View Full Version : Need some Help Here

Hkusus
08-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Hello everybody,
I have a few questions about the Fallout 3 MP, because I think my game doesn't work properly :-\

1. Every time I load the game, I have to click the default save (default.fos) in order to play. Is that normal? (Because I've heard someone say that the save will load automatically)
2. Every time I loaded the Default save, The character, Silver, in Springvale ranch is still alive when I killed her before. :o
I don't know if it is my game or the syncing. :-\
3. Although other players are present in the "vaultmp wasteland test server". However, I have never encounter other players. ??? (wasteland is too big ::)) Can you guys tell where you will be normally. ;D

Any help is appreciated! :)

(Sorry for my bad English!)

shorun
08-08-2011, 12:57 PM
well, you can join the hamachi network and try to meet with someone, it's easy compared to forum meeting.

and yes, the default savefile should auto-load, the fact it doesnt aint right.
about the killing silver issue, did you save your char? if you dont save then she wont be dead.
Allso, atm npc/quest/creature sync aint done yet, and recycler is trying to fix the chatbox thing.

Dantiko
08-08-2011, 06:09 PM
make sure u did everything right, the saves folder inside the program and files/Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3 and the default there, it auto-loads the game, and if you are going to quit, save the game on the default save, I found a guy in the wasteland once, I killed him his name was Nova.He never moved.

Hkusus
08-09-2011, 04:51 AM
well, you can join the hamachi network and try to meet with someone, it's easy compared to forum meeting.

about the killing silver issue, did you save your char? if you dont save then she wont be dead.
Allso, atm npc/quest/creature sync aint done yet, and recycler is trying to fix the chatbox thing.

Oh, thanks for your help!
I've just found the post about your server, but I don't know how to connect I really want to test the mod with someone.
Can you please tell me how to connect? :) (I've already search vaultmp wiki)

Hkusus
08-09-2011, 05:05 AM
make sure u did everything right, the saves folder inside the program and files/Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3 and the default there, it auto-loads the game, and if you are going to quit, save the game on the default save, I found a guy in the wasteland once, I killed him his name was Nova.He never moved.

Thank you, Dantiko. So I have to put my Saves Folder with default.fos inside the one same as Fallout 3 vaultmp.exe? I've tried it but it doesn't auto-loads :/
if not can you teach me how? :D

shorun
08-09-2011, 07:13 PM

I've just found the post about your server, but I don't know how to connect I really want to test the mod with someone.

you could not connect to the hamachi or to the server?
if you are on the hamachi you can allways start the chat (when ppl are on) and ask for help
that's what it is for.

Hkusus
08-10-2011, 05:44 AM

you could not connect to the hamachi or to the server?
if you are on the hamachi you can allways start the chat (when ppl are on) and ask for help
that's what it is for.

I could connect to the master server but I don't know how to connect others' servers. :(

shorun
08-10-2011, 01:12 PM
set the server to report itself to the master vaultmp server. you will be added to the list, easy way to join as client without tinkering to much.