View Full Version : Fallout New Vegas MP problems.

SubatomicHamster
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Right so here is the full story (it stops me from spamming Volumed,s thread (as the guide is really helpful and easy to follow :D check it out --->https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?373-How-to-create-a-server-master-server-with-hamachi-tut) any way so i guess this time last week I found this mod, installed it, set up a server etc, and it all seemed to work, however once my friend has re installed his copy of fallout so we could play, he tried to join but he received an error message (first attachment) I tried to find the cause in the log but i really couldn't find anything specific. so i re installed everything, changed my hamachi id (along with all the server files), this appeared to work as the error has stopped today, however when he joins, the vaultserver tells me he keeps disconnecting. I dont really know why, do i need to resend my default.fos or what? any way thanks for all your help so far, i hope to have it again. :D
PS. i do know its alpha so know that there will be errors (just I am an idiot and would love to know how, if, i can get the server working?)
PPS. I do have the ultimate edition and he has the normal? (i don't know whether that's the issue?)
PPPS. (I'm an idiot :P

Thanks guys,
Subatomic, Joe :D

Volumed
04-18-2012, 07:55 PM
"your default.fos" You made your own? I do not recommend that.

So you can join the server without problems?

"ultimate edition and he has the normal?" No but you can put all the DLCs off.

SubatomicHamster
04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
1. I used the new aleksandra installer to replace my default.fos :P
2. I (according to the logs) have no problems when i play on it/ join
3.How do i remove the DLC's?

Volumed
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
1. There is the problem aleksandra hehe aleksandra good one. :-P Naah, it's the same default.fos from the zip that is good but try to do it manual with the zip.
2. Ok good, so your friend or the server is the problem.
3. You do not know how to disable and enable mods? It's in the game launcer data file disable everything only not the fallout.esm.

SubatomicHamster
04-18-2012, 10:25 PM
hmmm well ill try to do the zip then, and all the mods are turned off (according to data files yet the messages still appear.) but ill triple check i guess :P ty so much.

SubatomicHamster
04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
ok just tried to join and according to vault master i was disconnected as well :/ if that helps :P

Volumed
04-19-2012, 07:38 AM
You know what we do, i don't believe the update (first release actually) will take really long anymore and that you wait for it. ;)
This revision (not a release) is so unstable..

So post things in the offtopic help the community to be online. :-)

SubatomicHamster
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Ok will do, thank you soo much for your help, i hope the next release will work. And if not i will wait for this awesome mod, thanks again Volumed and anyone else.
Subatomic, Joe.

SubatomicHamster
04-19-2012, 08:32 PM
According to my friend this:
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Game process missing, shutting down
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Receive thread is going to terminate
is still a problem any help out there? *or is it just cause its alpha?)
I know this is an old log :P

olirant
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
According to my friend this:
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Game process missing, shutting down
[2012-04-14 18:26:58] Receive thread is going to terminate
is still a problem any help out there? *or is it just cause its alpha?)
I know this is an old log :P

I'm the friend. Half the time my New Vegas doesn't open, it merely pops up with an error saying Lost Connection to interface. When it does open it crashes quickly. That part of the log seems to be the key issue, but my New Vegas is there and works fine on its own.

Volumed
04-19-2012, 09:45 PM
The interface error is a know bug.. I do not know how to fix it. :l

SubatomicHamster
04-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Ok thank you so much (again) for your help Volumed :D, hopefully it will be fixed in the coming revisions :P

Volumed
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Versions. ;-)