness of the Fo3/nv story with ur best bro/hoe as your companion, something ive been wanting to do since i first played oblivion waaaaaaaay back in ´06 or ´07 or somthing.
I think that focus should be Stability and functionality>Co op>additional content

CTCCoco
04-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Personally i think that co op would be much nicer as it would allow you to play trought the epicness of the Fo3/nv story with ur best bro/hoe as your companion, something ive been wanting to do since i first played oblivion waaaaaaaay back in ´06 or ´07 or somthing.
I think that focus should be Stability and functionality>Co op>additional content

I think this mod is focus on Multiplayer, not co-op, which is different. That´s why the scripting capabilities.

MaxHarryson
04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Define multiplayer ? Such as open world multiplayer or deathmatch multiplayer ?

Volumed
04-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Define multiplayer ? Such as open world multiplayer or deathmatch multiplayer ?

You see it wrong, VaultMP is a open source multiplayer mod. The community can do with the mod what he/she want. So if a person want to make a role play server you can do that, pvp server, deatchmatch or coop and many more the idea is too not stick with one thing.
Recy is only going to make the multiplayer stable that is all nothing more the rest is too the community.

Aeronix
04-22-2012, 09:35 AM
You see it wrong, VaultMP is a open source multiplayer mod. The community can do with the mod what he/she want. So if a person want to make a role play server you can do that, pvp server, deatchmatch or coop and many more the idea is too not stick with one thing.
Recy is only going to make the multiplayer stable that is all nothing more the rest is too the community.
This.
This mod isn't a co-op modification for the Fallout Series.
The server script can control how the server runs but, I do not think that this wont be implemented (a feature to enable co-op).

Volumed
04-22-2012, 01:01 PM
This.
This mod isn't a co-op modification for the Fallout Series.
The server script can control how the server runs but, I do not think that this wont be implemented (a feature to enable co-op).

Hmm, accauly the native game with the multiplayer mod and without other mods/scripts will be coop "normal gameplay with help" but maybe the quests are broken and you need mods/scripts to fix it but it's still native.

Dantiko
04-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Well, the game is designed to be single-player, you can have some companions though, but quests would be too easy if not played on hardest difficulty while on co-op.

MaxHarryson
04-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Well, the game is designed to be single-player, you can have some companions though, but quests would be too easy if not played on hardest difficulty while on co-op.

I dont know if anyone here has played half life 2 co op with synergy, but they basicly made twice the NPCs spawn, which sucked, as it took away the well-made-ness of the game.
Theoreticly, it would still be a bit of a challange as there is no VATS.
If you are going to play NV and you meet cassadores....

Volumed
04-22-2012, 03:03 PM
I dont know if anyone here has played half life 2 co op with synergy, but they basicly made twice the NPCs spawn, which sucked, as it took away the well-made-ness of the game.
Theoreticly, it would still be a bit of a challange as there is no VATS.
If you are going to play NV and you meet cassadores....

Yes in half life 2 but did you ever play with the monster mod for fallout 3 and nv?

I never use VATS, i personally believe it takes away the balanced single player combat gameplay with a unrealistic benefit. Cassadores a challenge Common really? Learn to aim. VATS will ruin the multiplayer gameplay and it's only good for whine baby's without skills.

Tomo
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't see any viable way for VATS to work in multi player. Luckily (at least, for me), free aiming in New Vegas was a lot better than in Fallout 3.

Now I've not tested any of what I'm about to say in VaultMP, I'm just speaking from my knowledge of modding single player. So, I may be wrong. Anyway, the basic way quests work in the Fallout engine is something along the lines of -

Quest start -> Quest waits until certain conditions are met -> Quest moves onto next stage -> Repeat until quest ends

The conditions needed can be more or less anything. Many are something along the lines of "kill X" or "kill Y number of X", or "collect X". These conditions can only be triggered by one player, and as such wouldn't by default work for co-op. There are ways to fix that, though. Other conditions might be something like "go to co-ordinates X Y". As long as everyone involved is at the same point in a quest, these should work just fine without any changes. There are a huge number of conditions and checks involved with quests, so some of them will probably work with more than one player by default, and some will probably won't. There should be ways to fix a lot of the ones that don't work, by editing the quests in various ways. I'll have to look into this more to see what exactly is possible, or at least to get some ideas down. Once I have some free time I'll see if I can get some screenshots to help explain all this better.

Again, I am writing that purely from a basic understanding of how VaultMP works and knowledge of single player mods, not from actual tests, so don't take what I say as fact. If I had a way to I'd test it myself, but I'm without my laptop until mid summer so I'm a bit stuck until then.

rowanos
08-20-2012, 12:01 AM
I really hope the quests won't be too much of a problem to get to work.
I'd really love to play fallout coop with my friend I think that's the only thing what i didn't like about fallout

Xolitude
08-20-2012, 11:40 PM
People can make quests and such in G.E.C.K.