View Full Version : Questions & Answers

cerber
08-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Hello there. I need to a few answers for my questions, so...
1.When will be available to play?
2.When will be first stable version?
3. How many players can play in 1 server?
4. Will be there original textures of Fallout 1 and 2 weapons, items, iterface?
5. How respawn will look like? If player die, when and where he or she will respawn?
6. Will be there option for servers to use ONLY real time combat, WITHOUT VATS?

Please answer for questions.

General Alexander
08-04-2011, 10:27 PM
there will be no VATS at all, all things and weapons will be from Fallout 3 (original + server's owner mods), the reliese will be but we dont know the date cause we got a lot work to do. U can play now - but its just a test yet. U can set up the number of players - there is no limit from 1 to unlimited - how much or pc will take.

shorun
08-04-2011, 11:32 PM
respawn to will be mostly server script. could be you just respawn somewhere with everything back in your inventory (TDM) or you respawn at hospital with empty inventory (hardcore rp) that really depends on what the gamemode tells it to.

cerber
08-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Nice. I will do something like FOnline game - if you die, you lost all equipment. Will be there a few gameplay modes? Like TDM, Free for all FPS style, RolePlay or PvE?

shorun
08-05-2011, 11:16 AM
do you know SAMP? you have gamemodes there depending on a script right? well, this will be basicly the same. you will have the ablility to make your own gamemode for your server, with it's own distinct rules. so yes, you should be able to have TDM, free for all, rp, pve etc etc.

cerber
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I know San Andreas MP but I don't play it. Thank you for answer.

I will check test servers today.

cerber
08-05-2011, 08:29 PM
OK, guys I downloaded client from this topic (https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php?topic=39.0). Perfect working, but what client is in wiki? There's revison 134 alpha, is that new?

General Alexander
08-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Yes its the last one - yet. wait for the next

Lokies
08-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Yea, I was wondering Does this mod Work for Fallout 3, Steam Or do i really need to go out and buy it agian?

Thanks for your Help :)

foxtacles
08-05-2011, 10:40 PM
You can make the Steam version of Fallout 3 work by replacing your Fallout3.exe by the one of the Non-Steam edition. There might be some legal problems with this, though. I'm going to add support for the Steam version soon anyway ;)

KorroBravin
08-05-2011, 11:42 PM
That you can, I uploaded a copy here:
https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php?topic=101.0
works fine for me, though i BSoD'd around Megaton a couple times for some reason... Though I played for a few hours with a friend away from megaton, and it was fine.

Lokies
08-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Thanks recycler <3 I really dont want to have to buy Fallout 3 agian :/

cerber
08-06-2011, 09:28 AM
My friends has steam version of Fallout New Vegas and he can't connect with server.

Take and look. Screenshot: https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/beztytuupbp.png/

Does vaultmp support steam version?

General Alexander
08-07-2011, 10:20 AM
can u read posts before asking too old questions? about STEAM version it was written on the very first day - on the MAIN page! Read our Topics

foxtacles
08-07-2011, 12:35 PM
The Steam version of Fallout: New Vegas is supported (actually, it's the only version out there); the Steam version of Fallout 3 is not supported yet. Please specify your problem in detail so I might be able to help you ;) Looks like you didn't (or your friend) run vaultmp.exe from the New Vegas folder.

Dantiko
08-07-2011, 04:50 PM
:'( I bought Fallout New Vegas for my PS3, but luckily I downloaded Fallout 3 to my pc.
My question, when entering a server theres that beginning, of me being a baby, is it a boy or a girl, you get me, when it tells me to write my name, I must click 20 times in the same letter before it appears at the game, and I cant write it with caps lock on, I was wondering that if I chosen my name at the server screen, what should my name be in the game?

General Alexander
08-07-2011, 05:17 PM
it will be the name u write in vaultmpd.exe after opening it (under the Master adress)

Goz
08-07-2011, 05:17 PM
You have to put the savegame in the right foulder dude xdd so that when you connect to a server it automatically loads the "default" savegame...

Dantiko
08-07-2011, 06:46 PM
:) I found another guy, when I was with that bb gun at the firing range, I think he used VATS because when I left the game later it was written that vaultmpd.exe found a problem.

Dantiko
08-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh sorry, in my savegame folder I didnt saw the saves folder, so I created a new folder and added default to it, it didnt loaded anything though
---------------------------EDIT----------------------------
just found the problem, the default.fos were in a folder called savegame inside the saves folder, I moved to where the other saves were, now it should work, sry for
double reply
---------------------------EDIT----------------------------
is it normal I dont have a pip boy on multiplayer? I killed some raiders and I am almost dead.

General Alexander
08-07-2011, 08:10 PM
there are no VATS in VAULTMP.

Dantiko
08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
no vats mean no pip boy, means I cant equip armor and weapons?

Olafsen
08-07-2011, 09:06 PM
no vats mean no pip boy, means I cant equip armor and weapons?

No, there are a Pipboy and with this you can equip armor and weapons but VATS are disabled.

