View Full Version : Remove the anti-piracy?

Lorenc
10-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Hi all, I'm going to be purchasing fallout 3 but to continue on. Most multiplayer developers don't care about whether the player is using a pirated copy of a game. I mean, frankly quite pointless to do so. Most people will download the game rather than buying it and these people can be a lot. This might stop people from going to vault-tec just because of this. My suggestion is that you allow pirated copies of the game and not support people with errors of the pirated copy. Just allow vault-tec to run through them :)

Thanks, show us your oppinions :-[

(This just turned me on after a friend told me, he may be incorrect)

Aeronix
10-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Uh, there is no such thing as an anti piracy policy idiot, it's discussion about piracy that is not allowed, and VaultMP does not support pirated builds of the game...

Lorenc
10-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Uh, there is no such thing as an anti piracy policy idiot, it's discussion about piracy that is not allowed, and VaultMP does not support pirated builds of the game...

Describe, pirated builds of the game, "Idiot".

Farlo
10-23-2011, 07:28 AM
No need to get antsy you two. As Aleksander said, there isn't specifically a "policy" against using pirated copies of the game, but there is a restriction against talking about it on these forums. This is mainly a formality as it doesn't look good when you're promoting a mod if there's a bunch of talk about pirating the game, but it also protects against the *very unlikely* situation of Bethesda/Obsidian reporting the website for promoting piracy or trying to take legal action.

That being said, there's little to no reason why this mod wouldn't work with an illegal copy of the game as they're essentially identical (assuming the rip isn't broken/infected), especially since Bethesda is badass enough to realize that anti-piracy software does more harm than good and don't clog up their engines with it. Your suggestion of just denying support for pirated copies is in effect here and on pretty much every other mod site ever. Whether you pirated the game or not isn't something this mod/board cares about, and should be left outside discussions here all-together.

Lorenc
10-23-2011, 07:41 AM
No need to get antsy you two. As Aleksander said, there isn't specifically a "policy" against using pirated copies of the game, but there is a restriction against talking about it on these forums. This is mainly a formality as it doesn't look good when you're promoting a mod if there's a bunch of talk about pirating the game, but it also protects against the *very unlikely* situation of Bethesda/Obsidian reporting the website for promoting piracy or trying to take legal action.

That being said, there's little to no reason why this mod wouldn't work with an illegal copy of the game as they're essentially identical (assuming the rip isn't broken/infected), especially since Bethesda is badass enough to realize that anti-piracy software does more harm than good and don't clog up their engines with it. Your suggestion of just denying support for pirated copies is in effect here and on pretty much every other mod site ever. Whether you pirated the game or not isn't something this mod/board cares about, and should be left outside discussions here all-together.

Thanks, please lock the topic :)

Dantiko
10-23-2011, 12:11 PM
First useless topic from Lorenc, gotta play on the lottery, cya :P