View Full Version : Morrowind

Volumed
09-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes the golden apple of Bethesda Softworks.

I now the game is made with a older version of Gamebryo, but i do not think the changes are that big to make it multiplayer.

So my question is will vault-mp support morrowind?

CTCCoco
09-07-2011, 08:04 PM

I now the game is made with a older version of Gamebryo, but i do not think the changes are that big to make it multiplayer.

This is for Fallout 3 and New vegas... and I think the team would be concentrated on these games.

It's not easy to do this, so you can't tell them to make another multiplayer.

Volumed
09-07-2011, 08:32 PM

This is for Fallout 3 and New vegas... and I think the team would be concentrated on these games.

My friend, you really have to read the news better this is the seconde time you got this..

The next update will be much bigger then previous ones. Therefore it will take some more time (I aim for the 20th 27th this month) :D

Heavily improved sync. Kind of a milestone.
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion support
PAWN update
PAWN scripting functions and callbacks
Player model selection screen (scriptable). Similar to the SA-MP one.
Fallout / TES GUI (scriptable). Show MessageBox etc. to your players.

And another bunch of smaller things ;)

foxtacles
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
I didn't take a look at the engine version of Morrowind yet. If we are very lucky and the essential parts of the engine are the same as in Oblivion - New Vegas, vaultmp may be able to support it.

Volumed
09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I didn't take a look at the engine version of Morrowind yet. If we are very lucky and the essential parts of the engine are the same as in Oblivion - New Vegas, vaultmp may be able to support it.

Tnx you, i hope so. :)

CTCCoco
09-07-2011, 08:46 PM

My friend, you really have to read the news better this is the seconde time you got this..

The next update will be much bigger then previous ones. Therefore it will take some more time (I aim for the 20th 27th this month) :D

PAWN update

I know that, but Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas are the main games... isn't it?

Volumed
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM

PAWN update

I know that, but Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas are the main games... isn't it?

How can i now that you did not tell that in the post, no i do not think so why do they support oblivion else?

CTCCoco
09-07-2011, 09:15 PM

PAWN update

How can i now that you did not tell that in the post, no i do not think so why do they support oblivion else?

Because Oblivion have the same engine, so it's easy to port the mod.

But the mod is called Vault-Tec Multiplayer, and Vault-Tec is from Fallout universe.

al5xander
09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
it would be nice with morrowind multiplayer altough i have not personally played it myself so does it seem very fun as i am a little fan of oblivion and i enjoyed it so do i think i will enjoy morrowind too

Volumed
09-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Morrowind is also made with the Gamebryo engine(fallout 3, new vegas and oblivion are made with that engine) little homework please:)... Ok i understand that but they also support oblivion so why not morrowind.

CTCCoco
09-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Morrowind is also made with the Gamebryo engine(fallout 3, new vegas and oblivion are made with that engine) little homework please:)... Ok i understand that but they also support oblivion so why not morrowind.

I don't think it's the same version or near it... it's too old. It's a waste of time now. Maybe when 0.1 full is released.

Volumed
09-07-2011, 09:37 PM

I don't think it's the same version or near it... it's too old. It's a waste of time now. Maybe when 0.1 full is released.

Does not really matter in some ways it's about the coding. It's too old? You are some kind of graphic slut? Morrowind is for me 100 times better then oblivion. I don't care when and in what version they going to release it even when it's never.

CTCCoco
09-08-2011, 01:26 AM

Does not really matter in some ways it's about the coding. It's too old? You are some kind of graphic slut? Morrowind is for me 100 times better then oblivion. I don't care when and in what version they going to release it even when it's never.

It matter because old version of the engine = different and obsolete code (for you: OLDER = MORE DIFFERENT AND OBSOLETE, a program which run in Windows 7 run in Windows 95?, this is like that), so it's much more difficult to do the multiplayer than Oblivion. I'm not talking about what game is better. If you don't care if it will be released or not, why you have done this thread?

I think you don't understand me...

jam
09-08-2011, 07:19 AM
project aedra people
https://sourceforge.net/projects/aedra/
if you want morrowind mp look into it, its a complete rewrite of the morrowind engine and it supports multiplayer :D

Lorenc
09-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Hey, you shouldn't add any more game support till you've finished the current ones you got, my opinion you should of start with fallout 3 then NV and then oblivion. All these game support to this may be giving you pressure and will time consume if you're working a lot just to fix certain issues on each mode.

Don't let people pressure you. Just saying.

Volumed
09-08-2011, 09:40 AM

Hey, you shouldn't add any more game support till you've finished the current ones you got, my opinion you should of start with fallout 3 then NV and then oblivion. All these game support to this may be giving you pressure and will time consume if you're working a lot just to fix certain issues on each mode.

Don't let people pressure you. Just saying.

I don't pressure him, i only ask for it. And did you read all the posts:

"I don't care when and in what version they going to release it even when it's never."

It matter because old version of the engine = different and obsolete code (for you: OLDER = MORE DIFFERENT AND OBSOLETE, a program which run in Windows 7 run in Windows 95?, this is like that), so it's much more difficult to do the multiplayer than Oblivion. I'm not talking about what game is better. If you don't care if it will be released or not, why you have done this thread?

I think you don't understand me...

Ok you are right with that, but you can never be sure did you ever try it?

Because i love that game and i only ask it why can you not understand that.

And i do not understand you because you think i can read your brain.

Akrakorn
09-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Jesus Christ, so much fucking drama over here. Volumed, it's better to have one stable version of Fallout 3/NV rather than a couple of chaotic and unstable versions of every game. And it will take -a lot- of time to make every game stable. So yeah, that's pretty much it.

ArathHunter
09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree Volumed, Morrowind was a freaking awesome game and there was just spells that I completely missed that werent in oblivion. The whole landscape, map, the whole island. I loved it. And so many quests, I bet I barley even finished half the quests in the game and I went around actually trying to do them all @_@. *sigh* hmm... I wonder, Is there a mod for oblivion to completly switch everything to Morrowind? I prefured how oblivion was, dident have to swing 20 times at low level just to be able to hit =/. Just the combat stuff and how the spells worked is what I want to keep from oblivion, everything else, I miss like crazy!

I'm just hoping that there is a morrowind mod for oblivion, to make it easyer on it all. But if recycler might make morrowind multiplayer, I'd want him to finish up vaultmp first before working on that.

Volumed
09-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Jesus Christ, so much fucking drama over here. Volumed, it's better to have one stable version of Fallout 3/NV rather than a couple of chaotic and unstable versions of every game. And it will take -a lot- of time to make every game stable. So yeah, that's pretty much it.

I agree, Yes ofcourse i totally agree i love you for that god's sake! I am only suggesting it's not that it have to be done!!!!
Dam.... I do not post in this topic again.. :-X

Genocyber
09-08-2011, 08:34 PM
My 2c is that you should also focus on one thing Recycler. I had a pretty large mod team a few years back, but split the team between 2 projects and many months down the road, we just burnt out. If we had focused on one project, It would have been released it by now. Ive since revived one of the projects but it now has 1/6th the manpower it once had. Then again, since Im not a programmer, just creative director/geck user of my mod projects, I do not know the intricacies of programming at this level and wont pretend to do so - thus developing 3 different clients at the same time may not really be as much as an issue as we non-programmers think it is.