Dantiko
08-07-2011, 11:01 PM
U dont get me, I press TAB and he looks at his arm, I didnt received a pip boy

General Alexander
08-07-2011, 11:10 PM
its because u have default save without a pip boy.

shorun
08-07-2011, 11:23 PM
there is a savegame without and a savegame with pip-boy. lol.
You chose the wrong one.

Dantiko
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Aw man, Now I see, damm u guys got me, why put a non-pipboy save?

shorun
08-08-2011, 12:57 PM
because it was allready there, lol. why it's still in there beats me.

Power of choice!!!

foxtacles
08-08-2011, 05:43 PM
The pipboy savegame will be removed when items can be controlled via script. It's only temporarily available to test the inventory system ;) When the scripting functions are there, you can use the default savegame without the pipboy. You will automatically get a pipboy from the server, so there won't be a real difference then.

Dantiko
08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
well, for now I will test killing raiders and getting their weapons, you must fix the hotkey problem, when I press R to repair on the pip boy, I must press it repeatedly until it works, same works when I search a body, I must press E or A repeatedly until the hotkey works.

Dakarun
08-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Just found out about this and decided to give it a try. It works, but I get a horrible framerate, about 5-10 fps (New Vegas). Is this supposed to happen?

Nice job so far by the way.

cerber
08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Just found out about this and decided to give it a try. It works, but I get a horrible framerate, about 5-10 fps (New Vegas). Is this supposed to happen?

Nice job so far by the way.

In singleplayer how many frames do you have? If more, I don't know why your NV is bugged, maybe try change settings options, close applications which you don't use.

Well, I have normal fps in vaultmp like in single player.

Dakarun
08-12-2011, 01:03 PM
It seems to work fine now. Guess all I needed was a reboot.

One other thing though, am I supposed to not have a pip boy?

jam
08-12-2011, 01:22 PM
there are 2 versions of the default.fos save one with pipboy and one without, make sure you choose the one with, and yes there is a reason for having the one without

Dakarun
08-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Ah silly me, need to learn to read :p. One last question, can I save my progress somehow?

foxtacles
08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Not yet, as the current available versions are only for testing (no progressing, no 'playing') ;)

Dakarun
08-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Ah logical.

Dantiko
08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
well, thats odd, I save my game everytime, for example once I killed a guy before saving into default save, then after he died I loaded the save before, that way I didn't lost my ammo.

othuv
08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
how can i tell if i have joined a server (and don't say find another player coz ive tried)

MrFahrenheit
08-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Hey man, first out I'd like to say that you've done an exceptional job. To be honest, that is quite an understatement. You are successfully creating a multiplayer mod for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I tip my hat to you good sir. However, I do have a few questions.

First, is there any way to access the console while in game? Say my friend and I wanted to play together and toy around with some weapons. Is there a way to spawn weapons or some kind of server command that can be entered to spawn said weapons at the player?

I assume that you have "locked out" the console in game so to speak such that player cannot enter things into it. Is there a way to allow players to type things in the console and gain the effects of the commands? For example if a player typed "tcl" in console would they be able to noclip?

Well, thanks for reading this and hope you can answer soon. Keep up the good work. ;)

cerber
08-13-2011, 09:36 AM
First, is there any way to access the console while in game? Say my friend and I wanted to play together and toy around with some weapons. Is there a way to spawn weapons or some kind of server command that can be entered to spawn said weapons at the player?

You can turn on console using default key (~) but you can't type commands on server. You should try open singleplayer mode, respawn items, whatever you want and save it. After that, log on server and load your save with new items/whatever. I did that and it works. Sorry, but I don't know other way, maybe anyone else knows.

shorun
08-13-2011, 03:07 PM
actually that is the best way to do it. load the save single player and spawn the items you want to test.
Item sync works, you can see what the other player wears. for the rest, patience :)

CouncilOfDave
08-13-2011, 09:06 PM
On the NV server, I still have my Goodsprings home mod installed. I have a few weapons and armor in it, and I can get that stuff real quick after I join the server.

Possibly just dropping a crate in Goodsprings with some weapons/ammo/armor in it via the GECK and loading that would work well, if you have the know how. It also loads my Caravan pack items when I join the server with the default.fos, so any mods should work. The other player should be able to see them as long as they are vanilla items already in game.

I don't know if you both having the same mods installed would have item sync if the mod adds new weapons, though. I haven't been able to test this...

foxtacles
08-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey man, first out I'd like to say that you've done an exceptional job. To be honest, that is quite an understatement. You are successfully creating a multiplayer mod for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I tip my hat to you good sir. However, I do have a few questions.

Glad that you enjoy the work on vaultmp :D To answer your question:

The current revision does not allow to use the console, however, the next revision (20th/21st this month) will. Expect it to be disabled again when vaultmp goes out of testing phase, though ;)

You can try what tester123 suggested. There is no other way, at least not until the release of the next revision ;)

I don't know if you both having the same mods installed would have item sync if the mod adds new weapons, though. I haven't been able to test this...

