View Full Version : Hey, Can Some One Please Help Me With This? :)

benroyko
07-02-2012, 01:55 AM
So I have tried playing vaultmp with new vegas and fallout 3 and whenever I am done with all of the installing and I get vaultmaster, vault server, and then vault mp up it works fine. but after I get past the master query and then sync I try to join. As soon as I see the black screen for the game to load it crashes. I have no other mods to the game that would be effecting this.

I realize this game is in .1 alpha so im not trying to bash or say that it should be completely working

I was just wondering if any one has had this problem and has been able to fix it because my friend can go online fine its just not working well with me thats all :/

help would be greatly appreciated
thanks.

Genocyber
07-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Is your version of the game from a torrent? Also, do you have the latest patch installed?

benroyko
07-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Is your version of the game from a torrent? Also, do you have the latest patch installed?

I got the game Legit From steam, I updated to the latest version for fallout 3 and new vegas, both dont work
I did not get the version of my game from a torrent

Edit: I also have the most recent gary .1a version for vault mp

Silentfood
07-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Make sure steam isn't validating the files before startup, this can overwrite any changed you may have made to the game's client.

benroyko
07-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Make sure steam isn't validating the files before startup, this can overwrite any changed you may have made to the game's client.

And how do I make it so steam does not mess with the files? Sorry if thats a stupid quesiton