View Full Version : Introduce yourselves and welcome new members here!

Volumed
04-16-2012, 06:52 PM
tell us a bit about yourselves.

(Also for old members)

Hello,

i'm Alexander 18 years from the Netherlands i follow a study DTP(Desktop publishing) to become a designer, but i want to go further in the web design i know the languages HTML, PHP and Javascript. I know some things about animating in flash the full adobe pack actually.
My hobby's are gaming drinking beer with friends and yeah all the things i told^^ and my music styl is punk-rock and metal.

I joined the VaultMP community because i love the idea of the project and i believe in this project and Recycler. Because of this i spent a lot of time in it it's like a investment. I try to help everyone in every way and my dream is to be the part of it to get this community big(Hope full with a lot of nice people) and to keep the project alive.

So that is me who are you?

foxtacles
04-17-2012, 12:27 AM
So, I consider myself an old member :D

I'm 19 years old, and I've been programming for...very long time now. Currently studying computer science (somewhat boring, I know most stuff already), working as a software engineer. I prefer machine-oriented languages, like C and C++, and assembly languages. I deal with networking, reverse engineering, and some hacking in general. I'm excellent at writing in my native language (German), I played the violin and the flute for some years. I almost exclusively listen to 8bit, chiptunes and demoscene music. I have Asperger syndrome, therefore have some other 'special' traits.

:cool:

CTCCoco
04-22-2012, 01:41 AM
(old member too?)

I´m 18 years old, I´ve been scripting (or programming?) since 2008 and I know Pawn, LUA, Warband Module System(Python), PHP, MySQL and I hope someday I´ll start to learn c++ and c. I´m studying History at the university and I´m currently working on a Mount & Blade: Warband "huge" mod. I have experience with SA-MP, Garry´s Mod, MTA:SA, PHP jobs (i.e. professional control panels for gamehosting bussiness), etc. All I know / will know from programming, computers etc was and will be autodidact and I won´t study this at the university since I´m studing History.

It's interesting to see how many skilled programmers suffer the Asperger syndrome... (Adrian Lamo and blablalbal). I don't really know if I have it or not, but the symptoms scared me haha, so I have never done a test to know that.

I think this will be awesome and I want to make a huge gamemode of this when this is ready :)

Volumed
04-22-2012, 01:15 PM
(old member too?)

I´m 18 years old, I´ve been scripting (or programming?) since 2008 and I know Pawn, LUA, Warband Module System(Python), PHP, MySQL and I hope someday I´ll start to learn c++ and c. I´m studying History at the university and I´m currently working on a Mount & Blade: Warband "huge" mod. I have experience with SA-MP, Garry´s Mod, MTA:SA, PHP jobs (i.e. professional control panels for gamehosting bussiness), etc. All I know / will know from programming, computers etc was and will be autodidact and I won´t study this at the university since I´m studing History.

It's interesting to see how many skilled programmers suffer the Asperger syndrome... (Adrian Lamo and blablalbal). I don't really know if I have it or not, but the symptoms scared me haha, so I have never done a test to know that.

I think this will be awesome and I want to make a huge gamemode of this when this is ready :)

Oh, i did not notice it you're CTCCoco from the taleworlds community how interesting. I'm a big fan from mount and blade. Napoleonic Wars is so awesome! I'm a proud member from the 84e.

hunterj24
05-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi from Toronto, Canada.

I've done a variety of computer programming currently I'm teaching myself to program MySQL and PHP, planning to also go to school to get a diploma or maybe an Oracle/DBA cert. Really interested in web-based client server database stuff, and I love games.

I saw a post on Bethesda forums about you needing SQL help so that interested me. If there's some way I can be of help, I'm in.

Volumed
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi from Toronto, Canada.

I've done a variety of computer programming currently I'm teaching myself to program MySQL and PHP, planning to also go to school to get a diploma or maybe an Oracle/DBA cert. Really interested in web-based client server database stuff, and I love games.

I saw a post on Bethesda forums about you needing SQL help so that interested me. If there's some way I can be of help, I'm in.

Welcome hunterj24!

Aah, a web programmer if you read my post you are not the only one. ^^ ;-) But i'm more a freelancer.

But about the SQL i'm going to tell it easy. If you know MySQL only for web database you don't know where to start in a gaming platform. << and that is what we need.

Leonie
06-22-2012, 08:36 AM
just saying hello.

Genocyber
06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Now that Im back should probably introduce myself aswell :)

Turned 25 last month, getting old now! Studied Graphic design, Advertising and Illustration BA (Hons) a while back, then dropped out 2 years into the course after discovering it was 95% Advertising. Ugh. Since then Ive been working as a free lance graphic designer and have almost finished setting up a indie streetwear company.

Have become a fairly competent 3d artist over the years, using mainly Blender for modelling and uvmapping/unwrapping, then 3DS Max 2009, 2012 for re-rigging and finally Photoshop CS4 for texturing. For a few years now Ive been a heavy Fallout NV modder but now Im more interested in indie game development, so Ive to get acquainted with UDK3.