Mods do not work yet, but the inventory system has been designed with mod support in mind, it's just a matter of time when vaultmp will support this ;)

odifus
08-15-2011, 09:52 AM
in terms of quests so far what is synked atm

shorun
08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
in terms of quests, nothing yet.
Patience, it's a work in progress, and the progress is going faster then i could have hoped myself. recycler is doing a great job.

Dantiko
08-17-2011, 11:05 PM
well, there is always no one online or that 0 number is bugged in vaultmp server, also no one gets online because there is nothing else to do without a chatting system ingame.

General Alexander
08-19-2011, 01:15 PM
It is already 19 of August. Will the update be ready tomorrow, Cycler?

Dantiko
08-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Also I hope you don't mind that I don't have the amount of time to reply to all forum posts ;)

I aim for the 20th 27th this month

Despierto
08-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, when I'm trying to run vaultmp.exe, it says "FalloutNV/Fallout 3.exe are either corrupted or not supported!" What's the problem? I didn't install any patch on both games. Should I?

Dantiko
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
You got both of them, well, you installed the uncut version of Fallout 3?

Dantiko
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
How do I uninstall all of the mods I added to the game?

General Alexander
08-19-2011, 09:36 PM
u better reinstall the game. cause it's almost impossible to delete everything exept the game itself

Dantiko
08-20-2011, 12:51 PM
It's only 2 mods I put, I will access the files and remove them manually, also does ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! affect multiplayer?
Also, can someone put a photo of an unmodded data folder?

General Alexander
08-20-2011, 03:16 PM
i got more than 30 mods and they dont affect vaultmp. u just uncheck them before enter the game and they dont cause any trouble.

Despierto
08-20-2011, 03:18 PM
How can I chat with my friend in-game? I tried T, Y and U but didn't work. :/

ArathHunter
08-20-2011, 10:41 PM
How can I chat with my friend in-game? I tried T, Y and U but didn't work. :/

theres no chat implemented yet and its being worked on by that one guy... (I'll edit his name in when I remember or find it)

ps: Damn ye and yer T fer talk ):< xD

Z0mbin3
08-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this...

I have a problem, when I join the Fallout 3 test server, after playing some time (like maybe sometimes 2 seconds or another time 5 minutes) my game freezes and I have to close it trhough Task Manager. I have Fallout 3 Steam.

General Alexander
08-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Fallout 3 WITHOUT steam only - READ main topic, damn it!

Z0mbin3
08-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Fallout 3 WITHOUT steam only - READ main topic, damn it!

Ok ok, sorry, I searched around for that but didn't find so I asked.

Also, what is better (fun) for play with my friend, F3 or FNV?

General Alexander
08-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I reccomend Fallout 3 - but u can play Both

Dantiko
08-21-2011, 05:39 PM
I would advise New Vegas.

karsten
08-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Everytime I attempt to put -nv in the command line the server still comes up as Fallout 3.

TheMrPatrick
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Will installing this mod disable achievements for Steam? Or won't affect anything at all?

foxtacles
08-24-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure about the achievements, but I suspect they don't get disabled ;)

CTCCoco
08-24-2011, 06:00 PM
There will be NPC sync ? We can will create our own NPC's?

foxtacles
08-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Not in the next update (which is "only" a large rewrite of the mod), but it will be there later. The current system overhaul is to make advanced stuff like NPC sync and creation possible ;)

SWAT_FO
08-25-2011, 01:53 PM
where download full client for fallout new vegas multiplayer ?

CTCCoco
08-25-2011, 02:08 PM
where download full client for fallout new vegas multiplayer ?

Just download vaultmp and enter to the New Vegas server. You don't need special files for play in new vegas.

See this: https://wiki.vaultmp.com/index.php/How_to_set_up_the_server_and_connect

and this: https://wiki.vaultmp.com/index.php/Download_(binaries_/_source)

General Alexander
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
When the next update will be 100% ready, Cycler?

Crawdy
08-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Can someone make Tutorial video how to use the Vaultmp correctly please, because i don't know what i do to make it work on MP(Fallout3) I get confused and stuff

Dantiko
08-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Update will be today or not Cycler?

Vort97
08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Hello there. I have a question for you. Im scanning every file what I download and when I was scanning The Vault MP ALPHA my antivirus founded a virus. I don't accusing for anything but why it keeps saying that? And is it fixable or I must change my antivirus?

CTCCoco
08-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Hello there. I have a question for you. Im scanning every file what I download and when I was scanning The Vault MP ALPHA my antivirus founded a virus. I don't accusing for anything but why it keeps saying that? And is it fixable or I must change my antivirus?

It's not a virus, it's a "little problem". It will be fixed in the next revision, like Recycler said.

Dantiko
08-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Recycler already answered on the prevision of the next revision that update will be this sunday or maybe monday.

cerber
08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
When new revisions will be available to download and when servers be online?

Dantiko
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
the next update, with the GUI and the Sync shall come in a week or so, the test servers will come up with the next update.

