View Full Version : Crazy, but real idea. Back to storyline

AHrEJl
09-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I know that now project on very early develoment. Coop now dont work, becouse need synhronyze first npc, players, lan and etc.
But we can do it in parallel. Without full sync.

If we run the storyline in the game, players will be busy. Some games have the opportunity, how would a single game, but at the same time, there is an interaction. In online mode, you can take one and same place in different ways, to transfer items to other players, making competition, make mods for the game, and more. This approach has attracted more people have to this the Online mode, the game. More people - more than willing to help, otherwise the development will last for ages.

Sorry about my bad english, hope u understood what i mean.

Volumed
09-12-2012, 05:30 AM
https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=What+vaultmp+is+-+and+what+it+isnt

Yes, but everyone what you told here is explained in more details there. ^^

AHrEJl
09-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I read wiki before posted this idea. But without large community - developing mod is develop too slowly. Since the early development took about two years, the development of online mod remained at an early stage. We must popularize, and for this we need something to entice players, otherwise they will come and leave forever.

Many players = chance that the development project will help someone. otherwise the project will be developed in more than one year, and until such time as he is finished, he has no one will need.

foxtacles
09-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Well, the only way I can think of is somebody using the current scripting capabilities and starting building an entire game mode. A lot of things can be done already with building blocks such as

https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=NukaScript+Fallout+3

and the scripting features get extended while I develop (last additions: idle animations, syncing of time, weather, age, race and sex with corresponding scripting functions). Just needs somebody who is interested in doing something like that, I don't have the time for it.

Volumed
09-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Ofcourse, you can make games modes what the wiki said it's a part what VaultMP will not do and it's to the community.
But what Recycler said to me is that to get a working multiplayer without crashing(I don't believe you have tested VaultMP yet) he needs a debugger I think that is the most important thing than some scripted games modes/quests that can be made by a person with a little knowledge in a month longer or shorter depends on the job. I am sure the people are there but where Recycler is not really open about is the crashed and I am sure that is the reason that hold scripters to make something massive VaultMP is in the early alpha stages and I am sure in some more stable releases the community and the scripters from it will grow itself.

AHrEJl
09-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Dear dev. Can i ask u, is it possible to somehow enable the storyline? Without full sync.

Volumed
09-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Dear dev. Can i ask u, is it possible to somehow enable the storyline? Without full sync.

What kind of sense makes that? Why? You think you can walk hours with your friend to do the main quest? That is not possible don't you get it!?

AHrEJl
09-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Nope, u dont understood my idea ) not with friend coop, but parralel with chat and some features.

Volumed
09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Nope, u dont understood my idea ) not with friend coop, but parralel with chat and some features.

With chat and some features if there is no sync for it...? You can better make something out of scratch then.

AHrEJl
09-13-2012, 03:03 PM
:) first of all need main storyline for recruite players in online mod, than editing

Volumed
09-13-2012, 03:12 PM
If read your posts a lot of time to understand it and I believe I do.. But It's not possible how do you want to play single player with multiplayer if it can't be saved? There is only a script for items and position but that is all it will remember no quests.

AHrEJl
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Well, the only way I can think of is somebody using the current scripting capabilities and starting building an entire game mode. A lot of things can be done already with building blocks such as

https://www.vaultmp.com/showwiki.php?title=NukaScript+Fallout+3

and the scripting features get extended while I develop (last additions: idle animations, syncing of time, weather, age, race and sex with corresponding scripting functions). Just needs somebody who is interested in doing something like that, I don't have the time for it.

I think dev can return back story, without sync npc(enemy and friendly) on first time, but dont want. Current scripting capabilities cant give us spawn npc(for example from game codes), we can't create quest's and other content for this mod.

Dear dev, if u dont want back story, can u give us some examples how spawn npc and create storyline, quest's?
I think we cant in this build. But... when we can?

foxtacles
09-16-2012, 09:40 PM
I think we cant in this build. But... when we can?

As soon as somebody implemented it.

ArathHunter
09-17-2012, 05:42 AM
I think what he's asking for is the Npcs put back in (and their quests), even though they're not synced. And a load save game feature, like the older builds had, with I'd assume maybe /save which will update that save file that the server uses. So all quests and such would be saved to them personally. Seems simple enough, though I can't remember, but did the game de-sync other players when one of them uses a loaded save? I havn't tried on this build yet, but it worked last time with the build with clothing and armor were synced.

Volumed
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
The npcs are put out because of the reason that they are not sync and also to not give the idea they are. I'm for the idea to keep them out it makes no sense this is multiplayer no single player spawn the non sync npcs to kill you can do the same thing with the GECK! ... Really? Do you think that Recycler put the .FOS out without a reason? I almost want to ask you are you stupid? They are put out because they will never work with multiplayer and it's hard to get them in pieces and sync it to make it server sided it's in every way better that they are put out. Yes if it's ok Recycler will Sync quests "The main goal is to enable players to roam the open worlds of the wastelands and experience all the exciting features of the games online." You can add many better new features if most things are server sided like that you can do quests together and the server knows you are you doing it together like that think about it yourself.

