View Full Version : VaultMP Bandwidth Usage?

Bloc97
08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
For the current snapshot, what whould be the used bandwidth (in mbps) for 1 person?
And what would be the bandwidth used for a master server for Receiving announces from one server? (also in mpbs)

I would like to host a 24/7 Master server and a gameplay server, but I wouldn't do it unless I know the average bandwidth usage. Since I am already hosting a other server and have only a little bandwidth to spare.

If you guys can tell, what would be the bandwidth usage of the future Gary 2 snapshot?

-Thanks in advance,
Bloc97

Volumed
08-15-2012, 03:33 PM
VaultMP is a alpha, we don't know how many players can be hold by one server. VaultMP is still to unstable for big 24/7 servers. Ofcourse you can host one but I do not recommend it.

Bloc97
08-15-2012, 04:31 PM
VaultMP is a alpha, we don't know how many players can be hold by one server. VaultMP is still to unstable for big 24/7 servers. Ofcourse you can host one but I do not recommend it.
Yes, I know that there may be some limitations in the server/client system, but I would like to know the RAW average bandwidth usage both for the game server and the Master-server.

-Thanks again,
Bloc97