Lokies
09-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I didn't Read the last 6 pages so this may have been asked already but For the map situation will you be able to explore the other maps like The Pitt or the swamp place (Don't actually know the name of it but i do own it :D), Tranquility lane, ETC. Will they work? Any answer will be appreciated.

cerber
09-05-2011, 08:36 AM
I didn't Read the last 6 pages so this may have been asked already but For the map situation will you be able to explore the other maps like The Pitt or the swamp place (Don't actually know the name of it but i do own it :D), Tranquility lane, ETC. Will they work? Any answer will be appreciated.

DLC maps? These DLCs will work in the future. If I'm wrong, correct me. ;)

Lorenc
09-09-2011, 10:27 AM
do you know SAMP? you have gamemodes there depending on a script right? well, this will be basicly the same. you will have the ablility to make your own gamemode for your server, with it's own distinct rules. so yes, you should be able to have TDM, free for all, rp, pve etc etc.

It's not the same goddammit, the syntax has changed in the new pawn versions.... I'm starting to get familiar with it now. It's really interesting watching the PAWNGuide.pdf!

Dantiko
09-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Where are the factions child boards?
EDIT
Already saw that Recycler removed it, you can still access it people via the search.

foxtacles
09-09-2011, 05:29 PM
You probably can't access them in any way anymore now. If you want any of your created topics in that forums saved, I can move them out of that section to somewhere else.

cerber
09-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Sorry for stupid question but did vaultmp update to new revisions (145 or something)? I don't have vaultmp client, so I don't know. Are servers online?

CTCCoco
09-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Sorry for stupid question but did vaultmp update to new revisions (145 or something)? I don't have vaultmp client, so I don't know. Are servers online?

Yes, vaultmp have been released on revision 145, and servers are online.

Dantiko
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
All downloads should be done at the wiki.

cerber
09-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Good, thanks for the answers.

Galerion
09-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Can somebody make a update of the installer?

Dantiko
09-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Aleksander, but there is no need since the game will be updated on a few days.

al5xander
09-20-2011, 06:45 PM
recycler how did you learn to use PAWN?

Dantiko
09-20-2011, 09:24 PM
recycler how did you learn to use PAWN?

Thats 1 useless question I want to know.

foxtacles
09-21-2011, 01:25 AM
I learned C in 2006, and when I started scripting SA-MP gamemodes (2007) I didn't need to learn PAWN because it is similar (at least the syntax). I've never been professional with coding in PAWN though, just the basics ;)

CTCCoco
09-21-2011, 08:24 AM
I learned C in 2006, and when I started scripting SA-MP gamemodes (2007) I didn't need to learn PAWN because it is similar (at least the syntax). I've never been professional with coding in PAWN though, just the basics ;)

That's how I learned PHP as well. I learned PAWN and LUA, and then PHP was too easy.

al5xander
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
so could you have done this mod in c?

Volumed
09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
so could you have done this mod in c?

Why the hell will you do that. :P

Dantiko
09-22-2011, 08:16 PM
wasting time maybe...

al5xander
09-22-2011, 10:19 PM
im just curious

foxtacles
09-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Technically it would have been possible to code vaultmp in C, but would have been a lot harder. C++ is a more powerful language featuring object orientation and all of the benefits which are tied to this (classes / objects, constructors / destructors, polymorphism, virtuality...just to name a few).

Good example to show why C++ is so much better is the game object model implemented in vaultmp (inheritance): https://docs.vaultmp.com/class_object.html The base of a Player is always an Actor (NPC in-game), an Actor is always a Container ("has an inventory"), a Container is always an Object (the Object in-game can be either an Actor or a plain container, i.e a mailbox), and all Objects are References (reference IDs in-game). Items can be part of a Container, but also be independent Objects (dropped items etc). Languages like C++ allow to exactly represent this relationship and make it a lot easier to write game code.

ArathHunter
09-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Interestingly interesting! ;D Wish I had the patience to learn such things :-\

Farlo
09-27-2011, 02:59 AM
Interestingly interesting! ;D Wish I had the patience to learn such things :-\

Same... I've always wanted to learn some languages and make cool programs, but I never found myself willing to sit down and read about them.

jaxx2009
10-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Where is the updated "default.fos" for F:NV? I have downloaded rev147 but I can not find it.

Farlo
10-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Where is the updated "default.fos" for F:NV? I have downloaded rev147 but I can not find it.

After you select the server you want from the list, click Synchronize, it'll download the latest save from the server.

Dantiko
10-02-2011, 01:54 PM
I always wanted to be a programmer(or a hacker maybe), even bought a book(hacking book), but never managed to do it, the book said it requires some intelligence in C, I always wanted to know C but never found a book that could explain it right, because most books start with that same old internet story, old OSs and so on, then suddenly from nowhere they start to say advanced things in C, I feel sad. :'(

Volumed
10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I always wanted to be a programmer(or a hacker maybe), even bought a book(hacking book), but never managed to do it, the book said it requires some intelligence in C, I always wanted to know C but never found a book that could explain it right, because most books start with that same old internet story, old OSs and so on, then suddenly from nowhere they start to say advanced things in C, I feel sad. :'(

Maby you don't read it right, in everything you first have to learn where it comes from, then the basic but you have to understand it yourself you can't just skip to the advanced things.