It was when I was modding NV that I met Recycler on youtube last year, looking to collaborate with my mod at the time, and promote Vaultmp for him, ending up here with this small yet great community was just the natural progression ^^

BEEFYpWnGe
07-22-2012, 01:16 PM
I am a total newb at all programming and scripting. I just believe in this mod alot. I am dying to play it with my friend. We are both Fallout fan boys and love the idea of Fallout New Vegas Multiplayer. I see there are already about 200/300 people interested in this mod and there be alot more after this is spread around. Please, please, please continue with this mod and improve it. I have many suggestions as I am a long term player and can tell you what I want out of this mod.

Volumed
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
So many new faces and nobody introduce himself.

AHrEJl
09-11-2012, 10:47 PM
:) Dont like introduce self, internet plays without names, borders and lines. We are the ones who we are. For us, not the name says, not status, not the experience, but the work that we have done. Sorry, I do not like to boast :)

Sorry about my bad english, hope u understood what i mean.

Volumed
09-12-2012, 05:37 AM
Or you got nothing special to say against all the great people that already introduce here. :-P
No I´m kidding, everyone is different. But it´s not because of a boast and I do not agree that the internet plays without names yeah maybe in the DOSS time but now in the social media time not anymore. Or a boast? To put feathers in my own ass? No, I just want to tell people about myself and maybe I can help people out with that I got nothing to hide.

But welcome!

remm
09-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello. My name is Mikhail (Mikle), 24 years old, I am living in Kiev, Ukraine and working as a system administrator of Unix and Windows systems.

Hello to all! :)

Genocyber
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Hello. My name is Mikhail (Mikle), 24 years old, I am living in Kiev, Ukraine and working as a system administrator of Unix and Windows systems.

Hello to all! :)

Hello remm, or should I say Mikle, welcome to the forums :)

webmanix
11-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Hey ^^ Carlos, 20, Brazil.

Curious since always, apprentice since 2003+-, developer since 2005 now on college (Computer science, yeah, its crap for me, the goal there should be learning '-' but i kinda give classes).

Like trance, has a girlfriend, gonna be dad and a lover of the good things (an old scotch and a good smoke). I Speak portuguese and english but i know some of spanish and a few words of a few other languages (im just fascinated by other languages, specially latin and chinese).

Game lover since always, everything i know about computers today are thanks to my games (i started cheating games) shortly after learning how things worked in the computer, i started learning pascal, shortly jumped to delphi and after that assembly itself (to be able to create complex code changes) and now in college i got introduced to C/C++, but syntax is quite easy and i basically give classes about it to higher grade students '-'.

Was searching the internet for some fallout 3/nv mod for multiplayer because of a friend and now im here to help finish this project =D

roby65
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey ^^ Carlos, 20, Brazil.

Curious since always, apprentice since 2003+-, developer since 2005 now on college (Computer science, yeah, its crap for me, the goal there should be learning '-' but i kinda give classes).

Like trance, has a girlfriend, gonna be dad and a lover of the good things (an old scotch and a good smoke). I Speak portuguese and english but i know some of spanish and a few words of a few other languages (im just fascinated by other languages, specially latin and chinese).

Game lover since always, everything i know about computers today are thanks to my games (i started cheating games) shortly after learning how things worked in the computer, i started learning pascal, shortly jumped to delphi and after that assembly itself (to be able to create complex code changes) and now in college i got introduced to C/C++, but syntax is quite easy and i basically give classes about it to higher grade students '-'.

Was searching the internet for some fallout 3/nv mod for multiplayer because of a friend and now im here to help finish this project =D

Hi Carlos,

welcome!
I am a programmer in the project, i work mainly on the GUI and on the database exports. (from the ESM)
You remember a little me, i started to learn asm to hack games but now i use it to find out how programs work.
Fallout is an huge game, and a lot has to be discovered about it, and we always need help ;)

Roby

Fallout
12-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Hello, everyone. 23 here, Rhode Island, USA. Never studied or worked on computers, my work is unrelated. But I do dabble around a bit myself. Mostly with cracks. Fallout is one of my favorite game series, willing to learn a bit so I can help out, just wanna get any kind of Fallout Multiplayer up and running. A good suggestion would be to add a page or tab somewhere that really explains exactly what your site is about. I just stumbled onto it.

Volumed
12-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Hello, everyone. 23 here, Rhode Island, USA. Never studied or worked on computers, my work is unrelated. But I do dabble around a bit myself. Mostly with cracks. Fallout is one of my favorite game series, willing to learn a bit so I can help out, just wanna get any kind of Fallout Multiplayer up and running. A good suggestion would be to add a page or tab somewhere that really explains exactly what your site is about. I just stumbled onto it.

Welcome! The wiki does have all the information you need to know: https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php

Chris018
02-16-2013, 07:49 AM
I would like to introduce my self. My name is Chris and I am 21.

I have been following the development without saying much at all and I would like to start off saying I love the work being done here and I have had some fun playing with Gary 2. I am really excited about the next release of the vaultmp and was wondering what I could do to offer my help. My C++ is rusty, (Do mostly Java in day job so i could pick up C++ again) but if there was a specific task I could maybe jump on to assist with I could be of some use (instead of looking at the engine as a whole but digging into the internals to learn to apply specific features is more of my strong points :) ) .