Xolitude
09-18-2012, 12:36 AM
The npcs are put out because of the reason that they are not sync and also to not give the idea they are. I'm for the idea to keep them out it makes no sense this is multiplayer no single player spawn the non sync npcs to kill you can do the same thing with the GECK! ... Really? Do you think that Recycler put the .FOS out without a reason? I almost want to ask you are you stupid? They are put out because they will never work with multiplayer and it's hard to get them in pieces and sync it to make it server sided it's in every way better that they are put out. Yes if it's ok Recycler will Sync quests "The main goal is to enable players to roam the open worlds of the wastelands and experience all the exciting features of the games online." You can add many better new features if most things are server sided like that you can do quests together and the server knows you are you doing it together like that think about it yourself.Wow several things are pointers here to Volumed.... :P

ArathHunter
09-18-2012, 01:01 AM
I don't think you understand what I explained, or what he is trying to tell you. It doesn't matter if the npcs are synced, that the quests are synced, or anything like that. The only thing it seems he wants from VaultMP is to see his buddies running around, doing there own thing, and trade items when they want to. Like what this build already has. All it seems he wants is a non gutted version, would be nice to have as a optional alternative, I've tried myself to try to mess around with the GECK to get back all the npcs, but the VaultMP client knows I've been screwing around with it, and I have no real experience with the GECK to place every single npc and such back to the original setup.

foxtacles
09-18-2012, 02:13 AM
There are countless things in the untouched game which interfere with vaultmp. Any action in the game which vaultmp is not explicitly aware of can cause problems; it is unstable enough already, and not removing all the single player scripts and interactions will lead to more unpredictable stuff.

I might consider an option to disable the aforementioned removal, but vaultmp will never support anything of the singleplayer content. The only realistic plan is to replicate everything server-side. If you want that faster, contribute code. There won't be any support for problems caused by vaultmp in combination with the original ESP stuff.

Volumed
09-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Why Y U?
https://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1704541790/Sem_T_tulo-1.jpg
WANT TO GIVE RECYCLER MORE WORK
If it was a good idea ok.. BUT THIS!

Nasty
09-19-2012, 06:04 AM
I really think this should be kept up to date on code.google.com which is a place where people look to collaborate. The OP was basically saying, - get more people working on the code and to do that you put the code where the coders are.

I know the SAMP team went on to work on JC2MP and I don't know if there is any source coding in that you can get ideas from. ..

here is someone asking for projects to work on -https://forum.unity3d.com/forums/17-Collaboration?

I just googled dev looking for project and got tons of people who just want something to do. There are probably other forums you can pick up coders from.

That was bad example because they use some program to edit but point is there are lots of people who can't think of own projects but want to help.

Nasty
09-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Also should think about those who have ZERO programming knowledge but are interested and maybe running servers and providing feedback. This means precompile things and make the instructions on how to run in a way so that a 3 year old can setup a server.

Think differently.

Volumed
09-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Also should think about those who have ZERO programming knowledge but are interested and maybe running servers and providing feedback. This means precompile things and make the instructions on how to run in a way so that a 3 year old can setup a server.

Think differently.

I believe you are in the wrong topic here.
I have posted on a lot of diffrent programming communities, it's hard to get the right poeple with enough time.
Github is good enough and if somebody really wants to help it should not matter for him/her if it's google code or github.\
I believe it's just a matter of time that the right person(s) find it.

Volumed
09-19-2012, 07:58 AM
I believe you are in the wrong topic here.
I have posted on a lot of diffrent programming communities, it's hard to get the right poeple with enough time.
Github is good enough and if somebody really wants to help it should not matter for him/her if it's google code or github.\
I believe it's just a matter of time that the right person(s) find it.

*Unity is a engine and the people from that forum only want to help with and for that engine.

Oops, wrong buttons I wanted to change my first post.

NeoPhoenix
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Also should think about those who have ZERO programming knowledge
either learn a language yourself with provided tutorials or just play as on a server - some users are providing precompiled scripts and so on but its your turn to modify them

Dantiko
09-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I think this thread is a waste of time.

foxtacles
09-19-2012, 05:54 PM
The key point is that we need contributors who are self-motivated. I don't have time to be the overseer and tell a programmer what to do, how to do it, etc. - for the same reason I don't go to people and ask them to collaborate. Some advertisement in places is fine, but people need to WANT to contribute.

I got tons of mails from programmers who ask to contribute. I sent them an introduction letter to the code and often never got any response back. It doesn't work that way:

'Hey I want to contribute, what should I do?'

If you honestly want to contribute, you'd have easily figured out yourself already.

Dantiko
09-19-2012, 08:23 PM
how about a what to do list?

Volumed
09-19-2012, 08:25 PM
how about a what to do list?
Hmm, https://github.com/Foxtacles/vaultmp/issues?milestone=1&state=open

foxtacles
09-19-2012, 08:46 PM
https://www.vaultmp.com/forumdisplay.php?25-Development-corner