I hope you are good in maths you will need that to understand it.

Dantiko
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I am very good in maths, and had to learn how to make those binary conversions to decimal, but after that I can't get it, where does he start to teach the basics, I can't find the exact place where to begin thinking.

elitewolf
10-21-2011, 12:49 AM
man, i need a video tutorial for this, i dont know how to use the vaultmp, and i dont know what is the master address, please help me!!!

Farlo
10-21-2011, 03:04 AM
man, i need a video tutorial for this, i dont know how to use the vaultmp, and i dont know what is the master address, please help me!!!

Yes, sadly there isn't a lot of documentation available because the program is in it's infancy. Basically, place all the files from the download into the root (not Data) folder of the game and run VaultMP.exe. From there make sure the Master field contains "vaultmp.com" and click Master Query. Then select the server you wish to join (Only one for each game at the moment) according to the map name and click Synchronize. Once that's done (it might take a little bit), you can finally hit Join Server and the game should launch and allow you to load the game and play.

Please be aware that the multiplayer aspects of the game are still in their testing form and nothing is complete, so there will probably be some errors.

Dixx
10-21-2011, 03:01 PM
As i said before. We you should make normal website dinluding tutorials and news and make subdomain (forum.vaultmp.com) and put forum there.

I think that nobody cares about my helping offer. Well Houstin was once, but i got no responcse or reaction...
I DON'T WANT ANY MONEY for that OR ANYTHING! If you don't want me to help you, just tell it, because i dont want to make a **** of myself by spamming here about it. but think about that. This forum-website information thing is little "bad" for such a great project!

(sorry for bad eng.)

Volumed
10-21-2011, 03:24 PM
As i said before. We you should make normal website dinluding tutorials and news and make subdomain (forum.vaultmp.com) and put forum there.

I think that nobody cares about my helping offer. Well Houstin was once, but i got no responcse or reaction...
I DON'T WANT ANY MONEY for that OR ANYTHING! If you don't want me to help you, just tell it, because i dont want to make a **** of myself by spamming here about it. but think about that. This forum-website information thing is little "bad" for such a great project!

(sorry for bad eng.)

Dude relax, if they don't respond to you then the answer is clear so stop spamming and Recycler is doing hes best and what i understand is that they want to wait for a release with more futhers before they want to make a better website.

And did you show off any of you work a portfolio?

Dixx
10-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I am not mad, i just wan a simple answer :)
and yes i did a website for testing purposes. Not uploaded now, but i can re-upload it. It has no graphics yet...
It was just bunch of my ideas, but i can do stuff there by request from admins, or players.

I got:
the basic css elements (chat, menu bar, login bar, etc.)
website PHP core (loggin, atabse reading posts, shoutbox, etc.)
some progress bar showing the progress till next relase.

And i need help from people to include stuff in there, such as tutorials, gameplays, etc.

Jakelol
10-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Could someone create a simple tutorial on how to set up a server?

Farlo
10-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Could someone create a simple tutorial on how to set up a server?

The reason there isn't a tutorial yet is because there isn't a simple way to get one working yet. The programs are still in an early development phase and most of the user features aren't finished yet, the back-end is still being built.

That said, I haven't been able to set up my own server yet (probably out of my own stupidity), but Aleksander has created an Installer (https://www.vaultmp.com/index.php?topic=39.0) that should help you get up and running. Another issue with setting up your own server is configuring the port forwarding and whatnot, which is somewhat case-specific, so you're kind of on your own. Once the next stable release is put up, I'll be re-writing the tutorial on the Wiki to hopefully make the process a lot easier, sorry I can't be of any more help.

cerber
10-31-2011, 08:44 PM
I was busy for few weeks so I don't know what exactly is progress of vaultmp. Are there new updates and reviosions? Has GUI been already implemented?

Volumed
10-31-2011, 09:23 PM
I was busy for few weeks so I don't know what exactly is progress of vaultmp. Are there new updates and reviosions? Has GUI been already implemented?

No, Reycycler is busy with his private life school like that.

koppeknoche
11-13-2011, 02:42 AM
One Short Question:

Will there be a Skyrim MP Support?
Or is it too complicated because of the new engine?

((Sorry for my bad english. German School english :P))

Volumed
11-13-2011, 11:03 AM
One Short Question:

I think everyone want the same thing that Recycler is going to finnish one project before he start with a other.

But i hope so for the futher. :)

Farlo
11-13-2011, 07:19 PM
One Short Question:

There's a lot more work to even get it working with Fallout, but depending on how different the engines are (which we'll start to know once they release the Creation Kit), it's possible that it can be made to work with Skyrim, it's just a matter of time. And actually, if Recycler and Houstin are willing to switch over to Skyrim there might be a lot more "public" interest in the mod.

ChairGraveyard
11-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Hey all, I'm extremely interested in making this work for Skyrim. I posted a bit in the Skyrim Mods forum, but most people there are actively hostile to an MP mod and continue to junk up the thread with whining.