KampinKarl
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey. Im Karl, 21 years old, I just saw about this mod and thought i would jump in and say Hey! :D

zant91
03-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Hi, i'm new here, my name is Sergio(zant91) and I'm System administrator for Windows and Unix, I'm not a programmer, but I will try to learn C++, maybe I could help in any way.

AxelMartinez
04-11-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm not the best coder, but I am willing to learn. Hi, this is Nicholas Manuel AKA Axel Martinez. Is this Mod a total conversion of the vanilla package? I'd rather play the game before I get involved with the VTMP Client.

Volumed
04-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not the best coder, but I am willing to learn. Hi, this is Nicholas Manuel AKA Axel Martinez. Is this Mod a total conversion of the vanilla package? I'd rather play the game before I get involved with the VTMP Client.

Hello welcome to the forum, I recommend you to read the wiki.

Athyllan
05-21-2013, 04:38 AM
Hello there !

I'm a Under Grad. Student of the Bsc. on Physics and I know some CPP, Java and FORTRAN (LOL) programming. I really want to help with something, just dunno how.

;)

Protagonist
05-23-2013, 08:11 AM
My name, it is protagonist. Well, actually, It's Matt. But Protagonist's my alter-ego. My interests are gaming, game design, law, politics, and every science known to mankind.

cmost98
06-15-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm C.J from Alaska and I'm a fluid fan of the fallout series, I'm very noobish to it and don't know much of the lore. I jumped into Fallout 3 when it hit PS3 and then PC again. My father got the special edition with an old bobblehead, and the lunchbox. I've never finished it but I always end up playing for a few weeks, now I got it on my own PC and I plan to finish it, but after finding this multi-player mod I'm hoping I can have a little more fun in the middle.

JCH6789
07-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi i'm Jordan, i'm 18, i'm from England and I study level 3 games development at college, Fallout 3 was one of my favourite games on the PS3 and i'd been watching the progress of VaultMP for about a year so i thought it was about time i checked it out for myself

Also, does anyone have a server they wouldn't mind letting me join?

BettyTheMale
08-03-2013, 02:18 AM
I am Betty no it's not my real name I just like the name. Why? I have no idea at all just one day started useing it now its stuck.I am a bit new to fourms and this sort of stuff but hope to get used to it because I want to see the progresion of Vault-Tec multiplayer. Also I am bad at spelling. :D

BettyTheMale
08-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Also I can host a fallout 3 hamchi server if anyone just wants to mess around with it.

Fowst
09-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Hey fellas!

I'm Sam from Germany,24 years old, studying history and I've stumbled across this mod because I googled "fallout 3 multiplayer".

I managed several big German SA:MP Servers, the largest of them was called "pure roleplay". We filled 500 player slots in less than a minute at the date of the release. Still, I'm not good at coding but I like to work out the Ideas and think about every possibility that could lead to exploits bugs etc. My work was basically preparing the ideas for the coders to work out - and everything else but coding.

Unfortunately I still got issues with the german steam version of fallout. Can't get worse though.

If any of you wants to team up and you speak proper english you can PN me and I'll invite you to a little teamspeak talk or chat.

greetings

frankpetrov
09-29-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm back! Woohoo!! Glad to see you guys are still working on this. I remember back when this thing only used pawn and then you brought c++ into the mix. Hope to be on here more often. Glad see everyone again.

Kiwi1337
12-23-2013, 10:22 PM
My name is Ljubisa, I'm 17, still in highschool, I live in Macedonia.
I'm pretty much your average gamer, play most of the games, tho I've been addicted to SA-MP since 2007, with a few breaks. I'm an administrator on a community called Project Gaming, got the link from a friend of mine over there.
I'm an average mapper, know C++, thinking of teaching myself Java. I dunno.
I am very excited for this, when I first heard about it my jaw dropped to the ground.
Anyways, that's about it. See you guys around. Will check on progress very often.

foxtacles
12-27-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm an average mapper, know C++, thinking of teaching myself Java. I dunno.

https://fuch.si/eV

tagtag
02-08-2014, 03:40 PM
An old time SA-MP player, expecting great things of this, Post-Apocalyptic RP is best RP, done that on so many platforms (LARP, SAMP, Mc-RP). I know a bit of scripting and programming, not too much, definitely not enough. GFX is my thing.

MassDivide
02-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Avid Pawn Scripter, SA-MP roleplay dev, MySQL nut and all around nerd. Ohai.
Owner of the Fallout 3 Roleplay for Obelisk Gaming

DangerousAl
02-11-2014, 05:48 PM
As of today I've been apart of VaultMP's forum for 2 years, but I never got around to introducing myself. I'm not a programmer, scripter or coder, just an avid gamer like most. I've been watching this project evolve for a while, and can't express how happy I am to see it in it's current state and also wanted to thank Foxtacles and the rest of the guys for all the work they've done here. Hello, and take care!