View Full Version : Unsupported version / Stand-Alone server

taCqila
06-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello,

I was looking for a solution to play FA:NV together with my friends online and was pointed to vaultmp.
But now I have some questions. I read the wiki and used the board search but I didn't found a solution.

I bought Fallout New Vegas via Steam, I downloaded the latest version of VaultMp and I extracted the latest version of NVSE.

When I try to start the vaultmp.exe it says that my version of Fallout New Vegas is not supported.
Are there any restrictions using the (up-to-date) Steam version?

Another question:

I own some dedicated windows servers. Can I use a dedicated server without a Fallout installation as mp-server / master-server? Would be very useful to provide a 24/7 online server.

Greetings from Germany!

foxtacles
06-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Hello,

vaultmp (currently) doesn't support the German cut version. You'll need to use an uncut patch, or at least put the uncut executable of the game in-place (I never tried if that will work). I'll add support for the cut version some time later.

You can use a dedicated server without having Fallout installed; the official master server hosted at vaultmp.com is down at the moment, so you will also need to host a master server, but that's possible without Fallout as well (on both Windows / Unix machines)

Volumed
06-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Recy beat me!! :P

Fallout: New Vegas
Official patch v1.4.0.525
New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) - https://nvse.silverlock.org/

VaultMP is not compatible with the no-gore (cut) versions of the games released in Germany.

It should work.

Yes, you can host servers without the game installed.

Greetings back from the Netherlands. ;-)

taCqila
06-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Thank you,

I will wait for the FA:NV uncut support.

VaultMP is not compatible with the no-gore (cut) versions of the games released in Germany.

It should work.
That's a little bit confusing ;)

Volumed
06-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Thank you,

I will wait for the FA:NV uncut support.

That's a little bit confusing ;)

There is a enter between so it's a other sentence, i meant with that it should work with steam.