Anyway I'm willing to contribute to making a Skyrim port if there are other developers interested in helping in the effort. I'm an experienced game programmer (worked on Torque3D engine side as well as the game/museum simulation BeTheDinosaur (https://www.youtube.com/user/EurekaExhibits) (link is to the channel from the company that owns the game, but it was the company I worked for that made it... I wrote or helped write a bunch of different stuff in that game, but was focused on the PhysX integration as well as inverse kinematics and various physics stuff for the dinosaurs and due to the nature of the engine, a lot of networking, albeit at a high level)) but I've not done much CS scripting for Oblivion/FO3/FNV but I can pick it up very quickly.

Looking through the code a bit on GitHub, it seems like the offsets for the Skyrim stuff would need to be found (I imagine we can pull some of them at least from Skyrim Script Extender), and the actions and everything would need to be mapped out in API.h. I'm sure new functions would need to be added to the interface for stuff that Skyrim has that the other games don't. I think an initial port should be primarily concerned with getting the server all set up and basic player and player move replication working.

Are there any other programmers lurking or posting here (I haven't read all 12 pages of the thread yet :P) that are interested in helping work on a port?

foxtacles
11-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Hey,

nice to see that you are interested in developing the mod! In fact it is possible to make it work with Skyrim (. It's not even a lot of work. As you already have discovered, there's some value stuff required in API.h and API.cpp (and vaultmp.h of the DLL). Depending on how much has changed in Skyrim (sadly I don't have the money right now to buy it but I will get it ASAP) this can be done quite fast. There's some more logic in other parts of the mod which needs to be adjusted but it's minor.

I myself am really excited to continue developing, especially adding Skyrim support. Due to my commitments (university, two programming jobs, etc.) I'm extremely short of time, but I'm looking forward to get back to coding in late December (holiday weeks). I know there's little source code / wiki documentation so it's hard for new developers to start contributing. Anyway, if you want to help out, it would be more than appreciated! I can answer any question you have regarding the code. There's still a lot to do to make it a fully working multiplayer mod (proper syncing being one of the most important aspects), but I know it can succeed :)

ChairGraveyard
11-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Hey,

nice to see that you are interested in developing the mod! In fact it is possible to make it work with Skyrim (. It's not even a lot of work. As you already have discovered, there's some value stuff required in API.h and API.cpp (and vaultmp.h of the DLL). Depending on how much has changed in Skyrim (sadly I don't have the money right now to buy it but I will get it ASAP) this can be done quite fast. There's some more logic in other parts of the mod which needs to be adjusted but it's minor.

I myself am really excited to continue developing, especially adding Skyrim support. Due to my commitments (university, two programming jobs, etc.) I'm extremely short of time, but I'm looking forward to get back to coding in late December (holiday weeks). I know there's little source code / wiki documentation so it's hard for new developers to start contributing. Anyway, if you want to help out, it would be more than appreciated! I can answer any question you have regarding the code. There's still a lot to do to make it a fully working multiplayer mod (proper syncing being one of the most important aspects), but I know it can succeed :)

Can you give me an overview of what's currently working vs what needs to be done? I've looked through the commits a little and at the to-do list in the other forum, but I'm just curious about what's working and such.

I poked through the SKSE source a bit and there's an interesting list in the RTTI_Types (https://pastebin.com/u8mLb1mY) file. It seems like there might be more ways to directly control the movement of actors in Skyrim than there were in Oblivion and FO3/FNV. That's just a guess from some of the stuff I saw in there though. That brings up another quick question which is how the moves of a remote player are replayed on the client in VaultMP currently? Specifically, I'm wondering how the moves are applied to the NPC.

ChairGraveyard
11-27-2011, 07:01 AM
https://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1292671-rel-script-dragon/

This is a very interesting release. It seems to have a lot of the offsets and such mapped out to some degree. I was thinking about making a horse whistle key using this right fast.

foxtacles
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Can you give me an overview of what's currently working vs what needs to be done? I've looked through the commits a little and at the to-do list in the other forum, but I'm just curious about what's working and such.

Basic sync should be working, it's sometimes buggy though. Best is to try it yourself if you have a Fallout game. The current way of syncing is using the script engine to play the movement animations and to apply the heading angles on the NPCs. It's very simple and therefore not very efficient and leads to asyncs quite often (what we need is kind of interpolation, in general, more coordinated movement syncing - ATM it's like simply applying animations and angles, and if a player gets out-of-sync -> position hard reset).

https://github.com/Foxtacles/vaultmp/blob/master/Game.h

This is the top layer to control things in-game. There is a Interface thread which is concurrently querying the game through the API for updated data, as well as executing the input from the Game layer. In the end, it boils down to the script functions like GetPos, SetPos, etc. (most of it).

There is so much to be done :D I will compile a more detailed list soon.

Tomo
11-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Seeing as we're on the topic, I should mention I fully intend to help out developing the mod when I get a chance. I've got little experience with MP mod developing, but I'm pretty good with the language. I've dabbled a bit with with the TESCS too, in case anything needs doing on that end.

