View Full Version : server mods?

frankpetrov
09-26-2011, 04:08 PM
If you have a mod that is required to play on a server, is it downloaded when they join or when they sync with the server? Or is it even just streamed?

Dantiko
09-26-2011, 05:11 PM
All mods that you have are deactivated automatically if the server don't allow it, and if you are missing a mod on the server, click on the synchronize button to download it, otherwise you won't be able to play on the server.

foxtacles
09-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Right. Server mods are defined in the server config and can be downloaded via Synchronize if the server allows it:

;comma seperated list of mod files required to play on this server
;mods need to be located in the folder "mods", which is the games "Data" folder clientside
;mods will be loaded in the given order
;mods=mymod.esp

fileserve=1 ;allow users to download required files (such as mods) from the server, default is: 0
fileslots=8 ;maximum number of parallel fileserve connnections, default is: 8

frankpetrov
09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
But can a player connect to the server, if they have the correct save file and not the mod?

foxtacles
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
No ;) The player is required to have the mod files installed (vaultmp checks that). Anything else would lead to inconsistency. (note: ESP/ESM files count as mods, anything else is not affected)

ArathHunter
09-27-2011, 12:57 AM
oh, Dang I was hoping that it would download when we synced it. But then again I suppose that would be to much to ask, and would take forever and Lag the server possibly that way :-\

frankpetrov
09-27-2011, 01:20 AM
oh, Dang I was hoping that it would download when we synced it. But then again I suppose that would be to much to ask, and would take forever and Lag the server possibly that way :-\

The client does download the mods when synced if the server allows it to be downloaded.

Dantiko
09-28-2011, 05:06 PM
And, with the progress bar to be added, I would wish that the files that are being downloaded are also shown, in case download is too slow, we can download it externally.