But, I'm a student too, so free time is a fairly rare thing until mid December. So expect nothing amazing from me, but I'll help out if I can :)

xtreamsquerrel
12-02-2011, 01:34 AM
how do i make a server plzz awnser asap i rlly need help

Volumed
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
how do i make a server plzz awnser asap i rlly need help

More information what is not working, what do you not know.

Seanykins
12-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Any idea when are the Fallout 3 servers coming online..
If there are anyy dedicated servers online, could anyone PM me the Master etc ?

Volumed
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Any idea when are the Fallout 3 servers coming online..
If there are anyy dedicated servers online, could anyone PM me the Master etc ?

In the next 1-2 weeks with a new update.
Most people play local.

Seanykins
12-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Thank you for the quick respond.
Me and my friends are plannining to play..
If you wouldn't mind, could you hit me up over PM's to explain how to host a server ?
Possibly for role playing.

Eldarian
12-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Quick question, does anyone here know how to set up a public and/or private server? PM or Reply is nice. Thanks!

Tomo
12-17-2011, 03:33 AM
There's a tutorial on the wiki (link on the bar under the logo). Or, if you prefer, you can wait a couple of days for me to make a more complete tutorial (if there isn't one already). Check out my thread here -

https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?366-Is-there-any-kind-of-simple-up-to-date-turorial-for-server-setup

cerber
02-18-2012, 06:00 PM
What is curent progress?

al3x
02-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi, am new on forum and i love it fallout3 & new vegas and this project is cool, thanks to you Recycler !!

Quick question: This project will be continue, and how we help as ??
Cya !

Volumed
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi, am new on forum and i love it fallout3 & new vegas and this project is cool, thanks to you Recycler !!

Quick question: This project will be continue, and how we help as ??
Cya !

Welcome friend. This question have been answerd in many other topics here is one: https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?259-Todo-list-(vaultmp)/page4

Volumed
02-19-2012, 11:37 AM
What is curent progress?

Long time no see cerber, welcome back!

I hope this answer your question!

<recycler> have more time next weeks, will release update ;0
<recycler> more stability / playability, and I hope I can integrate the GUI

Dantiko
02-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Well, if you call that progress, I think it's been like that for some time now.
Anyways nice to see someone old in here again.

Volumed
02-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Well, if you call that progress, I think it's been like that for some time now.
Anyways nice to see someone old in here again.

It will be the feathers in the next release, i don't know the progress in it.
But Dantiko give Recy the time.. :l Maby it will be a very good update.

Dantiko
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Maybe...I want this mod as much as all of you, still if Recycler needs more time he gets more time, I will be visiting this forum 365 days per year, or until I die, well, take as much time as you need Recy, I got other things to do.

CTCCoco
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
It's not his decission to make it slower. He has to study and this is a complex project. Also he is practically alone with the programming part (counting some help about GUI and other things...).

cerber
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Long time no see cerber, welcome back!

I hope this answer your question!

<recycler> have more time next weeks, will release update ;0
<recycler> more stability / playability, and I hope I can integrate the GUI

Hello friend, oh that sounds amazing. I still active and wait for new revisions. :)

It's not his decission to make it slower. He has to study and this is a complex project. Also he is practically alone with the programming part (counting some help about GUI and other things...).

IMO, we should find someone who can help him with programming, I think there're many people on Nexus, Fallouts forums who can do sth.

sherry2012
03-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Thanks for that, it's much appreciated!

Greds
03-17-2012, 08:59 AM
HI all im newbie and i dont know how play in multiplayer i doing all: Install Fose and Install Russian Patch 1.7 (Because i Rus))) Да да Русский)) And i Desable Windows Live. I on Vaultmpd.exe and.... nothing any one server!!!! I write in Master MasterServer and press Master Querry and anything.... what i must do? And sorry For my Eng language ^_^

Volumed
03-17-2012, 10:12 AM
HI all im newbie and i dont know how play in multiplayer i doing all: Install Fose and Install Russian Patch 1.7 (Because i Rus))) Да да Русский)) And i Desable Windows Live. I on Vaultmpd.exe and.... nothing any one server!!!! I write in Master MasterServer and press Master Querry and anything.... what i must do? And sorry For my Eng language ^_^

Did you follow my tut?
https://www.vaultmp.com/showthread.php?373-How-to-great-a-server-master-server-with-hamachi-tut&highlight=hamachi

Greds
03-17-2012, 02:01 PM
But i want join on server from Internet but.... Hamachi.... can i join on official server???

Volumed
03-17-2012, 02:06 PM
But i want join on server from Internet but.... Hamachi.... can i join on official server???

No the official server is offline and will stay offline. I don't know any open servers i believe there are non.

Goodluck!

Greds
03-17-2012, 02:09 PM
thnx...: (

Greds
03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Stop... But i see what max. players on server 32 but in Hamachi max players 8 and how i can play with 32 players?! I want create Russian server ^_^

Volumed
03-17-2012, 02:23 PM
You can set the max to 32 but it will never work or really really laggy i recommend max 3 players in this stage of VaultMP.

Greds
03-17-2012, 02:31 PM
ok i did it!

Greds
03-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I have problem.. I on my server and i see what i dont have PiP-boy 3000 how i can get him?!

Volumed
03-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Please great your own topic in Discussion or join the chat.

Greds
03-17-2012, 03:17 PM
i join..........

MaxHarryson
06-16-2012, 05:05 PM
I know that this is a pretty obv question, but the game will not be paused when a player has his/her pipboy up, right ?

Volumed
06-16-2012, 05:32 PM
No it will not, also in the console the game will not pause.

MaxHarryson
06-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Cool
This will actually improve the game, making it impossible to take 40 stimpacks in the middle of a melee

GornyChort
07-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Hey. I apologize for any errors, bad know English, I write through Google Translator. Maybe this question has already been, but still ask you to reply. Whether you run a test server and if so, how soon it will be? In advance, thank you for your reply.

Volumed
07-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey. I apologize for any errors, bad know English, I write through Google Translator. Maybe this question has already been, but still ask you to reply. Whether you run a test server and if so, how soon it will be? In advance, thank you for your reply.

I really do not understand your question.

roby65
07-22-2012, 03:32 PM

Hi, we don't know when, but there will probably be a server when the mod will be in a playable state

GornyChort
07-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi, we don't know when, but there will probably be a server when the mod will be in a playable state

Thank you. I'll be glad to take part in testing.

Greds
07-27-2012, 04:22 PM
I want multiplayer for Gothic 3 please =3 I`m from Russia , and very much peoples want play in G3MP ^_^
Recycler ,PLEASE! :(

Volumed
07-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I want multiplayer for Gothic 3 please =3 I`m from Russia , and very much peoples want play in G3MP ^_^
Recycler ,PLEASE! :(

Lol....... -_-'Really...

Greds
07-27-2012, 06:48 PM
I really want Multiplayer... Ok.. i go create Russian fallout server online : 19 xD

Volumed
07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I really want Multiplayer... Ok.. i go create Russian fallout server online : 19 xD

You believe it's easy...? And Gothic is a different game it's hard to find out the core how it works, and he should start from 0 again, still Recycler will never do it..

foxtacles
07-27-2012, 11:00 PM
still Recycler will never do it..

I'd prefer if you could stop writing as if you knew about what I will and what I won't do. If one day I get up and feel like working on a Gothic 3 multiplayer, I just do it.

Volumed
07-27-2012, 11:06 PM
I'd prefer if you could stop writing as if you knew about what I will and what I won't do. If one day I get up and feel like working on a Gothic 3 multiplayer, I just do it.

My bad, i believe he will never do it now better?

Greds
07-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Try- is good game!

CTCCoco
07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
It would be good if you gift us with a percentage progress report, Recycler. We are hungry :3

Volumed
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
It would be good if you gift us with a percentage progress report, Recycler. We are hungry :3
Here friend: https://github.com/Foxtacles/vaultmp/issues/milestones

CTCCoco
07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Here friend: https://github.com/Foxtacles/vaultmp/issues/milestones

Woops... Thanks!

Lompang
08-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Hey guys I have recently set up a server to test this with my friend, same patch # and NVSE installed and such with the saves done right. We log in and find the server alright, but when we join sometimes we can't see each other or only one of us can see each other while the other can't. Any idea how to fix this?

Volumed
08-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey guys I have recently set up a server to test this with my friend, same patch # and NVSE installed and such with the saves done right. We log in and find the server alright, but when we join sometimes we can't see each other or only one of us can see each other while the other can't. Any idea how to fix this?

Can't be fixed, try to reconnect sometimes. Will be fixed in Gary 2.

Lompang
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
It's funny how you say that to me Volumed and it comes out two days later :)

Volumed
08-30-2012, 08:50 PM
It's funny how you say that to me Volumed and it comes out two days later :)

And I did not lie, it's fixed and pretty good too. :-D

Lompang
08-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Is it me or are the NPCs taken out for this one update, otherwise it's hard to find ammo.

foxtacles
08-30-2012, 09:46 PM
NPCs and creatures have been taken out (though they sometimes mysteriously pop up although I deleted them all in the GECK...) to not raise the impression that they are synced.

You can use the in-game console to give yourself items or use server-side scripts (AddItem), both works. The in-game console will be disabled in future versions, however.

benroyko
09-02-2012, 01:20 AM
im no longer getting the inventory error now it just says "Storage Expired" and it just crashes on that. this is for the new gary 2.1 by the way, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Mark
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
while moving the character in-game: does the client send x,y,z coordinates or keystrokes to the server? Does the server simulate the movement of the character?

steveo46
10-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I was wondering, are there mobs yet? if not when will there be?

Volumed
10-17-2012, 04:16 PM
I was wondering, are there mobs yet? if not when will there be?

No, when it's done.
There are still a lot of other things to do npcs and creatures are really hard to sync.